howdy folks-

i am experiencing a very strange problem with the caller i.d. function on my phone. for whatever reason, when someone calls, the phone will report that my wife is calling me from her cell phone number, when in fact, it's not my wife calling, but any one of my other friends who are, indeed already in my contact list. this happens more times than not, but i can't predict which calls will be affected. has anyone else been experiencing anything like this??? in all cases, when it's citing the incorrect person, it's always my wife's info that shows up on the screen. either my wife is playing some kind of nerdy trick on me, or my phone is malfunctioning! i'm stumped...

any ideas?
    12-01-08 11:28 PM
    Maybe you accidently put your wife's number in as someone elses? I know when i was putting my contacts in, I was doing it kinda fast and messing up numbers, so now i have a few wrong numbers..Just a possibility
    12-01-08 11:44 PM
    I had this problem too but it has since corrected itself. For me, I would get a call from one of my sisters (the ringtone was right tho. go figure...) and in landscape mode it was showing it was my other sister. When I went to portrait, my phone showed the right called info.
    12-02-08 12:15 AM
    I have had this happen to me also. Twice, someone who i last talked to you would show up and instead it was someone else calling me. It hasnt happened since but it was weird.
    12-02-08 12:28 AM
    i have the called i.d. problem too. aka someone calls me and it shows a different contacts info on the caller i.d. screen

also has anyone else had the problem with contact alerts that they still come through when the phone is on vibrate? if i have any personalized ringtones for my contacts they still play if my phone is on vibrate but not when it is on silent.

p.s. i updated to 4.7.0.75 and i still have the personalized ringtone problem but i have not had the weird caller i.d. problem yet
    12-02-08 02:48 AM
    I actually had the same problem on my old 8830. I took it to verizon and it seemed that during one of my back-up attempts through desktop manager, things were switched around. He told me that he tried a battery pull first, which actually took care of everything surprisingly. However, he said that if it happened again, I should try restoring data from DM.
    12-02-08 03:23 AM
    Happens to me also.. and a few others that I have talked to. It seems to have to do with landscape mode.
    12-02-08 05:07 AM
    I had the problem of wrong numbers showing up too, to the point where I said something rather inappropriate to come to find that it was my father calling me ask me about something... real fun explaining that one.
    12-02-08 05:42 AM
    I started a thread on this about a week ago. I had this happen a couple of times. I have not had it since upgrading the OS to.75
    12-02-08 05:53 AM
    hmmm. yeah, now that y'all mention it, it does only seem to happen in landscape mode. weird. i need to figure out a way to update my os without having a pc. will this .75 update eventually be offered through the 'air'?
    12-02-08 09:29 AM
    btw, this is an awesome forum.
    12-02-08 09:30 AM
    Same thing happens to me about 2 out of every 3 calls but not consistent. Today I answered "hey babe" to whom I thought was my wife calling but it wasn't her - fortunately is was a close (guy) friend and not a client or another female. The weird thing is when the person calls, it shows the incorrect person (typically the same person as the last call received that is in my phone book) but if you miss the call, it displays the correct person/number in missed calls. I hit ignore thinking it was one person but the missed call showed a different (and actual) person. Still can't believe the amount of bugs with this - the issues are so prevalent that RIM/VZW had to know. Which explains the limited initial stock - they wanted to only **** off the smaller number of people and not the larger group had they offered plenty of inventory.
    12-02-08 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD