Hi, recently purchased a unlocked Storm off EBAY and little did I know, the previous owner had not deactivated his BIS... So basiccly I need some help on how to do it myself. I really need to unactivate it so i can use my storm properly... I need help ASAP Thanks
    03-31-09 11:15 PM
    I would say to call your cust svc to reset your phone in the BB admin tool... that would fix it... but being unlocked, and on an unsupported carrier... I would say you might be a little stuck. You could try to upgrade the OS, this would wipe the service books and start from scratch anyhow...
    03-31-09 11:23 PM
    doing a new OS wouldnt solve my problem because the phones PIN and IMEI is active on the BLACKBERRY network. So I dont really know what to do since I am not the person who created the BIS before. I tried contacting the seller but he got it off another person, he buys and sells phones has a shop or something...
    03-31-09 11:47 PM
    You're probably screwed, but try calling the carrier the phone is branded for. Tell them the story where you bought it. Ask them to look up the MEID and PIN and contact the person who had it to verify that the sale was legit and that you want them to release the PIN so you can use it. If you can get a CSR with a brain, they shouldn't have a problem with this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 11:52 PM
    tried calling. they said they cant do anything ... Is there anyway to use my personal email from GMAIl or YAHOO without doing the BIS or BES?
    04-01-09 12:10 AM
    BIS IS your data connection... without registering the phone thru one or the other, there is no data flow to the device.
    04-01-09 01:39 AM
    dang when i go on att.blackberry or verizon blackberry site to resend the password back to the phone, it sends a message to my phone "no username or password"
    04-01-09 02:11 AM
    tried calling. they said they cant do anything ... Is there anyway to use my personal email from GMAIl or YAHOO without doing the BIS or BES?
    Who did you call? You need to call the Carrier the PIN was initially registered on. Trust me it will work, I had to do it and have also had PKcable include it in his tips/tricks thread as others have done this as well.
    04-01-09 02:31 AM
    I called verizon, they wanted all the guys information which I did not have.
    04-01-09 02:39 AM
    Just raise the issue with them. Tell them you want the PIN released and they should/will do it. If you have to get a Manager do so but just give them the PIN and they can get the info that way. That is exactly what I did to get mine released from Verizon, except I didnt have to get a Manager on the phone.
    04-01-09 02:48 AM
    should I call my carrier? which is ATT or verizon? If i should call verizon, they ask whats my number with them, how should I go on from there? I am going to try my best tomorrow but Ill try with ATT first because Im sure all BIS are the same and they can unactivate them for any blackberry phone. if that doesnt work Ill call up verizon and deal with them.
    04-01-09 03:58 AM
    I just went onto my brother's blackberry log in on ATT and changed the IMEI and PIN to my phones. it linked me his EMAILS and so on. Then I redid it so his IMEI and PIN was there and now his emails will not work on my phone. Im confused to how this whole blackberry thing works. When I try to resend the password to my phone from my PIN it says no username or password.
    04-01-09 05:20 AM
    omg... now I went to go activate my own IMEI and PIN and it worked perfectly...
    04-01-09 05:22 AM
    Let me tell you guys how I fixed my problem, maybe it may fix some of yours.

What I did was log onto my brothers blackberry and change the IMEI and PIN to my IMEI and PIN off my storm. He has a ATT BOLD btw. When I did that his EMAILS came onto my phone. Then I said well this isnt going to solve my problem, so i put his IMEI and PIN back. I was pissed thinking that was a waste of time. So I give it one last time on the creating a new account with me IMEI and PIN. what do you know? it works

The problem I was getting before was it said PIN already in use. But when I sent the password to my PIN it didnt work. But after I did the trick with my brothers, all is working again.
    04-01-09 05:54 AM
    Let me tell you guys how I fixed my problem, maybe it may fix some of yours.

What I did was log onto my brothers blackberry and change the IMEI and PIN to my IMEI and PIN off my storm. He has a ATT BOLD btw. When I did that his EMAILS came onto my phone. Then I said well this isnt going to solve my problem, so i put his IMEI and PIN back. I was pissed thinking that was a waste of time. So I give it one last time on the creating a new account with me IMEI and PIN. what do you know? it works

The problem I was getting before was it said PIN already in use. But when I sent the password to my PIN it didnt work. But after I did the trick with my brothers, all is working again.
    That definitely is not a common solution but somehow doing that released your pin. Congrats on getting it to work that way.
    04-01-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD