so the deletions seem to be propagating now to the device after several hours. does anyone know if it is supposed to take this long? it boggles my mind that BIS is so antiquated when compared to IMAP.
    05-06-10 02:53 AM
    really doesnt take that long normally. it's probably something to do with your settings or account.
    05-06-10 03:09 AM
    any specific ideas as to what settings i would need to adjust to change the refresh interval?
    05-06-10 03:12 AM
    nope no ideas. ive given you everything i can think of.

i only say its settings or account specific to you because its isolated to you and maybe a few other users.
    05-06-10 04:57 AM
    yeah doesn't work for me either. When you say "resend service books" are you referring to going into the Host Routing table and selecting"register now"? I added POP and IMAP to my gmail, deleted my gmail account on the VZW BIS server, and resent the stuff in the host routing table. I also deleted and re-added my gmail service books.
    05-06-10 11:55 AM
    Not working here either, on Sprint. Painfully annoying.
    05-06-10 12:16 PM
    forgot to add:

if u delete a message in gmail, the message will not be deleted from your blackberry until it is marked READ.
    Guys - None of these options or any other forum options work for me. I am running a Hybrid (.607/.643 from OOAKDPC) and have been running hybrids for ever without issues.

Facts or problems: (you be the judge)
    1. Gmail Plugin says it's loaded, but doesn't give me the menu options in messages
    2. I have not separated my gmail messages from the 'messages' folder. (tried it once)
    3. I removed my gmail account from BIS, re-added it as another account (old domain - let's call it imtiredofmyblackberry.com) and then forced gmail to use imap.
    4. I am connected to a BES for work, but this gmail issue is completely separate.
    5. I have changed email reconciliation to GMAIL.
    6. I have changed "Email Settings - Messaging Services" to GMAIL instead of DESKTOP.

I'm 'this' close to dumping my 12th blackberry in 6 years for something else. (Incredible or iPhone on T-Mobile) Working with my BB has become counterproductive instead of functional for me. OK, done ranting, sorry.

NONE of these listed above work. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

I think the bigger question here is "How are other Verizon folks making this work?" To clairify by 'work', I mean...if I open/delete 10 items in web gmail I want to see them opened/deleted on my BB.
    05-06-10 12:33 PM
    Guys - None of these options or any other forum options work for me. I am running a Hybrid (.607/.643 from OOAKDPC) and have been running hybrids for ever without issues.

Facts or problems: (you be the judge)
    1. Gmail Plugin says it's loaded, but doesn't give me the menu options in messages
    2. I have not separated my gmail messages from the 'messages' folder. (tried it once)
    3. I removed my gmail account from BIS, re-added it as another account (old domain - let's call it imtiredofmyblackberry.com) and then forced gmail to use imap.
    4. I am connected to a BES for work, but this gmail issue is completely separate.
    5. I have changed email reconciliation to GMAIL.
    6. I have changed "Email Settings - Messaging Services" to GMAIL instead of DESKTOP.

I'm 'this' close to dumping my 12th blackberry in 6 years for something else. (Incredible or iPhone on T-Mobile) Working with my BB has become counterproductive instead of functional for me. OK, done ranting, sorry.

NONE of these listed above work. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

I think the bigger question here is "How are other Verizon folks making this work?" To clairify by 'work', I mean...if I open/delete 10 items in web gmail I want to see them opened/deleted on my BB.
    Same thing here, deleted BIS account, re-downloaded the gmail plug-in, sync doesn't seem to be working.
    05-06-10 03:05 PM
    i hate this sent email from desktop showing on my storm....Hate it!
    05-06-10 03:41 PM
    I switched from a storm 2 to a droid and gmail is flawless on it.
    05-06-10 04:19 PM
    I switched from a storm 2 to a droid and gmail is flawless on it.
    Nice, I figured google would have all their apps working perfectly on that OS. Not to turn this into a Droid thread, but how do like the Google OS? Anything you miss on the Storm 2 now that you're on google OS?
    05-06-10 11:45 PM
    Nice, I figured google would have all their apps working perfectly on that OS. Not to turn this into a Droid thread, but how do like the Google OS? Anything you miss on the Storm 2 now that you're on google OS?
    Only bb messenger. I do miss the physical keyboard of the 9000 and 8800 that I had before. The storm 2 never did anything good for me.
    05-07-10 12:17 AM
    Good to know others aren't seeing gmail sync working properly... bad to know folks still don't have this working.

Nothing good to report on my Storm2 via Verizon. No sent gmails from computer on my Storm2, and certainly no form of sync from the computer to my Storm2.
    05-07-10 02:38 PM
    Any update on this? Any news from S1 or S2 users? Still not working on my Verizon S1. It looks like Tour users are having all sorts of luck with it but read messages are not syncing for me. I really wish that emails I read/deleted via the web client would be marked read or deleted on my phone. If this is working on S1s or S2s, are there settings that need to be changed?
    05-10-10 08:20 PM
    Any update on this? Any news from S1 or S2 users? Still not working on my Verizon S1. It looks like Tour users are having all sorts of luck with it but read messages are not syncing for me. I really wish that emails I read/deleted via the web client would be marked read or deleted on my phone. If this is working on S1s or S2s, are there settings that need to be changed?
    Thanks for the reminder. I can tell you that this is finally working for me under these specific settings.

1. Gmail has to be going to the 'messages' icon and not separate on the BB.
    2. Sync started working for me after deleting Gmail from BIS and re-adding 10 min later.
    3. It takes at least 1 hour to synch, maybe longer.
    4. If you delete an email on web client they DO NOT delete on the device until you mark them 'read', so I'm still doing double duty to sync. Total BS!

To me, it's almost useless, so I've gone back to separate icons on my BB for gmail. Mail Icon #1 = BES Mail Icon #2 - BIS (Gmail) Messages Icon - PIN & SMS.

Honestly, this is a huge disappointment and I'm truly tired of upgrading my BB every 1-2 weeks for all the features that Droid & iPhone have had from day one. I know this sync issue is a BIS thing, so don't all you guys bash me, this is just the straw for me. I'm investigating what it will take for a 3GS iPhone on Tmobile & then my S2 goes on eBay. Or, I buy an Incredible and stay with VZ.

End of rant....
    05-10-10 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the reminder. I can tell you that this is finally working for me under these specific settings.

1. Gmail has to be going to the 'messages' icon and not separate on the BB.
    2. Sync started working for me after deleting Gmail from BIS and re-adding 10 min later.
    3. It takes at least 1 hour to synch, maybe longer.
    4. If you delete an email on web client they DO NOT delete on the device until you mark them 'read', so I'm still doing double duty to sync. Total BS!
    This information is helpful. This is exactly what is happening for me. It is ridiculous. What good is 2-way sync if I have to mark an email as read on my phone before it will delete? Isn't the whole point of 2-way sync to "sync" my phone with my web-based inbox? There is no difference between marking as read on my phone and deleting on my phone; it is the exact same process. There is no benefit whatsoever. What a waste.

I'm with you. I get more and more frustrated with my Storm every day. Now that my office has an enterprise solution for both iPhones and Android phones, the temptation to leave RIM behind once my current contract is very, very strong. I understand that my phone is outdated and that there are better phones from RIM. But it seems like the one feature that RIM always had, which was vastly superior to the competition, was strong enterprise/email solutions. That is no longer the case (as this thread itself indicates). Seriously. The 2-way sync doesn't actually sync? I don't get it.

End of my rant...
    05-11-10 12:05 PM
    Working for me for about a week or so. I don't have to read a email to have it deleted either. This should have rolled out much better than what it is but I guess not

1-read from computer shows read on bb in 5-10 minutes
    2-deleted from computer gets deleted on bb but not within the same time frame. It has gotten quicker than the initial 4 hours
    05-11-10 12:43 PM
    forgot to add:

if u delete a message in gmail, the message will not be deleted from your blackberry until it is marked READ.
    Weird. Doesn't work that way for me. The messages can be deleted without me doing that step.
    05-11-10 12:44 PM
    Working for me for about a week or so. I don't have to read a email to have it deleted either. This should have rolled out much better than what it is but I guess not

2-deleted from computer gets deleted on bb but not within the same time frame. It has gotten quicker than the initial 4 hours
    Does this work for you in Gmail folder or do you have it in the messages folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 01:40 PM

RTS3K & SA13 - Are you guys on Verizon or another carrier?
    05-11-10 03:17 PM
    Verizon.
    I wish it would in the Gmail folder.

05-11-10 03:40 PM
    Ok, I have a Storm 2 on VZW, I've never been to this website for BIS before https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

When I attempt to create a new account, I get the error that 'Your Account is not accessible via the HTML Browser. Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service' What am I doing wrong?
    05-11-10 04:08 PM
    Its been so long since I got that error I forgot but I think you need to set it up from your phone first.

05-11-10 04:18 PM
    RTS3K & SA13 - Are you guys on Verizon or another carrier?
    I have my mail plugin and it works and my combined messages folder and it works there as well.

05-11-10 05:14 PM
    Okay, I've been through all the recommended steps. I've sent out a variety of test emails to check for sync on read status and deletions (if I read or delete on the web, will it update or delete on my phone). I'm checking both the Gmail plugin folder and the combined Messages folder. So far, no sync (approximately 30 minutes). We will see if my VZW S1 pulls through as the day wears on.
    05-11-10 05:37 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD