RIM turns on 2-way GMail sync for BIS 3.0 customers

"Today RIM turned on its 2-way Gmail sync feature, part of BIS 3.0, for its North American BIS 3.0 customers. The feature automatically syncs your read, unread, and sent messages between your BlackBerry and your GMail inbox. "

How does Verizon customers get BIS 3.0?

If I go to, https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw it looks like the older versions?
    05-03-10 09:44 AM
    It's all back-end. RIM has turned it on. If you have pushed gmail, everything will sync.
    05-03-10 10:09 AM
    Ok, so far its not syncing. Hopefully it will soon.
    Thanks

I still see emails that I deleted in my gmail account on my phone.
    05-03-10 10:14 AM
    From here forward, everything will sync.
    05-03-10 10:26 AM
    i see emails that i sent online on my bb, but the calendar does not sync
    05-03-10 10:29 AM
    From here forward, everything will sync.
    Well, its not syncing for me. From here forward must mean starting tomorrow.

Kind of like we should expect 6.0 next week.......
    05-03-10 10:34 AM
    That's weird, I do see emails sent from my Gmail account on my PC as sent on my Bold, but the actual email is not being received on the device. Test emails from other accounts are received as usual.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    05-03-10 10:35 AM
    That's weird, I do see emails sent from my Gmail account on my PC as sent on my Bold, but the actual email is not being received on the device. Test emails from other accounts are received as usual.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Emailing your gmail account from the same account will not deliver to your blackberry... at least that is how it has always been for me.

try emailing someone else
    05-03-10 10:41 AM
    Messages I send from the GMail website are showing up on my Storm 2. However, they show up in the "Messages" folder, and not my individual GMail folder. Any clue how to get the synced sent messages to arrive in my GMail enhanced plug-in folder? Thanks. I'm on Verizon, by the way.
    05-03-10 10:44 AM
    Like others here, I'm seeing items sent from web client on my BB, but my read messages still are not showing up as read on handheld. Would be nice if this feature does start working!
    05-03-10 11:04 AM
    Confirmed working. Digi, Malaysia. (GSM)
    05-03-10 11:20 AM
    Messages I send from the GMail website are showing up on my Storm 2. However, they show up in the "Messages" folder, and not my individual GMail folder. Any clue how to get the synced sent messages to arrive in my GMail enhanced plug-in folder? Thanks. I'm on Verizon, by the way.
    I noticed the same thing
    05-03-10 11:32 AM
    Will 3.0 sync calander?
    05-03-10 12:03 PM
    my two way sync is working!!!! sweetness!
    05-03-10 12:10 PM
    can anyone confirm if the calendar sync/contact sync bugs have been fixed with this? (

(bugs include duplicate and/or deleted contact entries, all day events in calendar starting at weird times (2 AM, 4 AM) and lasting through 2 days, birthday dates listed in BB Contacts deleted from BB Calendar, etc.)
    05-03-10 12:36 PM
    can anyone confirm if the calendar sync/contact sync bugs have been fixed with this? (

(bugs include duplicate and/or deleted contact entries, all day events in calendar starting at weird times (2 AM, 4 AM) and lasting through 2 days, birthday dates listed in BB Contacts deleted from BB Calendar, etc.)
    I do not use the contacts sync, but I can confirm that the calendar sync works. Now if only I could get my Outlook 2010 calendar to sync with my gmail calendar........
    05-03-10 12:57 PM
    Not working here... (Vodafone NL)
    05-03-10 01:10 PM
    Does one need to do anything to get this to work? How does one know if they have BIS 3.0?

I am using a 9700, latest OS, based in the Mid East.

Also, what are the settings needed on the Gmail account (PC) for this to work?

Do I want IMAP enabled? POP?

Thanks.
    05-03-10 01:16 PM
    Call me when BIS supports having access to emails in labels and I'll be impressed.
    05-03-10 02:26 PM
    ^^^ Give it some time, i am sure they'll get to it, probably not tomorrow.
    05-03-10 02:39 PM

Do I want IMAP enabled? POP?

Thanks.
    I'm seeing sent emails showing up on my bb and I'm using POP3 access...how can you tell if the calendar is syncing as well?
    05-03-10 03:54 PM
    loving this with threaded emails. since i do a lot of conversations over email, and switch between BB and laptop. keeps everything nice and synced.

now if only it can sync read emails.

hasnt done it with Exchange OWA...so im not expecting miracles =/
    05-03-10 06:11 PM
    Two-way sync is working for me! This is SO cool!
    05-03-10 10:17 PM
    Still not working for me.. bummer!
    05-04-10 08:00 AM
    I'm seeing sent emails showing up on my bb and I'm using POP3 access...how can you tell if the calendar is syncing as well?
    You probably need to have IMAP enabled. IMAP protocol allows for syncing, whereas most POP3 access does not. To be honest though, I'm not sure that Blackberry doesn't use a separate protocol for mail via BIS anyway.

I'm still using Google Sync (with those options disabled in the email settings) to handle my Calendar and Contacts, which works great. May change that if this newest BIS version has improved that capability, but for now I'm fine with what I got.
    05-04-10 08:04 AM
88 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD