Hi,

New Blackberry user here. I actually got the Storm2 so that I would be able to give some tips to my boss after he got his, my plan was to switch to the Droid after that happened. But, funny thing, now I don't want the Droid, I am loving the Storm2 and I have never been a fan of Blackberry in the past.

Now, onto my question. His phone has the Bing App installed, mine doesn't. I've heard it is being pushed out, but I've had my phone for 3 or 4 days now now and still nothing. Not sure I really want it, but I am finding it odd that I don't have it. Any way to force it to be pushed to me?

Thanks.
    11-06-09 02:27 PM
    That's a first, someone who actually wants these things pushed to them.

Most of the time you read people hating having random junk pushed to their phones.
    11-06-09 04:53 PM
    Hi,

New Blackberry user here. I actually got the Storm2 so that I would be able to give some tips to my boss after he got his, my plan was to switch to the Droid after that happened. But, funny thing, now I don't want the Droid, I am loving the Storm2 and I have never been a fan of Blackberry in the past.

Now, onto my question. His phone has the Bing App installed, mine doesn't. I've heard it is being pushed out, but I've had my phone for 3 or 4 days now now and still nothing. Not sure I really want it, but I am finding it odd that I don't have it. Any way to force it to be pushed to me?

Thanks.
    It actually only gets an Icon Link to the Bing Download page. I'd suggest you google "bing mobile for blackberry" or something like that and see if you can download it if it doesn't get pushed to you.

It's really amazing! Even includes "voice recognition" where you can speak your search and it recognizes it and then searches for it! Really really handy application.
    11-06-09 05:52 PM
    11-06-09 06:52 PM
    for screenshots, information and FAQ about Bing app:

Bing Blackberry Team - Windows Live
    11-10-09 02:12 AM
    If you pull the battery from the phone to reboot it, usually stuff that is getting pushed will come then if it hasnt before.
    11-10-09 02:16 AM
    I tried to like bing... But no. It is frustrating to use when you are trying to get real info. My opinion obviously

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 02:17 AM
    I dont like Bing at all... I wish there was some way i could tell my S2 to stop receiving certain items through the push. its frustrating that everytime you restart the device, they reappear.

They are like cockroaches; they never go away...
    11-10-09 02:48 AM
    Just reset your phone. It will get pushed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 03:20 AM
    Reset, as in battery pull? Done several of those, still not pushed.

Edit: Also, thank you for the link above. I probably won't install it, but will bookmark it for future reference.
    Last edited by kes601; 11-10-09 at 07:12 AM.
    11-10-09 06:54 AM
    As many here have said, these icons that VZW push to your device are just links to allow you to download the app if you want it. If they really bug you, make a new folder in your apps folder (like: Things I Hate About VZW) and move them to this folder and hide them. Problem solved. The icons do not install any programs unless you direct them to do so. And as far as I know, they don't use memory or resources. Hope this helps.
    11-10-09 07:11 AM
    As many here have said, these icons that VZW push to your device are just links to allow you to download the app if you want it. If they really bug you, make a new folder in your apps folder (like: Things I Hate About VZW) and move them to this folder and hide them. Problem solved. The icons do not install any programs unless you direct them to do so. And as far as I know, they don't use memory or resources. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, I Rename the Instant Messaging folder to "Hidden". Then I "hide" that Folder and move everything I don't want to see into that Folder. That way it's available if I ever need it, but out of site and not taking up any screen space when i don't need them.
    11-10-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD