I haven't had this problem with my VZW. And I am glad that isn't just verizon that has this problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 01:58 PM
    I agree. AT&T customers need to complain also. I have a folder called "useless" with all the AT&T junk.

Just like what I do with all the VZW junk.
    11-01-09 01:58 PM
    I haven't had this problem with my VZW. And I am glad that isn't just verizon that has this problem

Well, I can see that you own a 8330. 8330's don't get as many unwanted pushed icons as most newer BB devices that have OS 4.6 or higher (I think). Wait til when RIM releases OS 5.0 for 8330 and you will see what we're seeing.
    11-01-09 02:02 PM
    Ohh, thanks for making us VZW customers feel a bit better. But still, those unwanted icons popping up in our home screen from nowhere is getting redicilous. Wouldn't you agree?
    No, actually. If a small 90x96 pixel area that you can easily hide or move is bothering you that much, you might want to look into a "dumb" phone.
    11-01-09 02:05 PM
    No, actually. If a small 90x96 pixel area that you can easily hide or move is bothering you that much, you might want to look into a "dumb" phone.
    LOL. Funny, but true.
    11-01-09 02:12 PM
    Why do all you "patient" people allow this? Seriously, I don't get upset like the OP but I think it is just wrong for them to do that. Advertising in this world is just out of control. I bought the device, why should they be allow to throw my crap down my throat.

Remember when cable was promoted at the commercial free way to watch television? No one complained and now look at it. Went from 0 to 3 minute breaks to now 5+ and more frequent.

SMS was dirt cheap, as it should be since there is no overhead or cost to the operator. But look at it now because every one just says "oh deal with it". Stop telling people to just deal with it

Again, it doesn't bother me as much, but people need to voice their opinion against forcing things on you and allow you to decide on your own. But it's funny how MS is fined for IE and they have to offer other browsers now, but they can throw BING here and not be required to do the same for others. What's to stop them from forcing a commercial on to your device -- it's been talked about many times in the past.
    11-01-09 02:26 PM
    Why do all you "patient" people allow this? Seriously, I don't get upset like the OP but I think it is just wrong for them to do that. Advertising in this world is just out of control. I bought the device, why should they be allow to throw my crap down my throat.

Remember when cable was promoted at the commercial free way to watch television? No one complained and now look at it. Went from 0 to 3 minute breaks to now 5+ and more frequent.

SMS was dirt cheap, as it should be since there is no overhead or cost to the operator. But look at it now because every one just says "oh deal with it". Stop telling people to just deal with it

Again, it doesn't bother me as much, but people need to voice their opinion against forcing things on you and allow you to decide on your own. But it's funny how MS is fined for IE and they have to offer other browsers now, but they can throw BING here and not be required to do the same for others. What's to stop them from forcing a commercial on to your device -- it's been talked about many times in the past.
    Get over it.
    Seriously, and you anal people get too worked up over nothing. I suppose Google is forcing commercials down the iPhone users' throats by having a Google app when the browser has the same thing? Google really crossed a ******* line by releasing an entire phone based around it, didn't they?
    11-01-09 02:31 PM
    It annoys the isht out of me too, mostly because it farks with my brain. I get really weirded out when my icons aren't where I put them and when Vzw pushes that isht it messes up my icon arrangement and then I get confused until I find the little bastaards and put them in the trash folder. I now have 14 unwanted items in there I think...

11-01-09 02:38 PM
    Hiding them is not the point. The point is that VZW pushing craps like BING, VCast Music, VCast Video, etc. It would be more thoughtful of them if they just add those optional apps in Application Center rather than pushing those stupid icons into the home screen. Those are optional apps.

When it comes to me hiding them; I created a folder with a name "Junk" and moved all of the so-called VZW pushed icons into that folder and HID the "Junk" folder for once. So, everytime a new icon is pushed into my home screen, I immediately move it to my hidden "Junk" folder.

VZW is just about to be a pain in my @$$!
    They're just shortcuts. If they push them, I probably wouldn't even know those apps existed. And I don't even have App Center installed..
    11-01-09 03:13 PM

They're not forcing you to install it.
    11-01-09 03:14 PM
    It annoys the isht out of me too, mostly because it farks with my brain. I get really weirded out when my icons aren't where I put them and when Vzw pushes that isht it messes up my icon arrangement and then I get confused until I find the little bastaards and put them in the trash folder. I now have 14 unwanted items in there I think...

I have 16 unwanted items in my Junk folder; 12 pushed items and 4 non-deletable items (such as Voice Note Recorder, Voice Dialing, Music and Phone while those features are not suitable for me because I'm deaf). Only the 3 out of 15 PUSHED items that I approve are AIM, Facebook and My Verizon and the rest are JUNK!
    11-01-09 03:23 PM
    Hey I think it's annoying they do this, but I refused to get worked up by it. If you do then in a way they win.

11-01-09 03:26 PM
    the only reason i even clicked this thread is the title. lol.
    11-01-09 03:31 PM
    They're just shortcuts. If they push them, I probably wouldn't even know those apps existed. And I don't even have App Center installed..
    I understand your point. I guess this thread is for those who have the need to fend out their frustrations, like myself. The some of us are picky and some are not.

The whole point to this is why are those annoying icons being pushed while we have the option to download the apps when the App Center exists? If you had chosen to have an App Center installed, you will probably think differently. So, I guess pushed shortcuts don't bother you as much as they bother others that have App Center installed.

App Center + pushed shortcuts to download apps = nonsense.
    Last edited by Dragoneer; 11-01-09 at 03:38 PM.
    11-01-09 03:32 PM
    I hate the fact that I pay the highest rate as a verizon customer at least they can do is stop this mess, if there is an app we want we will purchase it. I am about to go over to at&t just to get crap on my phone at a cheaper rate.
    11-01-09 03:37 PM
    So I'm mad right now, I rebooted to find BING along with a new vcast video icon on my homescreen. As if that wasn't enough, clicking on em only gives you a 502 bad gateway error!

VZW if you're going to harass us with bullshyte like bing at least make sure it works first!

Does vcast cost anything extra?

11-01-09 03:45 PM
    It is in the carrier TOS you signed when you initiated the contract. You don't want it on your device; get a land line and drop the cellular.

11-01-09 03:56 PM
    I have 16 unwanted items in my Junk folder; 12 pushed items and 4 non-deletable items (such as Voice Note Recorder, Voice Dialing, Music and Phone while those features are not suitable for me because I'm deaf). Only the 3 out of 15 PUSHED items that I approve are AIM, Facebook and My Verizon and the rest are JUNK!
    15 pushed items? what?
    11-01-09 04:03 PM
    15 pushed items? what?
    Within those 15 pushed items are the following:

1) AIM
    2) Google Talk
    3) Windows Live Messenger
    4) Yahoo! Messenger
    5) Flickr
    6) Capture It
    7) Slacker Radio
    8) VzwTones
    9) Facebook
    10) YouTube
    11) VCast Song ID
    12) VCast Videos
    13) Bing
    14) Visual Voice Mail
    15) My Verizon
    11-01-09 04:40 PM
    15 pushed items? what?
    And I would install YouTube if CC (closed captioning) is supported. Unfortunately, it's not supported (yet).
    11-01-09 04:55 PM
    Well i actually downloaded and tried the Pushed Bing...and now I am deleting and hiding. Google FTW!!!
    11-01-09 07:06 PM
    I can't get them to download, any of them. I also get the 502 gateway error. Anyone know how to solve this?
    11-01-09 07:23 PM
    Do you have to pay for vcast

11-01-09 08:14 PM
    You have to pay for VCAST. Not worth it. Also, why are they pushing apps that don't work?
    11-01-09 08:34 PM
    I was mildly irritated at the pushed icons. But irritation turned to amusement when I discovered the links were broken. Someone's going to have a rough Monday.

I have a folder called Garbage that has more than just pushed icons in it.
    11-01-09 08:36 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD