My bill cycle closed on 12/1. I ordered a replacement phone for hardware/battery issues on 12/3. I check my balance today and there is a charge for 249.00 for the replacement phone. I am not very happy about this. The phone isn't even set to ship out until 12/15. Why are they billing me before the phone even ships out? Worse yet I ordered the replacement phone after the billing cycle even ended, shouldn't it be on the following bill. I paid upfront for my original phone and I do not intend on paying the amount owed. Has anyone else been charged for replacement phone???
    12-05-08 09:45 AM
    according to the CS rep they dont bill u until the unit is shipped id call...
    12-05-08 09:46 AM
    They will credit you back once you return the defective unit. Lots of companies do this for what they call an 'advanced replacement'.

If you had sent it back to them first before them shipping you a new one, there would be no charge.
    12-05-08 09:48 AM
    It's called collateral. You'll get recredited once you send back your broken phone.

Surprised your CS rep didn't mention it, mine did.
    12-05-08 09:48 AM
    The rep that placed the order for me never mentioned that I would get charged. Is it legal for them to bill my account almost 2 weeks BEFORE the phone is supposed to be sent out. I could almost understand if the phone had been shipped, but I don't have any confirmation except for an order number...
    12-05-08 09:52 AM
    I would simply not pay that portion of the bill -- and tell CS to put a note on your account to that effect, then return the old phone as soon as the replacement lands. It shouldn't be a big deal. Now, if they had charged your credit card ...
    12-05-08 10:01 AM
    well, call them and ask. They have better access to your account than we do and can tell you if it shipped and why they are charging it now. Most likely the order is now being processed and may ship today or tomorrow.
    12-05-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD