serves you right for signing a contract you have no intention of fufilling. Don't be a cheapskate and just buy the phone full retail next time
    Lol. Harsh. Seriously tho. It's not worth it at all. The phone retails for $499.99 at Verizon wireless stores. This is the first time I have heard of someone doing this just to save a few bucks. If you wanted the phone this bad, might as well just keep the Verizon contract. On the other hand if you know someone who is willing to take over the contract, then you are in luck. They would need a phone, but I am sure they could get one for less than $500.
    Hope this helps man. And good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 08:29 PM
    The lowest plan is $39.99 for 450 min plus the data (web/email) $29.99
    total of $60.00 plus taxes.

the best thing to do is cancel paying the eraly termination fee of $175 of cancel you t-mobile line...
    To be honest, I think those are very reasonable rates, especially the unlimited Internet access for 30 bucks. I dont work for Verizon, but from what I've seen, they have a fairly liberal "employee discount" program. I would recommend checking it out on their web page. Every bit helps!!
    01-05-09 08:29 PM
    Sorry this happened to you, have you managed to get anything sorted out?
    01-05-09 08:33 PM
    In addition, if u cancel inside 30 days & don't return the equipment, u are billed for the full retail value of the equipment too.

If you cancel within 30 days and don't return the phone all you pay is the bill and termination fee. The termination fee is what they use to make back some of the cost of the phone. If you cancel in 30 days all you pay for is the partial bill, or taxes if you port your number.

01-05-09 08:36 PM
    The best way out would have been to cancel the very first day. Then you would have only been charged the pro-rated amount for one day plus the activation fee.

This my friends is why we don't buy from third party. Also go corporate store.
    01-05-09 08:38 PM
    The lowest plan is $39.99 for 450 min plus the data (web/email) $29.99
    total of $60.00 plus taxes.

the best thing to do is cancel paying the eraly termination fee of $175 of cancel you t-mobile line...
    That would be $70 plus tax = ~ $81. Then there is $35 activation fee, partial month, etc. So it is fair to say that first bill is atleast $150. This all depends on what the bill cycle is, but that's a good guess.

01-05-09 08:48 PM
    This may be up for debate, but some non corporate stores will also charge you a fee if you cancel before 180 of the contract. I know that amazon and a few indirect kiosks in my areas as well. Any takes on this?

01-05-09 08:54 PM
    I WORK FOR VZW... VZW>TMOBILE,ATT,SprinT....why not just cancel your stupid tmobile phone?
    01-05-09 08:54 PM
    I WORK FOR VZW... VZW>TMOBILE,ATT,SprinT....why not just cancel your stupid tmobile phone?
    Haha, my thoughts exactly. T-Mobile doesn't work anywhere in my area.
    01-05-09 08:57 PM
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!! Verizon is the best!!
    01-05-09 09:00 PM
    I think you should hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Pay what is expected because you did sign a contract and should hold up to the end of your responsibility. Afterwards take it as a lesson learned that you can't always get what you want, in the way you feel you should get it. Some people will make you think that you can get over, but life doesn't work that way. Karma has a weird way of coming back and biting you in that ****.
    01-05-09 09:01 PM
    LOL I was thinking the same thing. I know a few people with Tmobile and they all say the coverage is really hit and miss.
    01-05-09 09:02 PM
    Damn guys, you show no mercy. Lol. Who doesn't try to save a buck wherever and whenever they can? It just so happenned that it backfired.
    I don't have a problem with trying to save a buck at all. However, I do know there is a big difference between thrift and fraud, and I don't know too many folks having to pay extra money because of someone elses thrift.

01-05-09 09:03 PM
    $200+tax=approximately $215+$175 ETF=$390+cell bill. He's pretty much paying close to retail price of the phone. I would of just paid the full price of the phone and not have to go through all this bull.
    retail would have been best
    01-05-09 09:05 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD