the camera by far.. it is so slow that it is virtually unusable..
    12-17-08 08:20 PM
    Its a nice phone, but I dont know if Ill be able to past these 4 things

1) Terrible calendar app. Hard to enter, hard to do quick edits like moving to another day, not enough config options, and tasks dont show on the day that they should

2) so far all 3 videos Ive copied will not play (mp4, avi) - even tried the convert app that comes with DM, which took 2 hours to convert a 30 min video, and it still wouldnt play.

3) takes more key strokes than my current smartphone to do everything

4) camera probs, video cam probs, browser opens slowly, then always has to be enlarged 2 or 3 times before its readable, it took me a full minute to get a page opened, and enlarged today.
    Last edited by wmscottmc; 12-17-08 at 08:27 PM.
    12-17-08 08:21 PM
    Red key is loose, feels like its gona fall off. Camera lag is a bit annoying too.
    12-17-08 08:24 PM
    My biggest ***** is the charging cradle I purchased didn't come with a cord. Second is having to buy all new USB cords. Device itself I'm patient for the upgrades.
    12-17-08 08:33 PM
    my issue is with the volume of ringtones. The storm has an awesome loud speaker (for a phone) built in why cant i crank my ringtones up to hear em over a diesel engine?
    12-17-08 08:38 PM
    Many of your same gripes:

loose red key (not that annoying)

lag (although it doesn't happen much, when it does happen, it's usually at a time when you really need to use the phone)

slow phone app, especially the lag when first answering the call (although I noticed the same problem on my curve 8330 after I upgraded it to 4.5, but since there hasn't been an upgrade to 4.5, I assume this still hasn't been fixed on the curve either)

memory leaks

disappearing keyboard

wonky media player (when adjusting the volume, sometimes the music will either just stop or skip to the next song, may still hold on to my ipod touch)

terrible mac support

I think that's it for now. Some of these may be resolved by software updates... but I think the Storm is seriously underpowered hardware wise... oh well.
    12-17-08 08:38 PM
    Lag, especially when answering calls and the interface freezes up for a few seconds.

I think another OS update would help, considering trying .76 (I currently have the leaked .75). Is there a serious difference?

Also, lack of Mac. support. Would make moving my music out of iTunes and on to the phone much easier
    12-17-08 08:40 PM
    1) The whole phone app itself is so laggy. I hit the green button and it takes me like 4 seconds for it to pop up. This happens when no other applications are open, and when opening other applications is quite fast.

2) Overall slowness of the OS.

3) Memory leak. Down from 50 to like 36 in half a day....

4) Slow camera. Beautiful pictures, but way too slow.

5) random reboots (less frequent lately)

6) Sometimes when I turn off the phone (like, hold the red key or hit the turn off button on the screen) it does a whole reset.

Other than that I really have no gripes. I can safely say I've never hit mute and/or speakerphone with my cheek.
    12-17-08 08:52 PM
    All of a sudden out of the blue today, I can not get the landscape mode to work for text messaging. It will go into landscape for everything else, just not text
    12-17-08 09:06 PM
    I've had zero random reboots, no noticeable lag (save some slow moving at first after manual reset). I'm running .75, I've also deleted a lot of apps I don't use (VZN, VV BB messenger, etc)

My main complaint is not being able to sync emails to Outlook with BIS (wireless or USB) and the phone part of the phone isn't terribly easy to use. (Accidental muting, too many buttons to dial or send SMS, screen rotates when trying to answer phone). Also, the lock/unlock button is awkward to use with one hand, slide to unlock would be better.
    12-17-08 09:12 PM
    My biggest ***** is the charging cradle I purchased didn't come with a cord. Second is having to buy all new USB cords. Device itself I'm patient for the upgrades.
    I saw that they sell an adapter for like $9 to go from the standard mini-USB to this new tiny one...if that helps. It's what I plan to get instead of shelling out the $30 for new ones...
    12-17-08 09:29 PM
    I've had zero random reboots, no noticeable lag (save some slow moving at first after manual reset). I'm running .75, I've also deleted a lot of apps I don't use (VZN, VV BB messenger, etc)

My main complaint is not being able to sync emails to Outlook with BIS (wireless or USB) and the phone part of the phone isn't terribly easy to use. (Accidental muting, too many buttons to dial or send SMS, screen rotates when trying to answer phone). Also, the lock/unlock button is awkward to use with one hand, slide to unlock would be better.
    From what I understand, you cannot sync emails to Outlook on ANY of the BlackBerry models, so that's not a specific "defect" or "issue" with the Storm, itself...rather an issue that RIM needs to work on. I wish it worked that way as well, since I use POP access in Outlook for my yahoo.
    12-17-08 09:30 PM
    I have a couple of things first is that it freezes on me when texting or emailling and that dang screen does not know how your holding it and that gets frustrating but I called verizon today and get a new one Friday so we'll see how that holds up.
    12-17-08 09:53 PM
    Anyone notice that while using the phone in landscape mode the back light doesn't auto dim like in porttrait?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:07 PM
    I have a couple of things first is that it freezes on me when texting or emailling and that dang screen does not know how your holding it and that gets frustrating but I called verizon today and get a new one Friday so we'll see how that holds up.
    I've had this device less than 12 hours, but I watched some tutorials on eBay that have proved to be quite helpful. As for the screen orientation, I have found that when you flip it landscape and it doesn't respond, if you tilt the top of the device toward you (again, now it's landscape - so sideways), the orientation changes immediately. Hope that helps!
    12-17-08 10:17 PM
    Yep, I've noticed that it doesn't dim on landscape...
    12-17-08 10:20 PM
    All of a sudden out of the blue today, I can not get the landscape mode to work for text messaging. It will go into landscape for everything else, just not text
    Did you try to reset the device *remove battery?
    12-17-08 10:21 PM
    Did you purchase the landscape-type charging cradle?
    12-17-08 10:25 PM
    Did you purchase the landscape-type charging cradle?
    Yes I did purchase it. It doesn't come with a power cord. All you get is the cradle.
    01-03-09 07:36 PM
    biggest issues for me is that sometimes i type faster than it can keep up with...

occasionally random reboots-and we all know how long it takes one of these things to fully boot up after verifying everything

also, texting or viewing the browser if i lean forward or shift slightly it will turn into the other mode and is frustrating to get back to the original mode you had it in--especially humorous and frustrating when you have had a few drinks....

just my 2 cents
    01-03-09 08:16 PM
    Random Reboots!!!
    01-03-09 08:26 PM
    1. Battery pulls
    2. It takes forever to get a complete charge(but good life when it does)
    3. Getting the white screen with app error causing me to do #1 as well.
    4. Slow inaccurate keys when emailing.

Otherwise I'm good even though I may be going on my 5th.
    I took it to Verizon today and they said they would exchange for a new one since my buttons are really loose, but I didn't want to go through any more Pins and the pain in the *** it is to deal with 3rd party software trying to explain to them I need a new key for the software, they think I'm pirating the software; I swear.
    01-03-09 08:42 PM
    only issues Ive had are my ringer turned off randomly and had to do a battery pull to get it back. As well, sometimes when I put my phone on/in the sleeve and it goes into sleep mode, when it comes out of sleep mode, i have open emails. weird eh!
    01-03-09 08:48 PM
    Biggest issue for me is the damn acclimator. Its not just that its slow, which I could deal with most of the time. Its that the phone actually seems to get confused was mode its being held in. I hold it in portrait and it just stays in landscape. I have to rotate it 360 degrees to get it back on point. It's very annoying.
    Mines is the same way...sometimes in the middle of texting in landscape it will turn to portrait mode..
    01-03-09 08:49 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD