How can i make my ringtone a song from my itunes library? or is it not possible?
    11-28-08 08:03 PM
    I use Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker It is real easy to use and you can select the exact part of the song that you want as the ringtone.
    11-28-08 08:04 PM
    How can i make my ringtone a song from my itunes library? or is it not possible?
    PandasRHappy,

I use Myxer - Download Ringtones and More.

On the front page, look for the option to Make A Ringtone For Your Own Phone (in green letters).

Under that there is a button marked "Choose a File". Select that to navigate to your music file and select the song you want. IT CANNOT BE A DRM PROTECTED FILE.

Select "Upload"

Once your file uploads, use the selection tools to pick the part of the song you want. I tend to use the Start Time and Length options to get what I want. You'll have to play with this for a little while to get what you want.

Select "Send to Phone"

Under option 1 select "Download Ringtone"

iTunes should import the ringtone and play it (it is still an mp3 at this point, it just a very short one)

Since iTunes has it now, you can find where the file resides on your computer and drag it directly to your ringtone folder when your BB is mounted.

As a means of managing my ringtones, I label the Genera category (in iTunes) as Ringtone and use a Smart Folder to keep them all together.

I realize this sounds convoluted and it takes a bit of getting used to at first. However, I can crank out about 10 - 15 ringtones in a half hour now that I'm used to it. I just wait until I need some new ones and do a bunch at one time. In fact, I made a ringtone while I was typing this so I could make sure I documented all the steps correctly. The whole process, including typing this response, was about 10 minutes.

Good luck. Ask if you have questions. Let me know if you like it.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by LongshotEOD; 11-28-08 at 10:50 PM.
    11-28-08 10:47 PM
    I'm using Nero 9 to chop my MP3's up into ringtones (since I already had it). Then I save the short versions into a blackberry ringtone folder that I created on my computer HD. Then, as mentioned above I simply drag them to the ringtone folder on the phone when I'm ready and the phone is connected.
    11-29-08 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD