Thanks to the iPhone for dropping your price on a toy. That paved the way for a powerhouse we call the STORM! For if you didn't drop your price who knows what we have to pay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 07:58 AM
    Yup thanks Steve and the rest of the gang at apple (even though I'll never own an iPhone).

11-13-08 08:00 AM
    Me neither. It's a toy.

11-13-08 08:01 AM
    I've owned the original iphone, for 2 breif months inbetween my 9 years at Verizon. I loved the phone, everything it did it did great. It was ATT that did and will continue to truely hinder it in my eyes atleast. The day if it ever comes to Verizon I'm sure I'd give it a try again. That being said I will thank the iphone, for helping kickstart the Storm process. I've heard the Storm was thought of before the iphone release, but I'm sure the release of the iphone really kicked it into gear and for that I am thankful
    11-13-08 08:09 AM
    The guy next to me at work has the latest iPhone. He was excited about it for about 3 days, then he said its just a phone. This is true to a point. He doesnt use it for any type of business application.

We went to a baseball game. When leaving, traffic was crazy so he tried to get us out of it by using the map GPS deal, we were out of traffic before he could figure anything out. Kind of funny.
    11-13-08 08:16 AM
    I know the iPhone vs. Blackberry debate will continue, but I don't think the iPhone is just a toy and BB's are just serious business tools. BB's were made for business and have been around longer.

What the iPhone did for RIM is prove that people would accept a touch screen device. In fact, after my trackball needed cleaning on my curve, the thought of a device without one seems appealing.

I still think that the email service for the BB's is its strength and web browsing is its weakness. I doubt enough sites will ever be optimized for mobile devices. And if Apple and Verizon ever get together, there could be a lot more switchers to iPhones.
    11-13-08 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD