• Yes, if it had Surepress

19 43.18%
  • Maybe

6 13.64%
  • Want it but RIM Ain't building it EVER

4 9.09%
  • No Definitely not

1 2.27%
    I love Cell phones in fact I have had just about every smartphone on Verizon over the past two years (Yeah big waste of money, I know, but I'm always imagining that there is this Perfect phone). Still don't know if it exist but with the recent influx of Super Screen Super Phones (DROID X Sexy).....Would anyone be interested in a 4.3" Screen Berry (Love Surepress but wouldn't work here). "The Blackberry Massive"

Anyone hear any rumors of a bigger device
    Last edited by nevilsdn; 06-17-10 at 05:22 PM.
    06-17-10 05:12 PM
    I'd like to see one without SurePress. A friend of mine has an S2 and when we swapped phones for a bit, I wasn't really liking the SurePress too much. I prefer a "clickless", capacitive touchscreen.
    06-17-10 05:34 PM
    I'd like to see one without SurePress. A friend of mine has an S2 and when we swapped phones for a bit, I wasn't really liking the SurePress too much. I prefer a "clickless", capacitive touchscreen.
    I bet you'd love a Jesus phone or Android.
    06-17-10 05:42 PM
    I love surepress, but I would really love a big honkin', in your face, Blackberry Storm. I've been tempted and tried the others, man but I justy like what Berry offers now give me the BIG obnoxious screen
    06-17-10 05:45 PM
    I love surepress, but I would really love a big honkin', in your face, Blackberry Storm. I've been tempted and tried the others, man but I justy like what Berry offers now give me the BIG obnoxious screen
    Would 4.3" float your boat? There's lots of chatter today on line about the Droid X. Some say it's a 4.3 with an HD screen and others say it's just 854x480...
    06-17-10 05:47 PM
    I like the 4.3, I have larger sized hands (BBall Grippers). Love the Droid X and it's 854x480 (SEXY Phone). I would love a Blackberry with the same dimensions, maybe a little smaller.
    06-17-10 05:53 PM
    I like the 4.3, I have larger sized hands (BBall Grippers). Love the Droid X and it's 854x480 (SEXY Phone). I would love a Blackberry with the same dimensions, maybe a little smaller.
    I too, think a larger version would be popular with a segment of Storm users. I doubt my wife would like it, as she's about 5' 2", but I presume I'd probably opt for the larger one unless the overall size is just ridiculous. (oh, but I wouldn't want it if battery life is greatly diminished--I imagine a larger battery would be necessary to avoid shorter life)
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-17-10 at 06:00 PM.
    06-17-10 05:58 PM
    Yeah, should added that - I want to receive at minimum Storm 2 battery Life.

Hoping it comes quick? I'm guessing no one knows of any secret devices or rumors of devices with a larger screen.
    06-17-10 06:15 PM
    I'm giving it a maybe here. I wouldn't be without SurePress on my S2; however I notice I like it because I use my thumbs to type, go through menus, etc. On bigger touchscreens where I can use mu fingertips it actually doesn't bother me not having SurePress. Conversely I don't like using my S2 with my fingertips either, although it does happen.
    06-17-10 06:42 PM
    Part of me says, bring it on!!!

...and another part of me says, would that start to take up too much room in my pocket?

A friend of mine at work just got an EVO, and I have to admit the large screen looks pretty sharp, but to be 100% honest, my first thought was "that might be a bit awkward to carry in my pocket"
    06-17-10 07:49 PM
    Part of me says, bring it on!!!

...and another part of me says, would that start to take up too much room in my pocket?

A friend of mine at work just got an EVO, and I have to admit the large screen looks pretty sharp, but to be 100% honest, my first thought was "that might be a bit awkward to carry in my pocket"
    Bring it on, I'll get a bigger pocket!
    06-17-10 09:28 PM
    Bring it on, I'll get a bigger pocket!
    Bring on the beauty and the HIGH RES Screen (p-p-p-please RIM). I promise I won't complain I'll just take the suggestion and buy bigger pants.
    06-17-10 10:07 PM
    Large screen devices dont always appeal to me. The larger the screen the more it drains the battery, the more we hear people complain about it because they dont make up for it and have a larger battery in the device, often its smaller then a smaller screen device.

Personally the screen on my 9650 does the purpose very well for me.
    06-17-10 10:11 PM
    I would love the bigger screen its y I got both storms and lookin at the droid X schematics I think RIM could match that with out to much difficulty .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:37 PM
    I understand that you would never be able to have a screen that size (4.3") with SurePress simply because of overall size restrictions. If it ended up having a screen that large, and had SurePress, it would be close to tablet size LOL.

Still, I could see something coming out that is a bit larger than the Storm 2 size with SurePress. The big obstacle is going to be battery life. We all know how important RIM thinks that is.
    06-17-10 11:26 PM
    Nagh. A bigger screen makes the device far more difficult to use one-handed. Very rarely do I use my Storm with both hands. The screen size and resolution is perfect for me. I also do not mind the resulting battery life with a discharge rate of 3% an hour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 02:11 AM
    I would like a larger screen, but not a huge screen. Basically, the same width it is now, but longer so it's a 16:9 aspect ration. That would pretty much fit within the same size casing it has now, which I think is a great size. They'd just have to get rid of some wasted space! As for SurePress, I would prefer that, but some other form of feedback might be OK with me too.
    06-18-10 03:06 AM
    I would love one as long as the screen was high resolution. I would also like to see one without SurePress in order for it to be thin!

I am torn on SurePress with Storm2. I love the phone, and there are things I really like about SurePress. However, the noise while in meetings and typing gives me away every time. At times I also feel like it might be fragile, especially given the issues I have had with screens. Ultimately, I type great on an iPhone (aka Jesus Phone by Dave) and on my Storm2. I think I am better on the Storm2, but I would give up SurePress for 20% less thickness of the phone.
    06-18-10 07:13 AM
    I would love one as long as the screen was high resolution. I would also like to see one without SurePress in order for it to be thin!

I am torn on SurePress with Storm2. I love the phone, and there are things I really like about SurePress. However, the noise while in meetings and typing gives me away every time. At times I also feel like it might be fragile, especially given the issues I have had with screens. Ultimately, I type great on an iPhone (aka Jesus Phone by Dave) and on my Storm2. I think I am better on the Storm2, but I would give up SurePress for 20% less thickness of the phone.
    FYI, the iPhone is known as the Jesus phone by a sizable portion of on line posters. I don't get credit for coming up with that moniker.
    06-18-10 08:52 AM
    I like the Surepress, and really I'm not sure the bigger screen would do much for anything except watching vids. I don't do that much on my phone, although I do have 25 full length movies on my sd card, lol

I would prefer they slim it down as is without losing any functions or battery life. Don't need to watch HD on my phone, will save that for my 65" plasma at home.
    06-18-10 10:39 AM
    FYI, the iPhone is known as the Jesus phone by a sizable portion of on line posters. I don't get credit for coming up with that moniker.
    I like the term and laugh whenever I see it!

I like the Surepress, and really I'm not sure the bigger screen would do much for anything except watching vids. I don't do that much on my phone, although I do have 25 full length movies on my sd card, lol

I would prefer they slim it down as is without losing any functions or battery life. Don't need to watch HD on my phone, will save that for my 65" plasma at home.
    I think the bigger screen would be better for watching vids, web browsing and viewing documents that I get emailed. I have heard that web browsing on the EVO 4G is a glorious experience in terms of readability.
    06-18-10 10:59 AM
    I like the term and laugh whenever I see it!

I think the bigger screen would be better for watching vids, web browsing and viewing documents that I get emailed. I have heard that web browsing on the EVO 4G is a glorious experience in terms of readability.

I suppose the web experience would be better as well. I don't browse much but I do some online banking and googling.
    06-18-10 11:04 AM
    The bigger screen would be great for READING anything - web browsing, as well as a book, Bible, article, emails, etc. After all, what good is having email sent to your phone if you strain to read it?
    06-18-10 11:18 AM
    The bigger screen would be great for READING anything - web browsing, as well as a book, Bible, article, emails, etc. After all, what good is having email sent to your phone if you strain to read it?
    Uh, Kindle or iPad?
    06-18-10 11:26 AM
    Uh, Kindle or iPad?
    I want first and foremost a PHONE, but don't add web browsing and email capabilities if you don't expect us to use it or read them, besides I don't have a pocket that big!

Those are both great products, but another thing to carry around and pay for (my funds are limited).
    06-18-10 11:59 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD