I have been using this release for two days now and my calls have been coming in fine as far as I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have had this same problem with basic Verizon phones Razrs lg 8300 ! I don't think its data related.in my case the write a trouble ticket pass it on to tech support.TS says everything is fine its the handset One time they blamed it my phone number ??? What is wrong with the network ?

02-27-09 04:00 PM
    Sorry gus n my case its definitely os related. I've used .75 a day no problems switched back to .109 at 4 and it happened just now......full service
    02-27-09 04:22 PM
    I also haven't had any problems with missed phone calls. I too doubt that this is OS related. .109 is fantastic all around and well worth upgrading.
    Think about it for a moment, how can you say you do not have the problem, how are you sure people are not trying to call you. It is the same logic as "send out an email telling everyone that the email is down".
    I get dozens of phone calls a day, and since upgrading to .109 I have heard from several people "why don't you answer your phone?"
    02-27-09 04:34 PM
    Sorry gus n my case its definitely os related. I've used .75 a day no problems switched back to .109 at 4 and it happened just now......full service
    And you did *228 AND registered under host routing or whatever? Not saying its impossible but 99% sure its not the os. Did you mess with hybrids b4 this? Maybe your os folder on your comp has old files in it or its corrupt? You should try a clean install from another computer.

02-27-09 04:42 PM
    Think about it for a moment, how can you say you do not have the problem, how are you sure people are not trying to call you. It is the same logic as "send out an email telling everyone that the email is down".
    I get dozens of phone calls a day, and since upgrading to .109 I have heard from several people "why don't you answer your phone?"
    I can safely say I know I haven't missed any calls. How do I know? I don't get that many, flat on out. My wife, my brother, and maybe a business or two call me on a regular basis. I've talked with all of them and nobody has mentioned my not answering. And the times I didn't answer I saw the call properly logged.

Now I'm not saying this problem isn't OS related, it could be. But just because you have the problem doesn't mean everybody is going to have an issue. As I understand it several factors can be involved in adding a new OS which is why some people had the mms issue with .103 while others didn't.

I say to all those having a problem roll back. It's beta and stuff happens.
    02-27-09 04:51 PM
    And you did *228 AND registered under host routing or whatever? Not saying its impossible but 99% sure its not the os. Did you mess with hybrids b4 this? Maybe your os folder on your comp has old files in it or its corrupt? You should try a clean install from another computer.

thanks for the advice but I'm not new to the os scene. I know my ins and outs. I've wiped my phone, I've deleted the vendor file, I've done the *228 thing which is a mental boost and nothing more...

I promise, it is 100% my OS. I've done enough tests to know that when .109 is installed on my phone I definitely get missed calls. I don't know why you guys are not believing this, It makes no difference to me....I've had now 3 people in the past 48 hours tell me to start picking up my phone.
    02-27-09 06:34 PM
    I have not experience any missed calls either...didnt know if it mattered but i did *228 after the upgrade.....i have received many calls with no one sying they couldnt reach me
    02-27-09 06:55 PM
    Where are you people having these problems located? If you're in a market that's being divested due to the VZW/Alltel merger, there's probably some goofyness happening with the network in that area. Basically, VZW is dropping their side of things and moving to Alltel's towers/radios in those areas. During this transitional period, I have no doubt that there will be some provisioning issues to come.
    02-27-09 07:13 PM
    I have not had this problem although it's disturbing to hear that it is OS related. I find it hard to beleive that it is OS related. Anyway I havent had the issue...yet.
    02-27-09 07:48 PM
    Thanks for reporting back.

02-28-09 08:04 AM
    I think most guys that been married more than 10yrs would like this feature on there phone.When they got home from work,they just say "My phone never rang Dear"
    02-28-09 08:14 AM
    I been on 109 for about a week,dont have that problem.I cant shut off the alerts when I get a email or text
    02-28-09 08:16 AM
    Somebody was telling in the other thread, upgrade to ver .109 and i wouldn't be sorry...

Well it looks some others already are...

Glad i read this before attempting this myself...

AJ
    02-28-09 08:25 AM
    Ya,there's afew bugs.I think all of the os's have bugs .It's just what are you willing to put up with.109 isnt bad.I think I"ll keep it...............for now
    02-28-09 08:28 AM
    Well, look it's a great OS but as you use it for a few days you notice all the things wrong with it and there are quite a few problems that I didn't have with .103. One very big one being this call issue. Sorry to disappoint but it's not like we don't expect another leak very soon.
    02-28-09 11:08 PM
    I think most guys that been married more than 10yrs would like this feature on there phone.When they got home from work,they just say "My phone never rang Dear"
    LOl, My luck my phone works great. I get all my calls.
    02-28-09 11:13 PM
    Never have had it happen on my storm... .109 or earlier.

Had it happen multiple times on my old phones though....just about all of my old phones.
    03-01-09 12:28 AM
    *228 .. see if that helps
    Just a clarification:

*22890 Send is the same as *228 and option 1 (it's just quicker with no waiting or menu)

*22899 Send does a data network reset so if you're ever having trouble with your internet service this is the best one to do.

And I recommend you do a *22890 send reprogram on your phone once a month, but especially after any OS update. IT basically takes your number off of the network and puts it back on so if there is any updates (for cell sites ect).. you get them!

*228 option 2 is just for a cell site tower update and option 3 lets you activate any old phone on your number for free at home.
    03-01-09 12:34 AM
    Wow you have a GF who freaks when you don't pick up the phone too?!?!?!? Fwew, thought I was the only one.
    03-01-09 01:40 AM
    I agree, it could be considered a "feature", however I use the phone for work. I thought Blackberry was supposed to be for business, the Storm has never proven itself to be anything above average for business, and with .109 it is unacceptable. So back to .75, an jesus is it slow and buggy.
    Last edited by RCCollins; 03-01-09 at 11:45 AM.
    03-01-09 11:39 AM
    There is an obvious bug, "I can not receive data and get a phone call" is not the problem, so your test proves nothing. I have missed a dozen or so calls now.
    I have my phone tethered and am still able to receive calls. Sounds like it's an issue with your device.
    03-01-09 12:26 PM
    I have my phone tethered and am still able to receive calls. Sounds like it's an issue with your device.
    Why not read the thread? Then make a relevant comment.
    03-01-09 12:41 PM
    the only problem i had with .109 thread is that i cant forward mms messages
    03-01-09 12:57 PM
    Happened to me once in the last few days... (I always wipe and cleanly install new OSs) I did *228 opt. 1 and then *228 opt. 2 and haven't had a problem since.

It was working fine, then got a random voicemail, then it was working fine... still did the *228 options anyways because they are basic troubleshooting steps when you're not receiving calls or dropping calls.
    Last edited by thornem1; 03-01-09 at 02:53 PM.
    03-01-09 02:47 PM
    the only problem i had with .109 thread is that i cant forward mms messages
    Search the forums on how to replace your .109 net_rim_bb_mms.cod with the .86 mms.cod and you'll get your MMS forwarding operational. CrackUtil is a great app to get this done with
    03-01-09 02:52 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD