So up until yesterday I thought everything was perfect. I started a new thread on this because it's a really big problem.

I get into my girlfriends house and she was pissed, said she called me 4 times and it rang asking why I ignored my calls. Showed her my phone, no missed calls. She shows me her phone, 4 calls.

I ignore it and move on......thinking maybe I was out of service. (btw, she also has vzw) Friend calls me asking where I've been (with the gf, right upstairs in the same apartment building) because he's been calling. Same thing, no calls.

Now I'm thinking its the OS because I have full service pretty much everywhere in Manhattan and Queens and that's where I was. So, I downgrade to .75 and upgrade with the most recent link of .109 thinking I got the glitched one. Made 5 phone calls from my home phone and only 4 of them went through.
    02-27-09 09:21 AM
    So, it appears at least on my phone that .109 has a huge phone call problem because this does not happen with any other OS and never has happened before.
    02-27-09 09:23 AM
    Wow that's really weird. I haven't had that problem but I guess everyone phone takes th updated
    Os differently. God luck with this I'd also try a search to see if anyone else has this issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:29 AM
    I also had not been receiving phone calls after upgrading to 109. I downgraded back to the 103/106/109 hybrid that has worked best for me, balancing speed, stability, less memory leak (lagging performance when app mem is lower), good battery life, and receiving every phone call.
    02-27-09 09:41 AM
    It happen to me with full signal strength yesterday. My wife call me and sent me a text message and my phone didn't ring and the text came 5 minutes later. First time my phone did not ring sense I have had Verizon.
    02-27-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks for posting this...I was just getting ready to upgrade from .103 (in the process of backing everything up).

Not going to now
    02-27-09 10:02 AM
    Try doing this maybe it will help. Go to your call key pad. And press. ( *228 ). I do this after every leak, haven't had a problem yet.
    02-27-09 10:03 AM
    Happened to me last night... I have a great signal in my house... All of a sudden I had a voicemail... I thought "How did I miss a call?" Checked the logs and I didn't, but I sure had the voicemail...
    *228 .. see if that helps
    well its supposed to compete with the iphone, which also can't make/accept phone calls so it seems to me that its working better than before!
    I updated to .109 last night and I did get a call this morning so we'll see how it pans out.
    02-27-09 10:14 AM
    Try doing this maybe it will help. Go to your call key pad. And press. ( *228 ). I do this after every leak, haven't had a problem yet.
    which option do you do? #1 to program phone or #2 to update roaming capabilities? thanks!
    02-27-09 10:14 AM
    Happened to me last night... I have a great signal in my house... All of a sudden I had a voicemail... I thought "How did I miss a call?" Checked the logs and I didn't, but I sure had the voicemail...
    Slydial?
    02-27-09 10:15 AM
    Just out of curiosity were you send or receiving any data when this happens?
    Such as: Browser. Email. Weather bug update. Twitter loading or updating.

Or anything else data related.

02-27-09 10:15 AM
    I have thip same problem! Glad I'm not the only one

02-27-09 10:16 AM
    Blackberrys are Data and phone. Well to better explain this Blackberrys are Data or phone.

Its kind of like try breathing and drinking at the same time. You can't and there is a small window between switching from drinking and breathing.

When someone calls and can't reach you odds are you were using data.

02-27-09 10:24 AM
    I had the same exact experience just occur right now. Wasn't using the phone or anything, and all of a sudden I get a text message from the fiancee yelling at me to answer the phone. And then I got a voicemail. The phone never rang and there was no missed calls.

I've been running .109 for a while, but this is more than enough to make me switch back...
    02-27-09 10:29 AM
    "Missed" two calles yesterday and another one today, back to .75
    02-27-09 10:36 AM
    which option do you do? #1 to program phone or #2 to update roaming capabilities? thanks!
    run both #1 and #2...
    #1 registers phone with vzw
    #2 updates roaming capabilities, basically updates cell tower info on your phone.
    02-27-09 10:37 AM
    wow! that sucks. i only had that problem on .75 when my sound was on normal. i missed 18 calls to go work on a movie set and make 500 for the day. i was pissed. havent had a problem since. i never ever put it on normal. how long were you running .109 before the issues.
    02-27-09 10:39 AM
    I have that same problem. At first i thought it was the .90 radio file that i was using, but now i see that others are having the problem as well.

I've missed dozens of calls for the past two days with this OS. After keen observation, I've realized that whenever I'm receiving data, no call can come in... and since I'm a power user, i get a lot of missed calls.

I think i might just go back to .75 because i"ve never had this problem before.
    02-27-09 10:42 AM
    I always do *228, option 2 after an upgrade. For most of the missed calls my phone was sitting on my desk and no data that I'm aware of was coming in. I think it's a radio problem with 109, but I have nothing to back that up other than an opinion. I'm back with my 103/106/109 hybrid and no more calls to voicemail. This hybrid has the 103 phone file,
    Last edited by stevealb; 02-27-09 at 10:47 AM.
    02-27-09 10:44 AM
    The problem is worse than I though, I have missed more than a couple calls since upgrading.
    02-27-09 10:45 AM
    Same here ... always do this after an upgrade and haven't had this kind of problem.
    02-27-09 10:45 AM
    I am not sure this is 100% accurate....I just did 3 quick tests and I was actively downloading data (from Google maps, AP News, and the broswer) and I received incoming calls from my work phone. This was on .103

The window would have to be so small it isn't significant which isn't what other people are describing.

Blackberrys are Data and phone. Well to better explain this Blackberrys are Data or phone.

Its kind of like try breathing and drinking at the same time. You can't and there is a small window between switching from drinking and breathing.

When someone calls and can't reach you odds are you were using data.

02-27-09 10:46 AM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD