I have been carrying my Storm in a holster sold by VZW and just discovered a deep gouge in the bottom of the phone right on the bezel. Turns out the "chrome" bezel is just painted plastic. There is a paint chip missing and it's just black plastic underneath. What a bummer. I would have thought on this device they would have used a metal bezel.

Stupid holster. Stupid painted plastic.
    01-08-09 04:41 PM
    Everything's plastic these days. I'm actually surprised that they opted for the metal battery door.

Sorry to hear about your Storm...that would drive me crazy
    01-08-09 04:43 PM
    I hope it doesn't start peeling off like it does on the voyager.
    01-08-09 04:46 PM
    I took off all the paint on mine, it's allll black
    01-08-09 04:47 PM
    Post pics.
    01-08-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah, it's already starting to peel and is scratched to **** because of the plastic holster from VZW. I've never dropped it and opted to put it in a holster instead of my pocket for fear of getting dust under the screen. It's awful and all I can see now when I look at the device. It's like a pretty girl with a booger stuck on her cheek....
    01-08-09 04:56 PM
    Yeah, it's already starting to peel and is scratched to **** because of the plastic holster from VZW. I've never dropped it and opted to put it in a holster instead of my pocket for fear of getting dust under the screen. It's awful and all I can see now when I look at the device. It's like a pretty girl with a booger stuck on her cheek....
    Or a big zit on her chin!
    01-08-09 04:58 PM
    It is actually chrome plated plastic.Chrome is extremly hard so any kind of stress will cause it to crack.It happened on mine I brought it to the store and they gave me a new phone,I would give it a shot
    01-08-09 05:25 PM
    to quote fletch.

Everythings ball bearings these days, cmon guys.
    01-08-09 06:14 PM
    I found out that sad fact a few weeks ago when I noticed it wearing off after a lot of pulls in and out of the holster.

Ordered a new black bezel for that reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:47 AM
    I smell a class action lawsuit......

05-21-09 11:08 AM
    In addition to cheaper manufacturing costs, cellphone manufacturers typically use plastic cases because metal can interfere with reception on modern concealed antenna phones.

You can get away with it if your antenna sticks out the top, but that's too dated for everyone except Nextel customers these days.
    05-21-09 11:44 AM

Can you please post a picture, I want a all black storm.

Thanks
    Last edited by Ronindan; 05-21-09 at 12:06 PM.
    05-21-09 12:04 PM
    I smell a class action lawsuit......

wow, i can't believe you have had your storm for more than a minute and ever thought it was metal... just wow

and law suit? goodness gracious, have fun wasting your time, even the judge will laugh at you.
    05-21-09 12:37 PM
    lol @ thread.
    05-21-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD