I took a piece of adhesive velcro, the soft side and the size of a postage stamp and adhered it to the Back cover so it pushes against the battery when you close it. Works like a champ and stays in place and soft against the battery. But that's just my 2 cents.
    i used this method and i have to say its great!!! thanks for the tip
    05-26-09 09:39 AM
    i used this method and i have to say its great!!! thanks for the tip
    You're quite welcome! I'm sure the Dime tecnique is real effective, even tighter, but to me it seems like too much pressure against the back cover, plus it's not stable when you remove the cover, it can fall out etc. Glad it worked out for you.
    05-26-09 09:43 AM
    Some tipster on this forum listed a solution that works for me: a double-thickness of plastic electrical tape, about 1.5 inches, centered and placed in the middle of the battery door in portrait mode. Made quite a difference and can be removed easily.
    05-26-09 10:08 AM
    I am using a 1" strip of rubber band at the south end of the battery.
    My problem is down by the "end call" key... may try 1/4 turn on the screws... still messing around.
    05-26-09 10:56 AM
    I am using a 1" strip of rubber band at the south end of the battery.
    My problem is down by the "end call" key... may try 1/4 turn on the screws... still messing around.
    Don't mess around with it. Adjustments like the ones in this thread should only be done if the t6 fails to yield results. In my case, as soon as I cracked the screws loose my sim card stopped registering. I had to tighten the screws all the way back in to make the sim work again. T6 is the legitimate adjustment. Shimming shoul only be done after all else fails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 11:18 AM
    Don't mess around with it. Adjustments like the ones in this thread should only be done if the t6 fails to yield results. In my case, as soon as I cracked the screws loose my sim card stopped registering. I had to tighten the screws all the way back in to make the sim work again. T6 is the legitimate adjustment. Shimming shoul only be done after all else fails.

you knew this was coming... T6?
    05-26-09 12:21 PM
    you knew this was coming... T6?
    Lol yup t6.... Adjusting the 2 screws on the back of the phone.... One beside the sim card, the other under the moisture indicator.

05-26-09 02:42 PM
    There is a moisture indicator on the screw? lol mine is on the sidewall in the batt compartment, and another hidden one under the rear housing. The sticker you r referring to I believe is the "if I am broken your warranty is gone" sticker?!
    05-26-09 03:20 PM
    Wowww, so I've semi-noticed the screen click issue. It never really bothered me, I've just dealt with it. I didn't have any dimes on me at work so I went and bought a $0.60 granola bar with a $1 so I could get a dime. Now I don't know what I'm happier about...getting to eat a granola bar or my "new" screen.
    05-27-09 11:43 AM
    Wowww, so I've semi-noticed the screen click issue. It never really bothered me, I've just dealt with it. I didn't have any dimes on me at work so I went and bought a $0.60 granola bar with a $1 so I could get a dime. Now I don't know what I'm happier about...getting to eat a granola bar or my "new" screen.
    Lol you get the best of both worlds

05-27-09 11:51 AM
    There is a moisture indicator on the screw? lol mine is on the sidewall in the batt compartment, and another hidden one under the rear housing. The sticker you r referring to I believe is the "if I am broken your warranty is gone" sticker?!
    Odd... I don't have any sticker inside the battery compartment.
    The one I'm referring to is round, red with a white stripe and border. I, along with many others, was led to believe that was the moisture indicator. Is that not the case? Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but others will nEed to know.

05-27-09 11:57 AM
    wayfr, that is actually the void sticker. =) either way, nobody ever really checks those anyhow. None the less, you SHOULD have a small white square on a sidewall in teh battery housing. That white square turn more and more red, the wetter it gets. The one you r referring to can actually be 'peeled' if yer careful enough, so u can get to the screw underneath... but in all technicalities, it will void your warranty thru RIM if that sticker is damaged/missing/altered.
    (Not like many of us play by all the rules anyhow, right?)
    05-27-09 11:38 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD