it still involves a business card. but instead of cutting it to fit under or even over the battery, i cut it to fit inside the battery door, thereby distributing the shim equally across the phone. after cutting the square to fit in the door, start to install the door back on the phone, but dont try to make the locks click. apply just enough pressure to indent the card where the locks and the media card retainer are. remove the business card then cut out the indentations. if you cut the media card hole exactly or just slightly smaller than the indentation, it will help to hold the business card onto the inside of the battery door, thereby making it so you dont have to line it up every time you need to remove the battery door.
    like i said at first, this worked for me....
    your results may vary.
    05-24-09 07:16 PM
    If you purchase a package of screen protectors, they come with a wipe to clean them and maintain them. I just use the wipe under the batt door instead of a card... the material has more 'give' to it, so it doesn't need to be manipulated at all (Plus it gives me a handy storage spot for my screen wipe.)
    05-24-09 11:36 PM
    We're supposed to maintain the screen protector? Lol I always put mine in standby and wipe the phone on my shirt. Mine didn't come with a cleaning wipe. Sounds like a good idea though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 11:49 PM
    OK well maybe not 'maintain' as it sounds. hahaha... but yes, the softer material helps keep the screen streak free, won't scratch the protector, but also makes a great wedge made from a material that has give as much as it needs, but also a better heat retention ability then... say... paper/fiber materials.
    05-24-09 11:51 PM
    You guys need to be sure you're not grounding out the gold contacts from contacting the battery door.

05-25-09 01:22 AM
    You guys need to be sure you're not grounding out the gold contacts from contacting the battery door.

Yeah guys. Those gold contacts serve a great purpose

05-25-09 01:41 AM
    I'd kinda like to know what they're for. Obviously they're not for a ground. The phone works with the battery door off. Everything works even with the gold contacts covered. I suppose I could put 2 holes through the business card to allow them to contact the door. But for what purpose?

05-25-09 02:14 AM
    to me they seem like they only put even tension against the batt door. Has anyone even taken apart the back side components to verify if they serve any other purpose?! I say, if the phone works without the door, then it will work with a barrier in between 1 or 2 of the 5 pegs.
    05-25-09 02:51 AM
    Civic's method works very well
    05-25-09 08:33 AM
    I just stick a dime...yes you read right... A good old dime on top of the battery and close the cover....it works AMAZING!!!!!!!

05-25-09 08:53 AM
    Never heard of the dime technique.
    05-25-09 09:28 AM
    I was having problems with the clicking being nonresponsive in the corners tried the screen protector wipe folded it in half and placed it in the middle now it works great thanks for the tip
    05-25-09 09:29 AM
    Never heard of the dime technique.
    It works better than anything ice ever tried. Nice solid click all over the screen.

05-25-09 10:06 AM
    i tried everything. and was about to bring it to verizon to change out for a new one because my girlfriends click is much better. and i thought i would give the circle sticker trick a try before i return it... well its 4 weeks later and i still have full clicking. i love it.
    05-25-09 10:07 AM
    I took a piece of adhesive velcro, the soft side and the size of a postage stamp and adhered it to the Back cover so it pushes against the battery when you close it. Works like a champ and stays in place and soft against the battery. But that's just my 2 cents.
    05-25-09 12:03 PM
    I actually just put a business card behind my battery door earlier today and I must say it fixed the click quite well.

But, what is this about these gold contacts? What are they for? Will this hurt my Storm if I block them?

I found it rather funny, though, a friend of mine with a Storm went to Verizon to see what they said about the screen click issue he had, and the rep actually told him to put a card behind the door. But, he said it wasnt voiding any sort of warranty on the phone by doing so, is that true?
    05-25-09 04:54 PM
    I actually just put a business card behind my battery door earlier today and I must say it fixed the click quite well.

But, what is this about these gold contacts? What are they for? Will this hurt my Storm if I block them?

I found it rather funny, though, a friend of mine with a Storm went to Verizon to see what they said about the screen click issue he had, and the rep actually told him to put a card behind the door. But, he said it wasnt voiding any sort of warranty on the phone by doing so, is that true?
    still dont know what the contacts are for. at this point i dont really care anymore. as far as it voiding the warranty....
    not a chance. the phone hasnt been disassembled or in any other way permanently altered.
    05-25-09 05:04 PM
    Use a dime man...a dime is all it takes. Put the freaking dime^n top of the battery and than close the lid man...that is all it takes. Your storm will be clickin better than the day you bought it.

05-25-09 05:26 PM
    Use a dime man...a dime is all it takes. Put the freaking dime^n top of the battery and than close the lid man...that is all it takes. Your storm will be clickin better than the day you bought it.

Does this work?
    I have had my Storm about 5 weeks, and I can't type worth a damn. Will they replace the phone if it doesn't click right?
    05-25-09 05:40 PM
    Trust me it works GREAT.
    Does this work?
    I have had my Storm about 5 weeks, and I can't type worth a damn. Will they replace the phone if it doesn't click right?
    05-25-09 06:06 PM

fine ill use a freakin dime man geez
    yeah the dime works a lot better than anything else ive tried. puts a lot more strain on the battery door but it does make the screen more responsive.
    Last edited by wayfr; 05-25-09 at 06:55 PM.
    05-25-09 06:18 PM

But that's going to cast me 10 cents.
    05-25-09 09:05 PM
    But that's going to cast me 10 cents.
    Yeah but I guess that's the price we gotta pay for the ones that we love lol

05-25-09 09:45 PM
    Dime trick works well my friend did this

05-25-09 10:39 PM
    Dime trick works fantastic. Never clicked better

05-26-09 08:42 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD