• 4.7.0.75 official vzw

19 40.43%
  • 4.7.0.76 from bell

27 57.45%
  • neither, stick with the .65 that came with the phone

1 2.13%
    title says it all
    12-08-08 10:10 AM
    Can a VZW subscriber use the bell upgrade??
    12-08-08 10:14 AM
    yes, you just have to delete the vendor file before installing.
    12-08-08 10:15 AM
    It is a matter of preference. Yes you can use the bell upgrade just delete the vendor.xml file

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 10:16 AM
    It is a matter of preference. Yes you can use the bell upgrade just delete the vendor.xml file

what is the difference?
    12-08-08 10:17 AM
    what is the difference?
    The differences are minor. However, the one big difference that is important to me is the holster detection. Under .75 (and .65) if you had your Storm in a holster and set to only vibe, it would vibe. And then ring out loud anyway. With .76, if you have it set to only vibe while holstered, it only vibes.

One thing still not fixed in .76 - if you have a custom ringtone set for your contacts, and you have the vibe profile set on, the ringer will still ring anyway.

Other than that, .76 seems slightly more stable to me. No java exceptions so far like I was seeing with .75. And this could be nothing more than the placebo effect, but .76 seems a little less laggy to me than .75.
    12-08-08 10:21 AM
    ya, i suppose it would make sense to that the higher number would be slightly more stabile.
    12-08-08 10:23 AM
    hmm i've got a mac and only just got the OTA to work for .75, but i'm considering using a friend's PC to get the .76 from bell...
    12-08-08 10:23 AM
    .76 is more stable and they fix the video recorder bug.
    12-08-08 10:24 AM
    well it looks like an overwhelming win for .76 thru the poll. thats good to know for when i get my storm tomorrow.
    12-08-08 10:32 AM
    - .65 was horrible for me, LOTS of random reboots, especially while driving with it resting in the console.

- leaked .75, a bit quicker but still randomly very sluggish and still several reboots.

- official .75 didnt seem any different from the leak.

- .76 has been the best. did a full wipe and .76 install from scratch. so far, not one reboot which has been great considering the lengthy boot time.

overall .76 is much more stable which for me is most important.

a few tips which has made using the storm much better...

- fix the screen click issue if you have it.
    - setup the screen / keyboard
    - spend the time to setup your application nav / icons the way you work.
    - remove what you dont need.
    12-08-08 11:04 AM
    .76 is better...but still needs a lot of work...
    12-08-08 11:23 AM
    .76 is better...but still needs a lot of work...
    I can't tell a difference with the lag between .75 and .76...but when I installed .76, I didnt do a fresh wipe of the device beforehand so maybe that makes a difference

There are still issues with the phone...but, in retrospect, I think Verizon and RIM are doing a wonderful job with fixing bugs considering that the phone was released only two weeks ago
    12-08-08 11:38 AM
    I did a full wipe on my storm and installed 76...I did see a slight difference with the speed when flipping the device, but when I try to record a video, it always freeze no matter what length I record at. It says its recording and then when I hit stop, it freeze and then a battery pull is required. Anyone else have this issue? Or might know a fix?? I am on the official .75 now, but if the recording option on 76 remains, I will have to stick with .75. Thank you guys in advance!!
    12-08-08 12:28 PM
    I've made a few similar posts to answer this question...

I have two 9530s and I tried several different head-to-head tests.

.76 after a wipe versus VZW .75. No clear winner.

.76 after a wipe versus .76 no wipe. No clear winner.

.76 after a wipe versus .76 after a wipe. No clear winner. Except the newly wiped BB with .76 loaded can't receive emails.

I tested the accelerometer in three ways: in text/email, in the browser and main screen/home screen.

I tested the speed of flipping through texts/emails.

I tested opening and closing menus, browser, word mole.

I'm sure the version change of .11 is having a mental affect on folks to some extent. But again, in a side-by-side, head-to-head test, there is no noticeable difference.

Caveats - I have had no major issues with either device since I got them out of the box on Friday. I have owned two previous devices so I know my way around BBs.
    12-08-08 01:26 PM
    after using both, i also don't see much of a difference. i even did the wipe with the jmdl (or whatever it is called) program, and .76 seems no different to me.
    12-11-08 01:35 PM
    For me .65 bad. .
    .75 qa better but still not perfect
    After trying 76 I almost returned but after a wipe and install the thing is butter. Yet the wipe it made a difference for me.

12-11-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD