What is the best anti heat and unconductible material you can stick to the back of battery to make screen click everywhere???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 09:04 PM
    post it notes work fine. if those catch on fire...than you are probably sitting too close to the fireplace....lol
    11-24-08 09:09 PM
    i used a wawa gift card after getting some neg feedback on my aluminum foil idea u think the replacement storms will make any difference for the screens that dont have major problems with clicking? I wasnt having big problems but the mod deff made a difference..
    11-24-08 09:12 PM
    I'm having zero problems so I think I will pass on this "mod".

Did anyone not experiencing any problems try this?

11-24-08 09:17 PM
    Ordinary paper is just fine. If your phone is reaching the flash point of the paper, then it would be too hot for you to hold in your hand in the first place.

-SR-

11-24-08 09:20 PM
    Can someone explain, in detail, of what this "mod" actually does?
    11-24-08 09:21 PM
    pushes the bottom of your phone.. UP. it applies pressure in all directions since theres not much space for it. this results in a potential "buldge" to the front / back of phone. not noticable when youre typing, however, it definitely allows for it to click better and the screen sits slightly higher as the nipple for the button is slightly raised.
    11-24-08 09:33 PM
    yuup i just used cardboard
    11-24-08 09:34 PM
    i wasn't experiencing any "problems".. but i did notice how it was a bit more difficult to actuate the clicker when typing on the far edges of the screen. by putting a battery sized piece of old credit card between the battery and cover i noticed a definite improvement in the button response on the outer edges of the screen.
    11-24-08 09:41 PM
    will pushing the battery like this eventually damage or stretch any part of the phone from extra pressure that wasn't meant for it?
    11-24-08 09:49 PM
    i too had no problems and it seemed the icons highlighted much faster when i touched them.....so far so good
    11-24-08 09:59 PM
    I made a video on how to make it better .....

11-24-08 10:04 PM
    Someone suggested an old credit card. I tried it and it's great, just cut it to size
    11-24-08 10:12 PM
    Thanks for the video ces911, but hey you should pay more attention to your cat!
    11-24-08 10:19 PM
    allows for it to click better and the screen sits slightly higher as the nipple for the button is slightly raised.
    Tehehe... you said nipple hehehe
    11-24-08 10:21 PM
    Mine was not that bad at all. But it made it much much better after doing this. Does this mean we have to exchange our phone? And if so what is the guarantee that new one does not have this issue?
    11-24-08 10:23 PM
    your video was removed!!!
    11-24-08 10:30 PM
    I just don't get it. Don't misunderstand me, I have been just excited about the release of the storm as everyone else... But I just can't accept the fact that I need to stick a piece of cardboard inside my device in order for it to function properly. I'm not bashing the storm at all, but am I the only one here that feels that it is ridiculous to have to rig this device to work the way it should?? Personally, I am happy I stuck with my curve at this point.

11-24-08 10:43 PM
    I second bb drone question mine was slightly noticeable before but much improved with the post its. Does this mean we should return the phonr? Will it make it worse?

11-24-08 10:44 PM
    Mine was not that bad at all. But it made it much much better after doing this. Does this mean we have to exchange our phone? And if so what is the guarantee that new one does not have this issue?
    I would like an answer to this too. Ive been having no problems at all with the storm, but when I did this the typing response is much better, as well as the corners. Are later models going to be "fixed" or are they all like this and its not really considered broken?
    11-24-08 10:45 PM
    Pressure is not good I'm sure, I doubt trading phones will help,

11-24-08 10:46 PM
    my treo 750 (?) has this issue. i had to get a replacement later on and my replacement actually had a thin, square piece of foamish stuff glued on the battery cover.

rim will likely do the same.
    11-24-08 10:55 PM
    Foil paper sound like a good solution
    11-24-08 11:02 PM
    This made an INCREDIBLE difference in my unit, before placing a thin piece of cardboard in the back, the bottom right side didn't click at all, you had to push down real hard and it just kid of went, no click sensation or sound...
    Last edited by Mikuro; 11-24-08 at 11:15 PM.
    11-24-08 11:08 PM
    Your phone won't set on fire doing this right?

Adhesive post it + hot phone

11-24-08 11:14 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD