Twig Error: Failed to write cache file "sites/crackberry.com/files/twig_cache/e2/e2833c2a04d8ea2ddf3eb7664ee6a21347161938532816fc2850298dca249ec8.php". (Line 80 in /web/drupal7-20220107122818/vendor/twig/twig/src/Cache/FilesystemCache.php)
02-19-09 11:27 PM
38 12
tools
    Hey my fellow crackberrians! The founder of Zhiing (Jon Ziskind) has called on me to get beta testers for "Zhiing" app for the Storm. My other thread that I had posted "Zhiing now Compatible with the Storm" was compatible but was the Curve version. This beta test is specifically for the Storm.

*Mods please feel free to delete the other thread.

How handy is zhiing?

Your friend just zhiinged your phone with her location so you can meet up for a drink. You found a great restaurant online on your computer. Send a zhiing to yourself and a friend with info on what time to meet up via the browser add-on for Firefox, Flock, Explorer, Safari or Chrome Stranded on a dark corner in the middle of nowhere? zhiing for a ride. Your business lunch plans have changed and nobody knows where to go - zhiing everyone from your final destination. On the beta release, only iPhone, BlackBerry and Dash Express users will see the zhiinged location on the map along with turn-by-turn directions. Other users will simply receive text directions to the zhiinged address, but they'll still be able to meet you once you've zhiinged! More mobile platforms with the same great features will be supported on subsequent releases.

Jon is not releasing the beta to the public. He just wants a large beta group.To get the beta app of Zhiing for the Storm email Jon at jon@zhiing.com. If Jon does email you the app feel free to email him on any bugs you encounter...you can also place it in this thread. I will tell him to check it periodically.

I have played around with the beta and this is a must have app...spread the word to your fellow crackberrians so they can be part of the beta test as well...ENJOY!

- PecanBB

Screen Shots:

02-17-09 03:13 AM
    Email sent!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 03:26 AM
    Cool I am sure he will email you later as he might be a sleep at the moment. I posted this kind of late cause I just arrived in Salt Lake City from working my trip. I told Jon I will be posting it so expect him to email you. Get the word out also! Goodnight.
    02-17-09 03:29 AM
    sent an email.
    02-17-09 03:41 AM
    email sent
    02-17-09 03:41 AM
    Email sent

02-17-09 03:50 AM
    Email sent. Thanks!

02-17-09 03:53 AM
    Email sent. Thanks!
    02-17-09 05:02 AM
    email sent
    02-17-09 05:06 AM
    Email sent!

02-17-09 07:42 AM
    Request sent, thanks fr the heads up.
    02-17-09 08:09 AM
    Email sent
    02-17-09 08:54 AM
    Guys -

We have never run a beta through a forum like this before. It's pretty amazing to see all the great responses. I will put together the email now and send it out. Please realize this is not for public release and I welcome (and encourage) your feedback. You may find that with Google mobile maps you will receive an error for a zhiing that is over 100 miles away. We are working on that as fast as we can.

Also, since this is a our first Verizon release, you may not be able to zhiing your other Verizon people. They don't allow third party apps to touch the GPS. Although, with the Storm, we can. We should have the next Verizon release for all BB's out soon.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Jon at zhiing
    02-17-09 09:54 AM
    Hey Jon-

Thanks for the heads up and putting the beta out for my fellow crackberrians. You can always count on the crackberry family to be up for new beta testing. I havent really zhiinged anyone from verizon yet I have to try that out but Zhiinging you did work because I received your responsed Zhiing on my phone.

Once again enjoy fellow crackberrians!!!!

- PecanBB
    02-17-09 09:59 AM
    Email sent.
    02-17-09 10:04 AM
    Email sent

02-17-09 11:14 AM
    I've tried this. Jammed up my storm. Keyboard wouldn't go away either.
    02-17-09 11:57 AM
    Guys -

We have never run a beta through a forum like this before. It's pretty amazing to see all the great responses. I will put together the email now and send it out. Please realize this is not for public release and I welcome (and encourage) your feedback. You may find that with Google mobile maps you will receive an error for a zhiing that is over 100 miles away. We are working on that as fast as we can.

Also, since this is a our first Verizon release, you may not be able to zhiing your other Verizon people. They don't allow third party apps to touch the GPS. Although, with the Storm, we can. We should have the next Verizon release for all BB's out soon.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Jon at zhiing
    Has the email gone out yet? Still anxiously checking my inbox every 5 minutes heh.
    02-17-09 12:39 PM
    Email sent!!
    02-17-09 01:33 PM
    I am in the Beta. If anyone would like my # to Zhiing me so we can fully test it please PM me and I will get it to you. PLEASE only people who are beta testing Zhiing. Your number will only be used for Zhiing testing then will be deleted after the beta is complete.
    Last edited by bigguy_132; 02-17-09 at 01:46 PM.
    02-17-09 01:39 PM
    I am in the Beta. If anyone would like my # to Zhiing me so we can fully test it please PM me and I will get it to you. PLEASE only people who are beta testing Zhiing. Your number will only be used for Zhiing testing then will be deleted after the beta is complete.
    i cant pm you until i have more posts pm me with you number
    02-17-09 02:24 PM
    Email sent.
    Looking forward to his reply.
    02-17-09 02:43 PM
    same here. it looks like there is gonna be some competition!
    02-17-09 02:56 PM
    Currently things that I like about this app is that I can see great uses for this app. Keep in mind this IS a beta but I am having some issues.

1. Currently zhiing for some reason cannot find me. GPS is on and Location aiding is on and BB maps has no problem finding me. Stumped on that one.

2. More of an annoyance then anything it will not use your profile that you have loaded. EX: I am at work and have a vibrate only profile instead of using that zhiing will play an audio sound when I get a new one. I don't like that.

Other then that the few zhiings I have sent have went through but without my location. I have not tried entering an address manually but it should be able to find me.
    02-17-09 03:31 PM
    Email sent!
    02-17-09 03:49 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD