So I have a theory on the leaked OS versions out there. I have read the threads, but I think BlackBerry has many more OS versions ahead of .109 that have not been leaked. In my opinion .109 might be more than a month old. Think about it. Since the release of the Storm we have had .65 (Official), .75 (Official), .85, .86, .88, .90, .99, .103 and .109. I could be missing a few, but BlackBerry has been hard at work trying to perfect the OS. With the most recent video that surfaced with the new copy function this only helps support the idea that the beta OS versions we are playing with are much older than they appear.

VZW and BlackBerry would be going crazy if these leaks were coming out real time or near real time.

The Storm has not been what VZW and BlackBerry expected. Due to the OS problems and other challenges the companies are diligently working to regain customer confidence. Don't get me wrong the device has done well in the past 3 months, but it is obvious this device was geared more for the general consumer than the business professional. I love my Storm, but at times I want more from it, people I know with iCruds love to crap on my Storm.

BlackBerry is working really hard because they see the iCrap gaining market share each day, even though the device does not have the same abilities as the Storm. Almost anyone can pick up the fruit phone and use it, why because it is simple, actually really simple. Apple produces such a small percentage of mobile devices (around 1%) yet each and every cell phone manufacture is out there trying to chase the success of the device from the App store to its intuitive nature. Even Toshiba is trying to out do the iPhone.

Hopefully we will see an official release that will give use the ability to laugh in the face of the iphone users.
    02-27-09 09:40 AM
    Ok. Nice theory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:43 AM
    The absolutely do. The highest known OS versions are already in the .130's.
    02-27-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD