First things first I am in no way affiliated with bestskinsever. That being said I have been a huge fan of theirs ever since I have had my first ipod. I have installed several skins of theirs on my family, friends and my personal ipods. I also did 2 iphones. Enough about me on to the review...

Packaging
    The skin for the storm came shipped the exact way I expected (same as they always come) in a standard white envelope. Some say this is not very cautious and the skin could get damaged but I have bought plenty of skins from them and have never encountered any problems with damage due to shipping. Notice that this cuts the price of shipping way down *HUGE BONUS if you ask me*

Whats Included
    Bestskinsever as usual stuck to the basics with this skin and included one page with skins on it for the front and one for the back. Obviously no solution is included since it comes shipped in a plain white envelope but lets be honest with ourselves who really wants to pay for a bottle of soapy water? Also, there is no need for the fancy squeegee some other skins like to include that's what a credit card is for.

Template
    The template for the storm is great. It offers great coverage for the screen, buttons, back, sides, and even the metal around the sides. The only complaint I have which is very very very minor is that the screen cover itself could of been cut just a tad bigger to reach the very edges of the screen all around but I would rather it be a little small then a little big so it doesn't get stuck to something when I click the screen. Also it was a little difficult to get the air bubbles out around the blackberry logo since it is covered and is not flesh with the battery door on the back but nothing I couldn't manage. This skin does cover the flash but I don't see this being a problem at all. The cutouts around all the inputs and speakers seem to be measured just right.

Quality
    I would say the quality of these skins is up to par with every other skin on the market if not better. Personally I think most of these are close to if not the exact same thing some just like charging more. I have had these skins on all my products and the results are always the same... no scratches on the device. I can't speak for the storm skin since I just installed it but I have had my ipod skin on for about a year and a half and it still looks flawless. I can assure you that if you remove one of these skins there is no residue what so ever left behind and you will have a flawless product (if you apply when you first get the product obviously its not going to remove scratches). I did notice the orange peel effect but it doesn't seem to be any worst then any other skin I have seen on other devices. Only time you really notice it is at certain angles in bright light (obviously when the camera flashes)

Installation Difficulty
    When it comes to the storm skin I would say it is a lot more difficult and time consuming then putting on one of these skins for an ipod or iphone. This is not necessarily a bad thing it's jut because there are a lot more buttons and curves and edges to be covered on this phone compared to the apples. If you have never installed a skin of this type before I would say this could probably be a little bit of a pain in the *** but you can do it if you put your mind to it. The main thing that worried me was getting water on the water sensors and in the cracks of the screen. Usually when I install these skins I steam up the bathroom but I decided against it on this device and it seemed to go just as smooth as the other devices just a little harder to slide the skin around once in place. I also used less solution then I usually use which again made it harder to slide the skin around but not that big of a deal. I had no problem managing the amount of solution I used to avoid all types of water damage (including getting in the cracks of the screen) The only real annoyance that I had when installing this skin was getting the corners and edges to stay down. I found that it was best to get the main area down flat and let it dry for about 5-10 minutes then press and hold the edges down to get them to stick.

Overall Impression
    Overall I would say that bestskins ever is a great company to deal with. This skin for the storm has not let me down and lived up to every expectation that I have for bestskinsever and that is perfection. They are a great company to deal with that has an amazing product and even more amazing customer service department. I highly recommend these skins to anyone who is looking for a great skin of this type for the perfect price. When you think about in this day in time who doesn't want to pay less and get more? I rate this skin a 9.5/10.
    12-15-08 06:58 PM
    12-15-08 06:59 PM

Orange Peel Effect Example
    12-15-08 07:00 PM
    I've always liked BSE products. They're cheap and very effective.
    12-15-08 07:03 PM
    I've got one on my storm and it works great, but the sides kicked my but!
    12-15-08 07:21 PM
    WOW!!! Is that the new 2009 iPod nano? SAWEEEEEEET!!!!! It is touchscreen?
    12-15-08 09:59 PM
    WOW!!! Is that the new 2009 iPod nano? SAWEEEEEEET!!!!! It is touchscreen?
    Hahaha! You gotta love that use of the nano box!
    12-15-08 10:07 PM
    that last picture shows exactly why i dont use BSE... too much orange peel.
    12-15-08 10:09 PM
    very nice, i dont care about the orange peel. the other ones are just clear coated so it doesnt show as much, i prefer the grip of the skin without the clearcoat. plus the clearcoat makes the skin thicker which measn the skin itself must be thinner (less protective) to keep it thin.
    12-15-08 10:56 PM
    very nice, i dont care about the orange peel. the other ones are just clear coated so it doesnt show as much, i prefer the grip of the skin without the clearcoat. plus the clearcoat makes the skin thicker which measn the skin itself must be thinner (less protective) to keep it thin.
    that makes no sense. u just contradicted yourself..

if the clearcoat makes it "thicker", why would the skin itself be thinner if it was "thicker" in the first place..

also about it being less protective.. that is totally false.

all the protective stuff that these companies use are basically the same material, except for some minor differences.. personally after using BSE and other products such as IS and PS.. i would rate BSE the lowest in terms of protectiveness. i keyed on of my phones with BSE cover and it SHOWED scratches.. whereas I keyed my PSP with IS on it, and nothing shows.
    12-15-08 11:05 PM
    only real annoyance that I had when installing this skin was getting the corners and edges to stay down.
    Very true! Im installing now and its taking forever for the sides panels to stick down. Thats the hardest part when installing BSE. I may post pics when im done.
    12-15-08 11:12 PM
    I received my BSE skin last Wednesday. I took my phone and skin to work on Saturday and had one of my co-workers install it because he is a perfectionist and has patience, whereas I am a perfectionist with NO patience. He did a great job on the install...and didn't even say one cuss word!!!!!
    12-15-08 11:19 PM
    I think cray was saying that since they have to use a clear coat, the actual protective part of the skin is thinner (ie a two layered design). However, I don't know if thats how they make them.

That said, I have been reading a lot of reviews about these things. From what I can tell it really depends on personal preference. If you like to save money go with the bestskinsever. If your the kind of person who buys the extended warranties, get the invisible shield. $12 difference between them. 'nough said
    12-15-08 11:20 PM
    that makes no sense. u just contradicted yourself..

if the clearcoat makes it "thicker", why would the skin itself be thinner if it was "thicker" in the first place..

also about it being less protective.. that is totally false.

all the protective stuff that these companies use are basically the same material, except for some minor differences.. personally after using BSE and other products such as IS and PS.. i would rate BSE the lowest in terms of protectiveness. i keyed on of my phones with BSE cover and it SHOWED scratches.. whereas I keyed my PSP with IS on it, and nothing shows.
    no what i am saying is this.

on a protective skin, you have the polyurethane (skin) which does the protecting.

now to add a clear coat and to keep it as thin as the rest, they must make the polyurethane (skin) thinner. polyurethane thinner = less protection.
    12-15-08 11:22 PM
    People still use 56k modems?
    12-15-08 11:27 PM
    I've got one on my storm and it works great, but the sides kicked my but!
    Yeah those corners gave me a tough time. Especially the area where the headphones plug in.
    12-15-08 11:28 PM
    oh btw, OP, good job on the review, i hope you get the $8 back for your skin, you sure deserve it with this much work. i hope you dont get screwed though because BSE said only one review per site would get the refund, but i think i already saw one on here.
    12-16-08 12:47 AM
    As to someone who said something about phone scratching with bse and psp not that had is. Were they scratched with same object? Certaint types of materials scratch easier also as in the phone may scratch either then psp just a thought I could be wrong though. I had to use the ipod box couldnt risk my beloved blackberry box getting wet I am not to worried about being reimbursed $8.00 BSE has gave me deals and always been good to me and **** its 8.00 that can get you what a big mack and a small fry these days haha
    12-16-08 02:47 PM
    Anybody have any issues with putting your phone in your pockets, then after awhile the BSE starts peeling back on the corners?
    I've had mine about a week and now the corners are peeling( just the little triangle piece on all four corners).
    The install went well and I'm happy with the BSE till now.
    12-16-08 03:25 PM
    I received my BSE skin last Wednesday. I took my phone and skin to work on Saturday and had one of my co-workers install it because he is a perfectionist and has patience, whereas I am a perfectionist with NO patience. He did a great job on the install...and didn't even say one cuss word!!!!!
    rofl that is hilarious, did you pay him?
    12-16-08 04:24 PM
    I thought installing skins like these would void the warranty...
    12-16-08 05:00 PM
    As to someone who said something about phone scratching with bse and psp not that had is. Were they scratched with same object? Certaint types of materials scratch easier also as in the phone may scratch either then psp just a thought I could be wrong though. I had to use the ipod box couldnt risk my beloved blackberry box getting wet I am not to worried about being reimbursed $8.00 BSE has gave me deals and always been good to me and **** its 8.00 that can get you what a big mack and a small fry these days haha
    you should def. atleast submit for the review refund. you did a great job, you deserve it.
    12-16-08 05:06 PM
    Nice install!!!!

Sometimes they are a pain but work very well on protection!!!
    12-16-08 05:29 PM
    Good job putting it on. I was doing pretty good job myself until start doing sides. Thets were problem if aligning started. brrrr.....
    12-16-08 06:06 PM
    I found that to be how these companys got rid of the orange peel, they used a different poly to lay the top flat. I would rather have more protection than only half.
    12-16-08 06:22 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD