SO this SUXs
    11-17-08 07:50 AM
    nope, its the 21st if you pre-ordered
    11-17-08 07:58 AM
    ^^^ This is for .com orders... not the store... THOSE WHO PRE-ORDERED... YOUR PHONES WILL BE THERE THE 21ST"
    The above quote is from B&W Yamaha who posted over on Hofo. Apparently, he works for Best Buy Mobile.
    11-17-08 08:04 AM
    I Pre ordered it and they havent called me or anything and when i asked friday they said it was either the 23 or 21st ..... I hate bugging them BUT I want the PHONE!
    11-17-08 08:26 AM
    When I went by last Friday and asked about my pre-order, I was told the 23rd.
    11-17-08 08:57 AM
    i pre ordered mine at best buy, it better be released on the 21st!

well if not at least i can get my deposite back.
    11-17-08 09:02 AM
    I was the first to pre-order at my local BB and they called me Friday to tell me it would be the 23rd. They said they would call me as soon as they got it in though. They did make it sound like if you didn't pre-order, then you wouldn't get one. They said they might have a "couple" extras that weren't pre-orders. And they also said the pre-order option ended last Wednesday. So no more can be ordered...
    11-17-08 09:06 AM
    Hmmm best buy called me to setup an appointment friday to come get the storm
    11-17-08 09:06 AM
    I don't know I was thinking of stopping after work to see if they have any left at verizon hopefully they do 3:30 isn't that late
    11-17-08 11:28 AM
    I hate bugging the guys at my local store because im in there so much for other stuff and they know me well.....but id like someone to coe up with a definite answer. I wonder if verizon isn't letting retailers sell before corporate or if Best Buy wants a sunday release????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 11:35 AM
    my best buy set me up with an appointment on the 21st. wondering if not all the employees know the date or if some are holding it off just for there sunday sales paper
    11-17-08 11:39 AM
    I went into my local best buy on Thursday last week and they told me they weren't sure when and that the dates for release for verizon and best buy would mot likely be different????I pre-ordered if i don't get mine on friday to the verizon store i go
    11-17-08 11:47 AM
    I just called Best Buy and they confirmed the 21st. i hadnt heard about an appointment yet, so i was worried too. If you havent heard anything yet, it is because they are ensuring they have the staffing needed for Friday
    11-17-08 01:41 PM
    I know my BBY is getting the Storm the 21st, they just called me with an appointment and promised I will have it that day.
    11-17-08 01:45 PM
    i was the first person to even mention the Storm preorder and got my call last friday for an appointment on the 21st.
    11-17-08 01:56 PM
    yall are mis informed then. Bestbuy pre-order or not will be getting the phone on the 23rd not a day eairler.. sorry . ps. my little brother works at bestbuy not in the moible department but he said they wont have them in tell the 23rd
    11-17-08 01:59 PM
    I went to my Best Buy and talked to the Mobile Rep there and he showed me the last email they had from the 13th that showed the date as the 21st and that he hasn't called anyone yet because there has been so much speculation about the release date from Best Buy.

He also showed me the "correction notice" they had from the 16th relase that said no information on a release date.

The only thing is whether communication from the top has reached all below about it being the 23rd instead since this has only come up in the last day or so, and after the last email he received.

Keepin my fingers crossed cause I gotta work Sunday and out of town next week and I'm #1 on the pre-order list. FYI, I WAS TOLD YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO PICK UP YOUR PRE-ORDERED STORM OR IT GOES BACK IN GENERAL CIRCULATION. THIS WON'T MATTER FOR MOST, BUT IT DOES FOR ME SINCE I'LL BE GONE AND NOT BACK WITHIN 48 HOURS OF A SUNDAY RELEASE.

SOOKS: But, the Mobile guys are completely separate from general Best Buy employees. They have separate staff, paid from a different source, and receive their info from a different set of folks then say the guys in the geek squad or magnolia. I just found this out myself actually. Not saying your bro is wrong....I just hope so for everyone's sake!
    Last edited by dhalushka; 11-17-08 at 02:01 PM. Reason: update
    11-17-08 01:59 PM
    Man I hope that you all are right. I telephoned mine and they told me the 23rd. This is really frustrating trying to get this filtered out. I will hopefully get a call from my rep letting me know that she holding me one back at the corporate store but I am not holding my breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 02:02 PM
    The unfortunate part is that because of the holiday shopping, they now receive two truck shipments a week (Wednesday and Saturday). So theoretically we could have an idea by Wednesday night if they came in stock on the trucks. However, my contact also said that they could UPS drop ship anytime before Friday if that's how it's decided.....

That said, pretty certain that if they aren't there Thursday afternoon sometime, they won't go out Friday morning. Because the Mobile department is separate from Best Buy, they typically only have a single salesperson there and they would need time to arrange for separate staff to come in to help out with taking care of the pre-orders and general cell-phone buying public.

They may try to open early (at least mine) and take of the pre-orders before opening to the public.
    11-17-08 02:07 PM
    yall are mis informed then. Bestbuy pre-order or not will be getting the phone on the 23rd not a day eairler.. sorry . ps. my little brother works at bestbuy not in the moible department but he said they wont have them in tell the 23rd
    sorry to rain on your parade but there are 3 best buys around me, all 3 are getting them on the 21st and all 3 are in jersey. maybe stores differ for each location but i promise you that best buys are getting them on the 21st. sorry if your brother told you different but there are stores that say otherwise that work in the department
    Last edited by spawn026; 11-17-08 at 02:46 PM.
    11-17-08 02:43 PM
    I'm pretty pissed at Best Buy. So I put in a pre-order part 3 of my 3 part plan. They called me this weekend to make an appointment. They offered me a 10:15am appointment on Saturday. When I inquired about what happen to Friday he informed me that they were going done the preorder list first come first serve and all of the Friday appointments were gone.

So the moral of the story if you have a Best Buy Pre-order and the phones come in on time, you still may not get your phone on day 1.
    11-17-08 02:50 PM
    kittiesplay: My advice to you is that you should go to your BB at some point during the day that you dont think will be very busy. There is a good chance they will sell it to you if they arent doing much else, even though your appointment is the next morning. There is no reason they shouldnt, since you did pre-order. Good luck with that.

I called today to confirm about Friday at my local BB. I was told I am #2 on the list and will definitely be able to get mine on Friday. I asked about appointments and he told me they didnt get enough appointments that they are worried about that being an issue. I am planning on being there 20 minutes before the store opens. I am hoping I am the first one there.
    Last edited by shooptek; 11-17-08 at 03:00 PM.
    11-17-08 02:55 PM
    i was early in line but i went for a time around lunch so 1:30 was open. there were quite a few on the list though so i was lucky enough to be able and make my own appointment
    11-17-08 03:06 PM
    Hey guys I started a thread about my post above. If you are planning on getting the BB preorder please read my comments re: quantity of phones available

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bew...61/#post984110
    11-17-08 03:24 PM
    Went to my local BB and the Mobile Mgr told me that they will have them Friday for sure and maybe Thursday night.
    11-17-08 03:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD