Only one of my .avi files plays correctly when I upload them directly using windows explorer.

The others just give errors...

When I try and upload any of them with the Windows Media Player search function I always get an error, it doesn't even try to actually upload them.

Whats the best way to upload videos? Also, it seems as though videos on the media card as opposed to the device memory have worse frame rates. Anyone know a fix?

Thanks!
    11-24-08 09:45 PM
    use the BB media manager
    11-24-08 09:49 PM
    You mean the stupid rhapsody thing that came with Verizon? I installed the BB tools, but I don't see a media manager
    11-24-08 09:58 PM
    no not rhapsody . . . if you installed Desktop Manager - one of the options will be media manager. Just do not do a "phone update' from DM
    11-24-08 10:02 PM
    Media manager is greyed out. I can't click anything near it...
    11-24-08 10:18 PM
    I had trouble transferring some mpegs via media manager-it closed the program. Even the ones which transferred took hours. Take the card out and transfer them to your video folder on your computer using a card reader-it takes a minute or so for a 600kb file
    11-25-08 03:54 AM
    Got search?

I guess not, so here you go...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...n-howto-99653/

and here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...n-howto-99653/

I have been using the AoA DVD ripper. It cost me $35 but its all legal and is a little faster than some of the other I tried...about 50 min, for a full length film. The best part is that it only takes one step...you go from DVD right to MP4. Then you just open up DM and drag the file onto your media card.
    11-25-08 04:28 AM
    First you need to load the disk that came with your phone. It contains the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Once you start the program it will give you two options. Media Manager and BlackBerry Media Sync. Click on Media Manager. *Note: If you have your phone password protected you will need to enter the password which is a minor pain in the tucas since it is not represented as a numeric code. Easy way around this is to delete your password until your done uploading. Since .AVI and .MP4 are the only formats that play easily on the Storm you need to convert the movies to this format from .VOB, DIVX, XviD, H.264 or other encrypted formats. Also most movies are copy right protected so you'll need a decrypter. If you are looking for FREE and easy I recommend RipIt4Me as an easy one click converter. You will also need DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink which work with the RipIt4Me program. Again all are completely FREE. Since I'm new here and have yet read the TOS I will refrain from posting the links but to find them just Google RipIt4Me and you will find all three programs. What ever you do don't pay for any of them. They are FREE WARE and downloads are FREE. Once you convert the movie to MP4 save to your PC. After you launch Media Manager you will see a split screen. One is your PC and one is your Phone. Find and click on folder you saved the movie to on the upper pane. Then on the lower pane find the folder you want to save it to ie. Video then drag and drop the file to the bottom pane. The movie will now load to your phone. I may take 45 minutes to an hour or so to load. Hope this helped.
    03-05-09 08:30 PM
    I downloaded Desktop Manager 4.7 for my laptop at home and I installed it from the disk at work. No matter what Blackberry Media Sync is greyed out. What I am missing.

Also if put a file on using windows explorer the file will be avaiable on the phone but when I look at the folder through windows explorer it is not there.

Can I use itunes to manage my videos like I do with my ipod touch or will that only work music.
    03-05-09 08:50 PM
    When you launch Media Manager does the window that launches indicate "Connected" in the top left corner? And is it reading your PIN which will be indicated in the lower left corner? Example: Device connected (PIN): 0293D59
    03-05-09 09:00 PM
    After thought: If you downloaded 4.7 from BlackBerry (RIM) the program may be locked since they sell the program to after market users. It may also be a vista x64 x32 problem. You may want to try a reinstall.
    03-05-09 09:12 PM
    That sounds good and easy, but does it work for uploading FROM the Storm? I have taken several videos using my phone and can't seem to find a way to send it to my computer so that I may then upload it to Youtube or other sites.
    06-23-10 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD