Hi everybody, just trying to figure out the easiest way to purchase and download music to my blackberry. Anything that uses paypal would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 09:37 AM
    Have you looked into Verizon's Vcast with Rhapsody? Each song costs $1.99 or you can purchase entire albums. Each song you purchase you get a copy for your phone and a copy to download to your PC.
    06-03-10 10:27 AM
    I usually buy them from amazon because they are usually cheaper and have no managing rights so i can put them on anything. I store all music on external hard drive and just drag songs between that and phone using Windows explorer.
    06-03-10 11:22 AM
    Hi everybody, just trying to figure out the easiest way to purchase and download music to my blackberry. Anything that uses paypal would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    Andy

Look into Rhapsody online here's the web address Rhapsody Free Trial - Pricing and Plans
    It's like 9.99/month download as many as you want to any mp3 player including your BB listen as many as you want. I think it's called Rhapsody on the Go. for 9.99 you can stream or download and take with you just can't own them burn them.
    06-03-10 11:23 AM
    Andy

Look into Rhapsody online here's the web address Rhapsody Free Trial - Pricing and Plans
    It's like 9.99/month download as many as you want to any mp3 player including your BB listen as many as you want. I think it's called Rhapsody on the Go. for 9.99 you can stream or download and take with you just can't own them burn them.
    06-03-10 11:24 AM
    How about 7digital? I have used the player on my phone, but never purchased anything from them. You can browse,sample and purchase music directly on your phone. Their help page says they accept paypal payments.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 06-03-10 at 11:45 AM.
    06-03-10 11:40 AM
    I use E-Music. I think you get 50 downloads free for joining and then it's $10.00 for 30 downloads / month. (PayPal)

All DRM free

I just copy the files from my PC to my BB.
    06-03-10 12:10 PM
    if you buy from itunes, all of the itunes plus music will sync with the blackberry media manager now...
    06-03-10 03:00 PM
    Amazon is good, I also rip CDs to my desktop or laptop and drag and drop into the music folder on my media card.
    06-03-10 04:17 PM
    Have you looked into Verizon's Vcast with Rhapsody? Each song costs $1.99 or you can purchase entire albums. Each song you purchase you get a copy for your phone and a copy to download to your PC.
    Not a fan of Vcast. Thank you though

I usually buy them from amazon because they are usually cheaper and have no managing rights so i can put them on anything. I store all music on external hard drive and just drag songs between that and phone using Windows explorer.
    That sounds great, I love amazon. I've tried it on the app and haven't been able to get anything. If you can purchase single mp3s, would you explain how to buy them through the amazon app?

How about 7digital? I have used the player on my phone, but never purchased anything from them. You can browse,sample and purchase music directly on your phone. Their help page says they accept paypal payments.
    I will definitely check that out. Paypal would be great. Thank you
    06-05-10 11:07 PM
    [QUOTE=SlcCorrado;5204999]Not a fan of Vcast. Thank you though

That sounds great, I love amazon. I've tried it on the app and haven't been able to get anything. If you can purchase single mp3s, would you explain how to buy them through the amazon app?

you will have to buy them on/through your pc, save them to your music folder, connect your Berry to your pc and drag and drop into your media card's music folder. the files are too large to be sent OTA
    06-06-10 12:19 AM
    Download through Amazon. Inexpensive, great quality, DRM-free.

Drag and drop to device folders and you're set
    06-06-10 11:19 AM
    Anything on almost any site you can obtain through your PC, and convert directly to whatever device you want using Watch & Download Videos for Free | RealPlayer. It offers a variety of conversion types as well, such as video, audio only, and format options.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

If everyone spoke Wulfaneseô, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

06-06-10 11:25 AM
    I buy mine from Walmart website and then transfer them to my phone via USB cable.

06-07-10 12:39 AM
    Thanks guys but I know how to do that I was asking specifically for downloading on-the-go, no pc required. I think I have it figured out though. So thanks again to everyone who responded.

Andy

06-07-10 08:52 AM
    I think I have it figured out though. So thanks again to everyone who responded.
    SlcCorrado -- What did you end up choosing? It'd be great to find a solution. Thanks.
    06-09-10 05:37 PM
    SlcCorrado -- What did you end up choosing? It'd be great to find a solution. Thanks.
    I ended up using 7digital. After looking into it, I found out Mike Lazaridis praised it as a super app at wec. I can see why. It reminds me of opera mini. Very professional, easy to navigate, and apparently free The ability to use paypal is awesome. It even has its own media player, although that won't matter after os6 rolls out. As long as you have wifi, I recommend it.

06-10-10 06:58 AM
    Are the downloaded tracks DRM free?

Edit: yup, appears to be DRM free, and they support Blackberry with an app that includes track preview, so bonus points for that. Trying them out...
    Last edited by jhimmel; 06-12-10 at 09:42 PM.
    06-12-10 09:00 PM
    Are the downloaded tracks DRM free?

Edit: yup, appears to be DRM free, and they support Blackberry with an app that includes track preview, so bonus points for that. Trying them out...
    Sorry about the delay, but it looks like you already got the answer. They are DRM free. I'm still enjoying the app, but downloading on the go really does require wifi. That's cool though, I'm diggin it
    06-16-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD