Hello all,

I am going to sell my Storm on Ebay and am wondering about getting best bid for it.

It's a Verizon phone and I will obviously plan to wipe device and card.

Should I unlock the phone? Will that get better value? If so, then how do I do that?

Does it go with the Verizon SIM card?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

J
    07-12-10 01:07 PM
    Nobody in their right mind is going to buy that piece of crap. I have one and can't wait till the 15th when my Droid X gets here. Best buy is selling the Storm2 for .01 cent with 2 year contract. But good luck anyway, theres a sucker born every minute. You might just get lucky!
    07-12-10 01:32 PM
    No real need to unlock it, since unlocking phones is CHEAP anyway. But see if anybody's bidding on unlocked Storms.

As long as the ESN is clean, you're good.

Unless the buyer is using it on GSM service, in which case, the ESN means nothing to them.
    07-12-10 01:45 PM
    dan266,

Then there are a lot of people who aren't in their right mind on eBay! Because the S1's appear to be going for ~$100-150. Crazy, I know, but I'm strongly tempted myself...

Scott
    07-12-10 01:45 PM
    Uh, strongly tempted to SELL, not buy!

Scott
    07-12-10 01:46 PM
    You should keep it if you really think "pain is your friend"! Sounds like a match made in heaven...
    07-12-10 01:50 PM
    I'll get more satisfaction making a youtube video of me smashing this piece of ****
    07-12-10 01:52 PM
    You should keep it if you really think "pain is your friend"! Sounds like a match made in heaven...
    Touche' my friend Touche' indeed!
    07-12-10 01:53 PM
    I'm planning to get the D X as well and looking forward to it. I may be one of the lucky ones, but I never really had any problems with my storm but Android appeals to me very much.
    07-12-10 02:13 PM
    I'm also looking to sell my Storm and want to know what a good selling price would be. I know a lot of you are going to tell me to look at what people are selling for on eBay, but I want to hear from the veteran BB user on the trusty old CB. BTW does Salomondrin still lurk around here occasionally?
    07-13-10 03:10 AM
    What do I do with the QuickLaunch app that I purchased?
    Last edited by DarkSource; 07-14-10 at 12:06 PM.
    07-13-10 03:59 AM
    Thinking of doing this too. Would it be ok to have it sold with the SIM card?? I might take it to a Verizon store and make sure they completely clean it. Any ideas to totally make sure it's clean?
    07-19-10 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD