This is a wierd question, I know. But I was wondering if anyone knows how to completely drain the battery?

I know its possible because when i got my recieved my blackberry from an ebay seller the battery was so completely drained it took about 15-30mins of charging before it would even come on.

So if anyone knows, plz fill me in! Thanks!
    03-11-09 01:58 PM
    Use any of the features of the phone - that ususally drains mine pretty quickly.
    03-11-09 02:04 PM
    i actually just did this last night!!
    make a nice long phone call ( for instance if yor buddy has verizon and you do too, and you both arent doing anyhitng, just let hte phone idle during a call,)
    - once you DO drain it and it says something like, battery drained and device is shutting down, let it. pull the battery and let it boot up.
    -once it boots up, it will IMMEDIATELY say the same message... pull battery again
    - this time, it wont boot back up all the way and will shut back off..
    - i just kept pulling the battery so that the little red light didnt even come on
    - even after the red light wouldnt come on, i STILL kept pulling it to ensure COMPLETE drainage of the battery..
    -- then plug in to charger and let charge at least 10 hours (EVEN if the battery says 100%, if there is still a lightning bolt its NOT fully charged!!)
    -- after the bolt is gone, do one more battery pull (with the phone still plugged in)
    -- this has SIGNIFICANTLY increased my battery life today, i start use at around 9am and by now im at least down to 55-60%.. hoever right now i am at 85% with textin off and on all morning.
    03-11-09 02:12 PM
    i actually just did this last night!!
    make a nice long phone call ( for instance if yor buddy has verizon and you do too, and you both arent doing anyhitng, just let hte phone idle during a call,)
    - once you DO drain it and it says something like, battery drained and device is shutting down, let it. pull the battery and let it boot up.
    -once it boots up, it will IMMEDIATELY say the same message... pull battery again
    - this time, it wont boot back up all the way and will shut back off..
    - i just kept pulling the battery so that the little red light didnt even come on
    - even after the red light wouldnt come on, i STILL kept pulling it to ensure COMPLETE drainage of the battery..
    -- then plug in to charger and let charge at least 10 hours (EVEN if the battery says 100%, if there is still a lightning bolt its NOT fully charged!!)
    -- after the bolt is gone, do one more battery pull (with the phone still plugged in)
    -- this has SIGNIFICANTLY increased my battery life today, i start use at around 9am and by now im at least down to 55-60%.. hoever right now i am at 85% with textin off and on all morning.

Hey Thanks!!!
    This worked great!!
    03-11-09 05:40 PM
    install OS .103....then watch the battery go
    03-11-09 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD