What are the best screen settings for the storm for fast typers? Are the higher (500) numbers better or are the lower ones better? Also does tap interval help?
    01-05-09 12:30 AM
    You want to have it set at 100/100/high

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 12:33 AM
    Thnx I'll try that.
    01-05-09 12:39 AM
    What do the difference in the numbers mean though?
    01-05-09 12:58 AM
    Thanks buddy,

I set my phone to 100 100 and it made a world of difference.
    01-05-09 03:11 AM
    Yea, if you check out the storm Wiki it explains these terms. It is like a time representation. So the lower the number the less time it takes to show a response. Also the key rate should be put on high for fast typing. Here is a link to the article.

BlackBerry Storm Wiki: Tweaking
    01-05-09 06:14 AM
    Yep, 100, 100 for me.
    01-05-09 06:21 AM
    What do the difference in the numbers mean though?
    The difference in the numbers is the response time. This means how long should the computer wait until it responds to the next entry. Instead of seeing it a 100 to 500...think of it as "1 second to wait to respond" to "5 seconds to wait to respond". So depending on your preference, if you type fast, then you want a lower setting response time. Conversely, if you're still learning to maneuver, then you want it on a higher (or rather, longer) response time so that you can see what it is you're actually doing.

I'm not sure of the actual time measurement, but it probably is in mili-seconds. (I have a Harmony universal remote and had to immerse myself into said, similar numbers to co-ordinate at which moment a particular device had to turn on, turn off, and/or switch operations all within a second.)

* Tap Interval = wait time between each time you press down on the screen.
    If you type fast, then you want a shorter (lower) response time.

* Hoover Interval = wait time once a letter is highlighted to present you other options.
    How long do you want to wait while hovering over a letter to give you other option presented on your screen? For example, if you open your keyboard and hover over the letter "c", in a moment you'll see two other options. If you type slow, then you do not want a shorter (lower) response time or else you will have options continuously popping up while you are contemplating about your next letter to type.
    01-05-09 06:57 AM
    wow wat a difference, i had it at like 300/250/high and typed like a second grader

100/100/high is phenominal compared to that
    01-05-09 07:14 AM
    wow you explained that perfectly @ Touch. I changed my settings too. 100.100.6 and I'm vibing with the difference. Thanks!
    04-26-10 09:16 PM
    Thanks for the informations.
    04-27-10 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD