02-25-09 05:04 PM
65 123
tools
    I found this recommended by another blog. Anyone ever try them. Amzer® Anti-Glare Screen Protector For BlackBerry Storm 9530.
    02-04-09 10:07 AM
    Invisible Shield all the way. They even sell them at Best Buy. You will pay a little more for it ($20) but you won't ever have to replace it. Watch for internet sales, they sometimes have 50% off sales, that's when I usually buy them.
    I went to Best Buy to buy a full body silcone skin after the first drop and slide of the phone in the parking lot and bought the Invisible Shield on a whim. I was a bit leary since it was $14.95 at BB but the sales person said she had one on her Ipod touch and it had a lifetime warranty for any scratch.

I love it so much I went back and bought the full body from the Zagg website. I am rough on phones and figured after the first drop and scratch that I would need it at some point. Full body does come with a screen protector so I put that on my wife's storm.
    02-04-09 11:03 AM
    I'm using Phantom Skinz right now and I don't think I'll order from them again. I've ordered two sets of two and all four protectors have short weird lines in them that you can see at certain angles. I like how thin it is and I like the texture but I don't understand the lines.

I'll probably try BSE next. I've used IS before but the edges collect too much dust for me.
    02-04-09 11:05 AM
    the lines are from whatever you used as a squeegee cut into the shield and left marks i used to have GA and the crappy squeegee they gave me actually cut into the shield with little lines and i put a lot of solution on the squeegee oh well now i have the Seidio Innocase I (its going back for the Innocase II ) and a Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard and LOVE the combo i also have the clip its Seidio heaven
    02-04-09 11:24 PM
    I purchased Ghost Armor for my Storm and had it on for about two months.

Then, last week, I was on a cruise, and while laying in the sun, got some overspray from suntan lotion on it. It would not come off the Ghost Armor, no matter what I tried.

I had to remove the Ghost Armor, which I did by heating it up first and then gently trying to pull it off. That thing is stuck on there VERY tight. Now, my screen is totally bonkers, and unusable due to the touch sensitivity being wacked from pulling off the highly sticky Ghost Armor.

I've got a new storm coming tomorrow because I can't use it in it's current state.

IMO - stay away from any protectors that are "glued" onto the screen.
    02-05-09 09:49 AM
    yea, but they leave a ton of bubbles that won't come off. It is a pain to put on and I followed the instructions to a T. Way too user "unfriendly. May be very strong and durable, but anoying as heck.
    02-06-09 05:49 PM
    I have switched to the BoxWave AntiGlare protector and after some hesitation, I LOVE it.

Almost zero fingerprinting.

It is NOT crystal clear (I used the BoxWave clear protector initially), so that may bother some (noticeable on white screens more than dark, but so nice to flick, scroll etc (just enough texture to improve overall function.)

And did I mention the lack of fingerprints (LOL).

Plus, dry application for those of you wrried about getting the storm wet.
    02-06-09 05:55 PM
    Writeshield is the way to go. Very easy to install, way way way better that invisibleshield which I've used and removed before. No need to wet it unlike invisibleshield.
    02-06-09 06:14 PM
    Where did you get the seidio covers from?
    02-06-09 06:34 PM
    Where did you get the seidio covers from?
    seidioonline.com

02-08-09 02:31 PM
    I use automotive paint protection films which is clear and extremely durable. It is about 6 mil thick but when installed, it is hardly noticeable. Feels very thin. Doesn't scratch and takes a lot of abuse.

I pre-cut this to just slightly smaller than the original plastic protection for easier installation. If anyone is interested, I can sell you one shipped for $7.00 or two for $10.00. I will also include my directions on how to install it so you won't get air bubbles. Please post a response to this thread or PM me if interested.

You can do a search under paint protection films to find out more about this extremely durable clear material.
    02-08-09 03:01 PM
    A vote for BSE. I've had them on all of my electronics. Works great, very durable. I don't know how it affects the capacitive screens though.
    02-08-09 05:29 PM
    You dont need a screen protector. try the following: take a key and try to scratch the screen. it just does not scratch!! nice!!!
    02-08-09 05:30 PM
    Where do you get writeshield?
    02-10-09 09:39 AM
    Huge PIA to put on (steamy bathroom, surgical gloves, spray shield, squeegee with gloved hand) but looks and feels great. Only used the shield on screen and other glossy parts. Few prints and no scratches after several weeks.
    02-10-09 10:27 AM
    Here's another vote for Invisible Shield from Zagg. I got a promotional code on the boards here somewhere and got the full-body kit for 50% off. While it's not a breeze to put on, it's not terribly difficult either. They also have videos on their website with tips and techniques. Mine came out really well with no bubbles or creases. The only real "problem" is that they recommend leaving the phone off for 12 hours after application, but I did mine on a Sunday night. One of my friends put their screen shield on his iPhone and it really kept those annoying finger smudges off, so I decided to give it a shot with my BB. I figured I might as well get the full-body kit since it only cost like 12 bucks with the promo code and I'm not regretting it. It acts as a case without bulking it up, and it gives a nice grip to it too. Finger smudges come off real easy.
    02-10-09 10:51 AM
    I put a Ghost Armor Full Body on my phone a couple weeks ago. Been very happy with it. Less of an orange peel look IMO than the Invisible Shield I had on my Curve. It's not as tacky as the IS IMO either, it's kind of nice for the touch screen, no sticking to the screen, still feels smooth.
    02-10-09 10:55 AM
    I use the Invisible Shield by Zagg. Have the entire kit installed. It is IMPRESSIVE but there are some drawbacks.
    1) It makes the phone hard to slide in and out of the charging cradle but it can be done.
    2) The phone will adhere to any surface...this can be a PITA on occasion. i.e..the OEM case is difficult to use. I bought an aftermarket nylon (Cordura) case and it works great.
    3) Installing it requires surgical skills. JK...but have clean hands, tweezers, a small bowl of water, a clean surface that can get slightly wet (glass is best .. or laminate), a lint free small cloth and about 30 - 45 minutes of uninterrupted time.

The +'s far outweigh the -'s. The Zagg shield is tough, very very tough. Additionally, it seems that my finger glides over the Zagg screen really easily as opposed to "dragging" a bit on the BB Screen protector. The phone is also protected completely against any scratches. There are openings for all controls and the camera. Even the keys are protected. My phone was knocked off a table and survived. Still worked and no knicks, scratches or blemishes. Very higly recommended if you can tolerate the change in the "feel" of it.
    02-10-09 11:00 AM
    i have the one from Seidio on mine and it is amazing, try it out. Its easy to apply as well
    02-10-09 12:22 PM
    I use the ones sold right here at CB. They come in a three pack for $14.95 and they are excellent. They are very easy to install, don't require any water, etc. and can be removed easily, but only when YOU want to do so. They don't slide around at all, etc. The best thing is they are anti-glare and VERY finger print resistant. They have a rather satiny feel to them and I've had absolutely no screen response issues at all. You can remove them, clean them and re-apply them as well. I've tried the PhantomSkinz (my 2nd choice), Ghost Armour and InvisiShield as well. These are superior IMO.
    02-10-09 01:11 PM
    I got the ZAGG one when they were 50% off. It's very good. Infact i thought it made scrolling even more effortless on the scree because my finger just slidddddes across the screen with it on.

The only downfall is that it gives off a bit of a glare.
    02-10-09 01:17 PM
    I accidentally had 2 or 3 screen protectors on my storm at one time. I didn't realize mine came with a thick screen protector. But I had a pack of three that I got from the store. I've gone through two (they're not that thick) but I've had the same thick one on for a while and it works. Theres just some dust under the protector I think because I had a loose corner.
    02-10-09 02:34 PM
    Got Best Skins Ever on mine. Full armor...

Same thing as Ghost Armor or Inivisble Shield but 1/3 of the cost.

Installed my mine the other night and its great!

FYI, if you do get one, take your time, with it, and use a hair dryer to help speed of the process when applying and contouring the ends.

02-10-09 03:01 PM
    Got Best Skins Ever on mine. Full armor...

Same thing as Ghost Armor or Inivisble Shield but 1/3 of the cost.

Installed my mine the other night and its great!

FYI, if you do get one, take your time, with it, and use a hair dryer to help speed of the process when applying and contouring the ends.

How does it look on the chrome? I'm tempted to get it just for that. I already have a screen protector but have been using cases for the rest.
    02-10-09 03:12 PM
    I still have the one that came with phone on...3 months and counting ;-)
    02-10-09 03:21 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD