So I plan on getting a storm this weekend (will be my first smart phone). One reason I'm getting one is for my 2 hours I sit on the train to into downtown Chicago 4 days a week.

I enjoy listening to the radio but reception is bad on the train. Is there an app or do you think I will be able to stream audio from stations websites usin the browser?

I notice Iphone has tones of free radio streaming apps...but I only saw XM for *$7.99 a month (but I don't need comercial free.. I just want to get a few stations in the Chicago Area).

I like both AM talk radio and more pop music.

Any ideas?

Chris
    11-19-08 11:51 AM
    check the main crackberry page...there is a brand new app
    11-19-08 12:30 PM
    I asked the XM people, XM on the Storm is not yet available

However, assuming the builtin Web browser can deal with an audio stream, then you can goto xmradio.com and click "Listen now" You need to register with them, but its free.

Also, since you're from Chicago and like talk radio, wcpt850.com also has a "Listen Live"

Hope that helps, Larry
    11-19-08 01:40 PM
    I hope Sirius/XM will work with the browser. How sweet will that be?
    11-19-08 02:14 PM
    Does tuned.mobi work on a BB? I use it on my Q to stream Waddle and Silvy on ESPN 1000! But be careful...

Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games;
    11-19-08 02:31 PM
    not too sweet if you don't have unlimted data...data on streams is very large and costly.
    11-19-08 02:31 PM
    FlyCast will do the trick. Over 1,000 channels and you can't beat the price...FREE.
    11-19-08 03:13 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this.
    11-19-08 03:33 PM
    I like moodio, also free.

go to Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio on your computer, set up a free account and add radio stations to it.

Then go to m.moodio.fm on your BB and log in, and voila. Gotta have OS 4.5 though.
    11-19-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD