Getting my Storm 2 soon and want to know what the best sort of protection is for it?
    06-19-10 01:10 AM
    I actually think the screen protectors that the verizon store sells are pretty good. I also like one of the cases and holsters they have. It's a case that covers mostly the back of the device and can slide into a holster (it's ribbed on the back - sorry best way I can describe it). I don't use the holster at all and it fits in my pocket fine. The main reason I use it is because I would rather use nothing but this case allows me to grip the phone better and not drop it.
    06-19-10 06:17 AM
    OtterBOX is probably the most bulletproof. But honestly, I just use a gel case I bought from Big Lots for $5. It was for an S1 by a "generic" company, can't remember the name. Fits the S2 fine, had to cut out the hole on the bottom for the mic and enlarge the charging hole on the left because the charger kept falling out. Wasn't seated in all the way because of the case. It's not one of the flimsy rubber gel cases, this is flexible but heavy duty plastic.

And I've never used a screen protector since I saw the video of the S1 with the screen being abuse with nails, knives etc. etc. without problem. Scratches are not a problem with the screen. Carelessness is. Dropping it could and probably will cause damage to the screen (unless you're lucky)
    06-19-10 06:36 AM
    i use the otter box defender case. you can find it on amazon for a reasonable price...i have dropped mine a couple of times with no problems, i also use the screen protectors from vzw... its your call on them but some swear by them
    06-19-10 06:58 AM
    i use the otter box defender case. you can find it on amazon for a reasonable price...i have dropped mine a couple of times with no problems, i also use the screen protectors from vzw... its your call on them but some swear by them
    I agree 110%!!!! I love my otter box and my screen protector. I put my phone in my pocket the other day and forgot my keys were in there and the key gashed the protector and never touched the screen.
    06-19-10 07:03 AM
    Case Mate Barely There. It's very thin, lightweight and slips in and out of your pocket nicely.
    06-19-10 07:31 AM
    Case Mate Barely There. It's very thin, lightweight and slips in and out of your pocket nicely.
    Couldn't agree more...plus you can add a little color to your phone...black can be so boring!
    06-19-10 07:34 AM
    Otterbox Defender. I cant wait to get it for my 9700. Heres a good deal on one for you.

OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE for BLACKBERRY STORM 2 STORM2 on eBay.ca (item 330442168539 end time 11-Jul-10 15:14:12 EDT)

$27 with shipping included.
    06-19-10 07:40 AM
    invisible shield ftw! really great
    06-19-10 08:20 AM
    Invisible shield and silicone cover
    06-19-10 08:21 AM
    Otterbox Defender. I cant wait to get it for my 9700. Heres a good deal on one for you.

OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE for BLACKBERRY STORM 2 STORM2 on eBay.ca (item 330442168539 end time 11-Jul-10 15:14:12 EDT)

$27 with shipping included.
    thats a good price, i paid 30 for mine in a store... i take it off on the weekends just to get a reminder of how small my phone really is...
    06-19-10 09:03 AM
    I agree 110%!!!! I love my otter box and my screen protector. I put my phone in my pocket the other day and forgot my keys were in there and the key gashed the protector and never touched the screen.
    the only time i put mine in my pocket is on the weekends when its not in the case, but on the weekends i generally dont have my keys in my pocket lol
    06-19-10 09:04 AM
    I never tried invisible shield but I'm betting ghost armor is pretty comparable. They put it on for me at the mall for like 20 something dollars I think? It protects the phone but keeps it looking sexy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 09:38 AM
    I have a full body Zagg Invisible Shield and RIM OEM Leather holster. This combo is the best protection for me.

1. Zagg Invisible: Complete protection, no scratches, oleophobic (no visible fingerprints), easy to clean, retains original form factor, docks easily to the desk charger.
    2. OEM Leather Holster: Magnetic close, instant sleep, No added bulk, fashionable (I know some people will disagree)
    06-19-10 10:06 AM
    If anyone is still looking, Newegg sells the Otterbox cases. I got my Commuter from them for $20. Looks like it's $22 now plus $3 to ship, which is still a great deal!

Newegg.com - Otter Box Commuter TL Case for BlackBerry Storm2 9550 and 9520 (RBB4-9550S-20-C5OTR)
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 06-21-10 at 11:10 PM. Reason: oops!
    06-21-10 11:09 PM
    I say otterbox all the way i have the commuter and it save my storm2 numerous times on concrete.
    06-21-10 11:14 PM
    Going to give another +1 to the commuter.

I have both the commuter and defender but I use the commuter more. The only problem I have with the Defender is the holster lets go of the phone too easily. I recently lost a S2 out in the woods because of that and had to get an insurance replacement. But wherever it is I am sure it is still well protected........
    06-21-10 11:23 PM
    Ditto here on the Commuter, have dropped it several times, once on concrete and once on my tile floor, both survived, my tour with its thin slicone case did not survive a drop on concrete--- unless you're a firefighter or LEO, I think the defender might be overkill--- good job otterbox!
    06-21-10 11:39 PM
    Otterbox is nice but for those of us who prefer to wear it on our belts it doesn't work out too well. Like you guys said it slips out too often

I want a case that goes on my belt but options are few, I found a sleeve it can go into but it leaves the nekid feeling when its out of the case
    06-22-10 07:10 AM
    I got one of the blackberry made skins, I must say they fit very well, but it doesn't protect the face of the blackberry very well as in the part with the bb logo.
    06-22-10 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD