So I was at a Best Buy getting a new InvisibleShield for my other Berry and I ended up upselling a Storm to a kid that loved touch screens and wanted e-mails...

anyway that's not the best part.. While I was waiting to be rung up / so they could apply the IS I was talking to one of the mobile guys and he was like "I just replaced someones Samsung Instinct because there was a hardware malfunction where static would build up in the screen and wouldn't work. The customer showed me the remedy he had been using which was to take a piece of scotch tape apply it to the screen and pull it off really quickly...than it would work for a few hours."

Anyone else thing that is the strangest defect ever?
    05-17-09 11:14 AM
    LMAO. Another win for the Instinct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 11:44 AM
    actually sounds like the way we clean the fingerprint readers at work if they aren't picking up. The company says to use a piece of scotch tape to clean it off using exactly that method & it actually does work!
    05-17-09 11:55 AM
    dope story, yo. sounds like that kid really likes his fresh new phone.
    05-17-09 01:09 PM
    dope story, yo. sounds like that kid really likes his fresh new phone.
    Word up, homie.
    05-17-09 11:35 PM
    I have heard of static build up being a problem with touch interfaces in the past but I have not heard about it being a problem with any recent touch interface devices and I have definitely never heard of this as a remedy.
    Good to know if it really works and is ever needed.
    05-19-09 12:41 PM
    I use scotch tape to remove dog hair off my clothes and fingerprints off the cars i break into.......

Whoops....

I mean....to wrap Christmas gifts with

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD