I'm new to the Blackberry World, the Storm is my first.
    I haven't synced my BB to my PC yet because I want to make sure I have a really good program to sync it with. (I just got my BB on the 19th)

So, do you have any suggestions?
    01-30-09 06:23 PM
    Desktop Manager 4.7 (shipped with your Storm) is the only program that I know of you can use to sync...
    01-30-09 06:30 PM
    What about outlook?
    Is that good?
    I'm debating outlook, thunderbird (not sure if you can), and the desktop manager.
    01-30-09 10:38 PM
    ...There is only ONE that you can use. Desktop manager.
    01-30-09 11:02 PM
    Outlook is good for holding the info, but Desktop manager is needed to sync with outlook.
    01-31-09 12:24 AM
    Ugh... could you guys explain this a little more for me?
    This is my first blackberry...
    Or should I just sync and let the comp tell me?
    01-31-09 03:44 PM
    Imo, you don't need a phone like this if you don't follow instructions...

In your BB box, there is a cd with the Blackberry Desktop Manager Software on it. Install that program. That and only that program can let you sync your storm. Outlook is an e-mail program and organizes your contacts. The only program that exists to sync your storm is the Desktop Manager. As far as getting info from Outlook on your storm, I'm not positive how to do that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:52 PM
    I love instructions! I actually read them. My bb box had general bb phone tips though.
    I already installed everything, someone told me that I had to pick the program to sync my blackberry with.
    01-31-09 03:56 PM
    What you are asking is what program can put your personal info on the phone, yes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 04:33 PM
    The BB will typically synch to your computer automatically without any program. This will allow the user to open up a folder for both the onboard memory and media card.

To backup up customization, personal settings and contacts, the application, Desktop Manager, can be downloaded onto your computer either with the included cd or by going to Desktop Manager section at BlackBerry.

The Desktop Manager (DM) will give you a convenient menu with 5 options including backup, applications, media and synchronize (with Outlook & others)
    01-31-09 04:58 PM
    OH!
    OK, thanks for explaining.
    Yeah, someone told me I had to pick outlook OR desktop manager!
    Thank you so much!
    I love my storm
    I'm going to go sync now
    01-31-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD