I am getting my unlocked Storm 2 later this week. What is the best OS for the Storm 2 while running on the T-Mobile network?
    02-07-11 06:42 PM
    The best one is .713, but other will swear by.517!
    02-08-11 01:55 AM
    I'm using .1015 here in the Great White North on the Rogers Network without any issues at all for a couple of months now. Try different releases of OS and see which one works best for you.
    02-08-11 07:12 AM
    Both the .517 and .713 are two of the best for the storm 2. They don't have any glitches like the others that were released after. I'm personally running the .713 with a hybrid and I'm loving it. Good luck and hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 10:28 AM
    +1 for 517....713 has robot-voice, 1015 has broken bedside mode and open GL. Pick your poison I guess.
    02-08-11 11:20 AM
    I am running base .607 in the south.
    smooth and no battery drain or issues.
    been running it for MONTHS!
    02-08-11 12:32 PM
    The .607 had bluetooth and video playback issues along with keyboard lag. In retrospect .320 runs better.
    02-08-11 01:38 PM
    The .607 had bluetooth and video playback issues along with keyboard lag. In retrospect .320 runs better.
    +1 that 607 sucks too.

320???? ugh, laggy and the home screen icon doesn't update. 451 is a great one to run!
    02-08-11 01:42 PM
    You should use a hybrid anyway, which will speed up your browser among other things, but most will fix the bedside mode, etc. The best I have found for my 9550 on t-mobile is 5.0.0.1015 with BBTweaks 9550 Hybrid v1015.4.0 (w/ OS 6 files).

Here is a post I had in another thread that may help.

I bought a used 9550 from a coworker, unlocked it and have been using it on t-mobile for a while now. Some things to keep in mind, obviously you'll only get EDGE, no 3G. The phone just doesn't support t-mobile's 3G. Also, be prepared that it's just not going to work 100% like a phone from t-mo would. You'll need to play around with the settings. If you're not getting full EDGE try no APN. I have problems sometimes with the EDGE coming in and out to edge, in an area where I know the signal is strong. I have to go into Mobile Network Options and turn off/on the Data Services and then it's back. Kind of annoying, but I love the 9550 so much I'm willing to put up with it. I have also tried different OS's and Hybrids, and the best I have found for my 9550 on t-mo is OS 5.0.0.1015 with BBTweaks 9550 Hybrid v1015.4.0. Other than that good luck and let me know how it works out.

To set up set up data services (EDGE only) on the 9630, you can use the same settings as the Blackberry Storm (9500 series).

Switch To GSM/EDGE from default settings of 1X/EVDO:
    Menu> Options> Mobile Network> Network Technology> Change Network Technology to GSM/UMTS> Change network Mode to 2G

Register the Device to initiate Service Book downloads:
    Options> Advanced Options> Host Routing Table> Press Menu> Select Register Now
    MUST HAVE DATA SUBSCRITPION FOR SERVICE BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD

If necessary, service books can be sent via MyTmobile: (Email Service Books only)

1. Log into MyT-Mobile.com from computer
    2. Set the phone Model to Blackberry 9780 fromy T-Mobile
    3. Click the Link Set up Blackberry Internet Email or go to Conenct and Share and then Configure email
    4. Enter the PIN and IMEI
    **To fin PIN and IMEI go to Options and then Status
    5. Enter a VALID email address and Password (this is optional, if you don't want to set up email, select Cancel)
    6. On the Left Column select SERVICE BOOKS
    7. Send Service Books

Then cancel location in iHLR and pull battery. Leave out for approx 1 min and then power up.

Check Device APN:
    1. Options
    2. Adv. Options
    3. Select TCP:
    *APN: epc.tmobile.com
    * Username and Password BLANK
    4. Save Settings

Enable your browser:

Options> Adv options> Browser Settings> Set all browser settings to T-Mobile

Note: Default MDS Browser- may no be accessable on the first attempt. power off the device, cancel location, power on and check again.

Test Connections: you should now see new icons on the screen (They may say WAP)
    02-10-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD