02-08-09 12:48 PM
32 12
tools
    so is it more stable than .75? how many times did it crash on you compared to the .75. and why do we need to "pull" in order for it to work somewhat... and "pull" again...
    I don't recall either one of them crashing on me. I will say though that I only ran .75 for a day or two after I got the phone. It was too slow for me.
    02-08-09 02:03 AM
    I've had my issues with .90, but everything I'm seeing in the .99 Findings thread sounds a lot worse than what I am experiencing. My phone has seemed to stabilize with time on .90. I had a bunch of random freezes and reboots the next day, but now they're less frequent, probably one every other day. I know that doesn't sound like a fun thing, but I am addicted to how much faster my phone functions on .90 than .75 that I couldn't go back.
    02-08-09 03:16 AM
    I'm on .99

.90 was OK but over time more problems seemed to manifest themselves than with any of the other OS I've installed.
    02-08-09 07:44 AM
    Ever since the first week I got the Storm i have taken every leak and tested until the next came out.---Side note, this is like crack, I need a new leak!---
    I found less and less crashing problems with each but other quarks with everyone as well.

.90 camera was horrible, it shut off and locked on rotation of the phone when trying to unlock and answer a text from unlock, it also appeared to have shut off in my pocket several times a week.

.99--- the unlock problem is fixed with waiting 30 secs, the camera rocks, still freezes a little but battery pulls were probably decreased by 50%

Get quickpull, no BB should be w/o it ---
    and upgrade to .99, especially if you are rockin the stock model
    02-08-09 07:56 AM
    .99 by far. I had many lock ups and reboots with .90. Plus the not being able to stream from Moodio was the real kill on .90. The only time I have had to pull the battery on .99 is when I use my 3rd party wall power cord. For some season it locks up the touch screen. The original power cord works fine. .99 does seem a slight slower than .90, but I'll take that.
    02-08-09 08:32 AM
    So which is safer to go with?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    safer is by far .99

it will run smoother and faster than .75 plus you will never have to do a battery pull except for memory leakage.

you will have your problems with both but its almost 5 to1 if not worse when you compare .90 to .99

if you are not able too keep ontop of problems that come up and if yuo not the most tech savey person .99 is by far the best
    02-08-09 09:09 AM
    So you think .99 is the better of the two?
    Yes, I think that OS .99 is the better of the two. It is a more stable build for me than the .90 build. With the .90 build I was experiencing a couple random resets every 1-2 days but with .99 I haven't experienced one. Also .90 way be a little bit faster than .99 but the difference isn't that huge (1-2 secs). The camera in .99 works and saves pictures without any problems but the camera in .90 needs settings changed or can freeze at times. The battery life with .99 has been good for me. I can usually get 3-4 days from a single charge with heavy usage. The app memory is also pretty good. I started with 46.3 MB when I installed .99 and now 156 hours later my device is showing 32.5 MB. As for battery pulls, I have only had to do one since installing the OS. This was the battery pull I did when finished installing the new OS to make sure any residual files that might have been left from the installation were removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 12:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD