I was curious what people think is the best OS with a c*apload of applications on their Storm. I've used every OS that has been leaked since day 1 and I'd have to say that .90 & .103 have been the best at handling so many 3rd party applications with a slight edge to .103.

What's everybody have and what are your thoughts?

Current 3rd Party Applications:

AP Mobile News, BBMem, Bolt, Facebook, Google Maps, Google Sync, Poynt, QuickPull, Slacker, Slydial, Talklock, The Hockey News, Viigo, Vlingo, WeatherBug, Youtube

I don't know games affect performance, so I included them as well.

GAMES: TouchBubbles, Marble Trap, Nintaii, Tiltris, MiaPuzzle, Solytare
    02-14-09 03:47 PM
    I currently have 10 3rd party apps and 4 games installed on my storm. I have noticed that the .103 build has been pretty good with handling these apps also. I have 3 of these apps running at all times and my app memory is always good. I start out with 47.6 MB with a fresh reboot and by the end of the day I still have around 38-39 MB left. This current build is also solid while working with them. I haven't experience any sluggishness using or keeping them open while using other apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:53 PM
    Wow......47.6 mb on a fresh reboot. That's amazing. The highest I ever get is around 32 mg. It's crazy how each phone is different. I average around 26mg most of the time.
    02-14-09 05:05 PM
    Wow......47.6 mb on a fresh reboot. That's amazing. The highest I ever get is around 32 mg. It's crazy how each phone is different. I average around 26mg most of the time.
    DOn't think it is a "phone" issue.

Maybe an OS/app issue.

All 5 of mine have rebooted well over 40.

If you did not remove the sample pics that would get you close to 5mgs alone.
    02-14-09 06:04 PM
    Stupid question here. How do you check how much available memory you currently have?
    02-14-09 06:14 PM
    Stupid question here. How do you check how much available memory you currently have?
    Options, then memory
    02-14-09 06:20 PM
    DOn't think it is a "phone" issue.

Maybe an OS/app issue.

All 5 of mine have rebooted well over 40.

If you did not remove the sample pics that would get you close to 5mgs alone.
    I can't get mine unlocked. Any suggestions?

I just found a thread to delete the pics.........never mind.
    Last edited by RiNwln; 02-14-09 at 06:42 PM.
    02-14-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD