My Storm is set to arrive today before 3:00 and it will be my first "portable music playing device". I've been researching music download sites and haven't found one that stands out yet. Here are my requirements:

Ability to play songs on Storm
    Ability to play the same songs on my wife's LG Chocolate
    Ability to play popular music (not indie)

Nice to haves:
    Unlimited music (not pay per song)
    $16.00/mo or less

Thanks in advance for the guidance!
    11-28-08 10:39 AM
    I use Rhapsody to Go. $14.99/month, unlimited access. Let's me play subscription-based content on up to 3 computers and up to 3 devices under one subscription. It's got most of the music I listen too. Current stuff, old stuff, even some obscure stuff. I sync it with my Storm, a Sansa player and a Creative Vision:W player. I can even stream tunes from my PC's library over my home network to my Pioneer Elite receiver in my home theater. Quality, for the most part, is good. Occasionaly I run across a track or two that had some encoding problems. The only catch is that your devices must support "Plays For Sure" licensing. Not familiar enough with the LG Chocolate to know if that's compatible. Your mileage may vary, but for me Rhapsody is a winner. Check it out at Rhapsody.com.
    11-28-08 11:33 AM
    I use Rhapsody to Go. $14.99/month, unlimited access. Let's me play subscription-based content on up to 3 computers and up to 3 devices under one subscription. It's got most of the music I listen too. Current stuff, old stuff, even some obscure stuff. I sync it with my Storm, a Sansa player and a Creative Vision:W player. I can even stream tunes from my PC's library over my home network to my Pioneer Elite receiver in my home theater. Quality, for the most part, is good. Occasionaly I run across a track or two that had some encoding problems. The only catch is that your devices must support "Plays For Sure" licensing. Not familiar enough with the LG Chocolate to know if that's compatible. Your mileage may vary, but for me Rhapsody is a winner. Check it out at Rhapsody.com.
    I am thinking of doing this, but does the Rhapsody/Verizon thing work yet? Can you buy songs from your Storm?

Edit: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Stang68; 11-28-08 at 11:46 AM.
    11-28-08 11:41 AM
    I like ruckus. But you need a college email address and then you have to convert the music.
    11-28-08 11:52 AM
    does rhapsody work with ipod/itunes?
    11-28-08 11:55 AM
    does rhapsody work with ipod/itunes?
    It depends. If you buy the tracks from Rhapsody (about $.99 per track) I think they're just normal MP3's and you can sync them to an iPod through iTunes. But the Rhapsody To Go service is not currently compatible with iPods because Apple (for obvious reasons) doesn't support DRM protected WMA (Windows Media Audio) files. With Rhapsody to Go, you download your tracks in WMA format, which are secured by DRM (Window's Digital Rights Management) and then you "license" them through your PC and the client software for whatever device you're transferring them to. As long as you occasionally connect your device to your PC and open up the Rhapsody client, the track licenses on your device won't expire.
    11-28-08 12:13 PM
    Verizon is charging up to 1.99 per song on the storm.... Way too much.

Try Amazon .. They have a decent MP3 selection... And some good PC software. I wonder if verizon would allow an Amazon store on the storm
    .?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD