What does everyone think the best holster for the Storm is? I already have a silicone cover but I want a belt clip where I can easily access the phone but one that holds it securely at my waist at the same time. Any suggestions? I don't know how to use ebay so I would prefer something at the VZW store or somewhere like that. I also want to make sure it works with the holster mode.
    03-07-09 10:50 PM
    What does everyone think the best holster for the Storm is? I already have a silicone cover but I want a belt clip where I can easily access the phone but one that holds it securely at my waist at the same time. Any suggestions? I don't know how to use ebay so I would prefer something at the VZW store or somewhere like that. I also want to make sure it works with the holster mode.
    I am using the sleep holster that came with my 8830. The storm fits in it perfectly.
    03-07-09 11:35 PM
    I am using the sleep holster that came with my 8830. The storm fits in it perfectly.
    Absolutely! I bought the one at VZW for the Storm when I bought my phone, and I don't even use it.

My 8330 curve holster is perfect fit, and much nicer.

You can find em on ebay for less than $11 w/Free shipping
    BlackBerry OEM Leather Holster Case For Curve 8310 8330 - eBay (item 370167434093 end time Apr-01-09 12:53:39 PDT)
    03-07-09 11:46 PM
    haha the only reason i dont use ebay is one time a few years ago when i tried to sell something, someone in russia took $400 out of my bank account at 4am. i went to the bank in the morning and they said "did you lose your atm card? were you in russia today?" i gave her the eat ish and die look.
    03-08-09 12:06 AM
    Absolutely! I bought the one at VZW for the Storm when I bought my phone, and I don't even use it.

My 8330 curve holster is perfect fit, and much nicer.

You can find em on ebay for less than $11 w/Free shipping
    BlackBerry OEM Leather Holster Case For Curve 8310 8330 - eBay (item 370167434093 end time Apr-01-09 12:53:39 PDT)
    I like the sleep holster because when you put the phone in it there is no question. It auto locks and turns the display off. Kills 3 birds with one stone.
    1. Locks the phone to prevent accidental dialing.
    2. Turning the display off immediately saves on the battery life.
    3. Stylish leather holster conveniently Holds the phone securely.
    03-08-09 12:11 AM
    haha the only reason i dont use ebay is one time a few years ago when i tried to sell something, someone in russia took $400 out of my bank account at 4am. i went to the bank in the morning and they said "did you lose your atm card? were you in russia today?" i gave her the eat ish and die look.
    At that price they are practicley giving em away. I am temtped to pick another one up for a spare.
    03-08-09 12:22 AM
    How does it know when its in a holster?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 12:23 AM
    The magnet.

03-08-09 12:43 AM
    Just bought one. I had the OEM BB Storm one from VZW, but my dog chewed the bottom portion of it and it looks all ghetto now... ******* piece of **** ******* **** sucker *** dog.
    03-08-09 01:12 AM
    I use the leather holster made for the bold. My storm slides in and out easily unlike the one made for it that was so tight it put scratches on the screen. Also it let's me keep my BB gel skin on the phone. It won't fit in the original holster with the gel skin on.

03-08-09 01:37 AM
    Then buy at Amazon for even less, $9.96 (free ship over $25 or for prime members). Also other sellers at Amazon selling for about 10 bucks shipped as well, $10.38 lowest priced seller with good rep. Since I have Prime membership, sweet deal at $9.96 and 2 day ship.
    Last edited by Bob61; 03-08-09 at 08:25 AM.
    03-08-09 08:19 AM
    I have the leather holster with belt clip sold at VzW store. It is made by BlackBerry for the Storm and has the built-in magnet to put it to sleep mode. The quality is great and it does the job nicely. The leather is thick enough that if I drop it on the floor, it should provide enough cushion. The sales price is $25. But I got a discount and paid about $20.
    03-08-09 09:16 AM
    I personally love the otter box case. Agreed, it is kind of bulky, but i coach lacrosse on a dusty field and would not trust any other case to stop the dust from getting under the screen, not any other case to stop the phone being broken if i take a lacrosse ball to the leg.
    03-08-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD