Alright....so....

I emailed blackberry mobile and sent them a picture of the Verizon ad showing the $499 price. I told them i was not going to pay $100 more for a phone (The $599 price is found on their website.) I received the following response:

"we can not price match with ads on the web it has to be a paper ad from the store."

So if Verizon does indeed sell the Storm less than Best Buy does....we need to get a paper ad from the Verizon store.
    11-17-08 11:24 AM
    I dont understand the obsession with getting phones from best buy. If you dont like their price, just get it from verizon. Plus, then they have to honor your warranty. Verizon employees can be real a-holes if you have an issue on a phone that is not purchased from a corp store.

Just my 2 cents.
    11-17-08 11:28 AM
    No you go to the VZW store
    11-17-08 11:28 AM
    I called the Best Buy Mobile store that I put my deposit down at and they told me repeatedly (I called like 5 times) that they would match the VZW corp store OR online price as long as you can show proof. If they become difficult then I'll get my $50 back and go right down the street to VZW. If they don't have any, then online I go.
    11-17-08 11:31 AM
    I dont understand the obsession with getting phones from best buy. If you dont like their price, just get it from verizon. Plus, then they have to honor your warranty. Verizon employees can be real a-holes if you have an issue on a phone that is not purchased from a corp store.

Just my 2 cents.
    Reward points. I have never had an issue with issues on a phone not purchased at a corp store.
    11-17-08 11:32 AM
    Reward points. I have never had an issue with issues on a phone not purchased at a corp store.
    sounds like people just like to bash best buy for no reason other then justifying where they are buying the phone.
    11-17-08 11:37 AM
    I don't understand why you don't buy it at Verizon?
    11-17-08 11:43 AM
    yea. u can just get ur rebate and like u said verizon was down the street.
    11-17-08 11:43 AM
    I really hope that Best Buy does price match Verizon because I would like to buy from them just out of principle. I am really sick of the way Verizon deals with customers. After calling them and asking them questions about the "Pre-Holiday Sale" I get the "You don't qualify" response with no reason as to why. Then I get a list of requirements (all of which I meet) which can be found on other threads, and the excuse of "well if you qualified you'd have a flier right?". I called back several times and after dealing with different employees I either got a similar response, or "I don't know what you are talking about, it must not exist". Verizon wireless does not seem to care about its customers and if you say that to them you get "I'm sorry you feel that way, would you like to cancel your account?". They just really don't care.

If Best Buy offers the phone I will buy it from them just to take away that $519.99 from Verizon. If Best Buy can't price match... I'm stuck. I wish Verizon's technology matched that of T Mobile or ATT. If it did, I'm sure the storm could have potentially been released a while ago.
    11-17-08 11:46 AM
    point in fact though all major outlets tell you they only offer price match from local stores. if verizon has the phone in stock around you then get the verizon flyer and bring it in, they will call and confirm its availability then match it. nothing new had to do this a few times
    11-17-08 11:49 AM
    yea. u can just get ur rebate and like u said verizon was down the street.
    I put the $50 down to hold it at Best Buy because I didn't want to be left out in the cold come Friday and not be able to get one. I live in NYC and people tend to go a little crazy over new gadgets. If when I go to get my Storm at Best Buy thet still have them left at VZW then I'll purchase it there and get my $50 back from Best Buy. The VZW store here opens at 7AM Friday BUT I'm already at work at 6am. I'm not coming in late or taking the day off. 6AM-8AM are my busiest time of the day.
    11-17-08 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD