Website says a bunch of stores in NYC have them... stopped into one last night and they told me that they have none. What's the deal?
    11-22-08 11:24 AM
    I doubt its live inventory. No company is that good. And even if they were between the time u looked at the store and the time you showed up they could have been sold.
    11-22-08 11:31 AM
    Best Buy in Deptford, NJ got another shipment in this morning. I believe that they got 10 and 5 of them were set aside for existing pre-orders. I was able to pick up one and I believe they had 4 more remaining when I left the store about an hour ago. No lines at all. I may be worth a little effort to call around to a few Best Buy stores if you are still looking for one.
    11-22-08 11:39 AM
    Yesterday afternoon when I called the Best Buy near my office, they had them in stock and the website reflected that. Worth the phone call I guess.
    11-22-08 12:10 PM
    The website see's the ACTUAL inventory in the store but DOES NOT take into consideration the PRE-SALES they did as those are only taken out of inventory after fully purchased. That would be why some stores are listed online as IN STOCK but the store personnel are saying they dont have any available.
    11-22-08 01:56 PM
    one in brick nj got another shipment this morning. 7 preorders and 9 for sale
    11-22-08 03:49 PM
    If you order online for in store pick up and its not there, does best buy give you something for your trouble?
    11-22-08 03:58 PM
    If you order online for in store pick up and its not there, does best buy give you something for your trouble?

nope, i've had a few items i've tried instore pickup for. the only thing they do is ask if you would like to check other store inventories to see if there available. if its in another warehouse they ship it for free but thats about it
    11-22-08 04:02 PM
    nope, i've had a few items i've tried instore pickup for. the only thing they do is ask if you would like to check other store inventories to see if there available. if its in another warehouse they ship it for free but thats about it
    Circuit City gives you a $24 gift card on purchases over $24.
    11-22-08 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD