LOL !! Yeah man. My daughter and I were there. We were over playing Rock Band for a while too.
    lol thats funny cuz me and my friend kept goin back between phones and 360 games. I bet me and my friend walked by u and ur daughter a couple of times.
    11-09-08 02:17 AM
    I preodered mine on Friday and I was 2nd on the list at the Best Buy in Virginia Beach, VA. The sales rep told me that they are getting the phone on the 16th a week before Verizon stores because Best Buy has sold so many blackberries that RIM is allowing them to get the phone a week early. Who knows if this is true, but thats what the sales rep said.
    11-09-08 08:31 AM
    You guys are so lucky! Out here the Vodafone store people are totally oblivious.
    The Storm is presented on the Vodafone.nl website like it is the second coming or something and people in the store hardly know what the Storm is, one even suggested that it is an Apple Iphone especially for Vodafone... All he knew is that it will be released soon... no sh*t Sherlock! :P
    11-09-08 08:49 AM
    I think there could be some "truth" to that AngelBB. I was thinking why would bestbuy pre-order the blackberry storm if there was nothing in it for them. Then it dawned on me that either they are getting it first, not by much, or that they simply hopped on the hype bandwagon and are trying to increase there bottom line during the christmas season. Also I've noticed that there is no cut-off at BestBuy. So wouldn't they need to stop taking pre-orders at a certain point to actually order the phones in time for everyone who pre-ordered them to get them on launch day?
    11-09-08 08:51 AM
    CX said something like "trust me, Best Buy will not sell the phone before Verizon stores" if I remember right. I hope he's wrong haha.
    11-09-08 10:13 AM
    So I just went to my Best Buy store in Perrysburg, OH and I too also got to hold the Dummy Storm. I was a little worried about the look, size, and feel of the phone from the various pictures I have seen online. I don't know how others feel, but it just looked "clunky" in the pictures. After holding and seeing the phone I no longer feel this way whatsoever!!! The Storm is gorgeous, the chrome slanted edges makes this phone "pop."

The weight of the phone really made it seem like it was a solid device. I could definitely tell it was heavier than my curve but it was not anything excessive, just perfect...

I had fun clicking the screen and I really have no way to describe how it feels, just different and truly unique. I will say that I am little worried about the screen button sticking. It may just be the fact that I was using the dummy phone but it seemed like every once and awhile the screen would not pop back up as fast as the few other clicks I tried.

I read in a previous review about a small gap surround the screen, where dirt and grime could collect around and underneath the screen. I also noticed this and it could very well become a future problem. (But that is what the insurance plan is for)

In conclusion, after holding the phone I am now a thousand times more excited to get this phone. The release date cannot come fast enough...
    11-09-08 01:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD