Hello All

I'm new to this forum but have been a blackberry user for many years now.

Anyways, I walked into my local Best Buy today (I live in Chapel Hill, NC) to try out the Storm and was told that if I preordered w/ a $50 deposit I would recieve the Storm in 3 days. I was a little skeptical on whether the phone would arrive at the store so soon as I've been hearing that it's not likely to ship until the 15th (at least through Verizon's store). It was a refundable deposit so I went ahead and preordered. When I got home I called a few other BB's in my area to confirm the 3-day shipping estimate and they all maintained that the Storms would be available for pick-up in 3 days to only those who pre-order the phone.

I'm not sure if this means that BB was already expecting shipment on Dec.
    4th/5th or if they recieve a new shipment each time the phone is preordered. IN any event, I'm still a little skeptical and was curious if anyone has heard something similar from their local Best Buy. If this is true it may be worth checking into for those of you who have yet to order the Storm, as it would probably arrive faster than if you were to order it through Verizon. I'll make sure to post when my Storm comes in to let you all know if BB was telling the truth or just blowing smoke.
    12-01-08 07:22 PM
    best buy hate them or love them were the only stores to deliver on there promise a day late or not. its completely refundable like you said so whats the worst that happens, 3 days you decide not to wait any longer and get your money back. dont forget verizon upped there ship date est to the 8th so 3 days from today which is the 1st isnt that far fetched
    12-01-08 07:32 PM
    According to Best Buy.com, indeed Storm orders placed now will ship by Friday (although they don't specify which Firday, this a new deal as far as I know and it's safe to assume they mean 12/5).

This doesn't necessarily mean that those who ordered from Verizon will have theirs' shipped Friday, but it should give some hope by those who were told 12/15 and even 12/8.
    12-01-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD