Help me understand this logic.

A salesman saves a guy from making a bad purchase
    and that's unproffesional?

I would hope that if I was uninformed about a product that the salesman would steer me in the right direction. To me that's a great employee/salesman.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude I gotta ask. Do you own a Storm? I don't really care enough to research all your posts, so figured I'd just ask here.
    01-16-09 04:38 PM
    Nice Reversal...I do ignore many of the posts and focus on the ones that I am interested in. My Storm has actually been fine since I got it on 11/25/2008.
    01-16-09 04:55 PM
    I fixed your comment to more directly reflect the reality of what we are talking about here.

Do you just ignore the daily threads of new and current users complaining about the Storm. It's epic. How do you ignore this? Wait let me guess. Don't answer I know this one. It's either user errror or it's a new device this is to be expected : )
    Looks like most issues are with everything but .75, my experience has been fine with .75, no big issues
    01-16-09 04:58 PM
    Maybe you weren't the right person to ask since you have little to no hands on experience with it
    Nice. Cutting to the core! If you ask the people who have truly used it, a great majority will tell you how fantastic it's been!
    01-16-09 06:07 PM
    Does this guy have any clue what the phone can do? I bet he owns an Iphone
    he most likely isn't even smart enough to use an iPhone!
    01-16-09 07:42 PM
    Pretty true most of the time.
    I happen to work at Best Buy...and just like other people, the people who work there have INDIVIDUAL opinions...I don't agree (obviously 'cause I'm on crackberry lmao) but still...
    02-13-09 12:09 AM
    I think the point is that resellers like Best Buy who sell more than one brand and more than one carrier are supposed to try to remain relatively neutral and answer the customer's questions factually, and try to avoid any personal biases. They should try to keep things positive and try not to favor one vendor/carrier over another. This person clearly didn't do that.
    02-13-09 12:24 AM
    Same thing happened to me and my wife. The guy actually said that texting has all but killed emails. Right then I knew he was an *****. I asked him to text me a power point presentation or a spreadsheet and started laughing at him. Funny thing is he had a bold. Why keep a thoroughbred on a leash? I halfway explained what his phone was capable of and introduced him to crackberry and he then thanked me.
    Last edited by BecerraC; 02-13-09 at 12:40 AM.
    02-13-09 12:36 AM
    I went to the local Best Buy Store today with a friend who is interested in purchasing a Storm. We looked around for a bit and a guy came up asking if we needed help. My buddy said he wanted to upgrade to the Storm from his Curve. Instantly, the Best Buy guy started puting it down! Asking why would you get a Storm, they are junk, don't buy it, etc... I had to stick up for the Storm... I asked the guy why he is so anti Storm, showed him mine and told him it was great and will only get better. He started trying to say the iPhone is far superior. I asked him if he is aware that the iPhone too was not perfect at launch. Also pointed out that certain customers, like my buddy need a device thats going to meet his business needs, something the iPhone doesn't do for most. I then pointed out that maybe if the store had "real" phones to play with he would be able to have a better understanding on how the phone works. Funny...
    Just thought I would share....
    Yup and he makes 6 bucks an hour, so his opinion on smartphones is kinda worthless. Especially in a business sense, seeing how as he doesn't have a job that remotely requires one. Unless putting his 4.5 hour a day work schedule on his calender counts.......
    02-13-09 12:39 AM
    Same thing happened to me and my wife. The guy actually said that texting has all but killed emails. Right then I knew he was an *****. I asked him to text me a power point presentation or a spreadsheet and started laughing at him. Funny thing is he had a bold. Why keep a thoroughbred on a leash? I halfway explained what his phone was capable of and introduced him to crackberry and he then thanked me.
    Alot of people buy phones withot really understanding them. I cant tell you how many times I've read people on here wanting to get a BB but not wanting the data plan because they are just gonna use it to text and stuff.
    02-13-09 01:24 AM
    Honestly...ive found that the sales associates at my local best buy to be complete idiots, most of them are minimally informed on the specs, and literally just quote it from a manual. Ask them about real world applications and 95% of them will BS a answer, then try to get back to the specs again, or its software selling points (hi iphone app store)

Tell your friend to research on the net whatever it is he wants to buy, he'll be better off going off some ******* opinion
    02-13-09 09:18 AM
    Why would that associate by bashing it in the first place if he didnt have one?
    02-13-09 09:49 AM
    Sounds like this sales person was right on the money, I could not recommend the Storm, and the iPhone is better for busyness, (better OWA no need for BES, VPN and thousands of busyness apps)
    02-13-09 11:27 AM
    Sounds like this sales person was right on the money, I could not recommend the Storm, and the iPhone is better for busyness, (better OWA no need for BES, VPN and thousands of busyness apps)
    Says the person who owns a Storm himself.

Business has an i in it too.
    02-13-09 11:38 AM
    Also says the person who can't spell business.
    02-13-09 12:09 PM
    You know eveytime I go to VZW someone is talking crap on the storms demo phones. I hold the BB button down, and there is every single app running. After I close them out, the phone runs great, and the same person comes back to play with them.
    02-13-09 12:15 PM
    Why would that associate by bashing it in the first place if he didnt have one?
    Ok wait. Time for some 'splainin.

The job I had the longest right after HS and before I had finished some training that got me into medicine, was working at a kitchen supply store that sold these really nice, solid oak butcher block tables and some other tables too. Back in the mid 90's, these tables cost up to $2000.

Day in and day out I delivered these tables. Assembled them, fixed broken ones, cleaned them, sanded them... went to 4 stores where I saw some that were brand new and 10 years old...

NOBODY knew more about these tables than me.

One problem, I never owned one.

IDC if the guy at Best Buy has a $7/ hour job (research min wage much?) .. he/she sees upwards of 100s of people a day looking for one thing: a cell phone.

Maybe they DON'T have business experience "like you" but many (not all) have an experience with these phones that you will NEVER have.. and that is day in and day out experience with hundreds of them and hundreds of customers a week too.
    02-13-09 12:20 PM
    Your analogy is not applicable. You delivered, assembled, fixed, cleaned, and sanded the tables at your job.

You think the sales associate at Best Buy assembles, troubleshoots, cleans, and plays with the devices? I've been to Best Buys where the display models are just that, PLASTIC display models, not actually functioning phones.

I'm not going to assume this associate is a complete moron but to believe his experience would supercede the research/personal insight a customer has on a device would be foolish.
    02-13-09 12:37 PM
    Ok wait. Time for some 'splainin.

The job I had the longest right after HS and before I had finished some training that got me into medicine, was working at a kitchen supply store that sold these really nice, solid oak butcher block tables and some other tables too. Back in the mid 90's, these tables cost up to $2000.

Day in and day out I delivered these tables. Assembled them, fixed broken ones, cleaned them, sanded them... went to 4 stores where I saw some that were brand new and 10 years old...

NOBODY knew more about these tables than me.

One problem, I never owned one.

IDC if the guy at Best Buy has a $7/ hour job (research min wage much?) .. he/she sees upwards of 100s of people a day looking for one thing: a cell phone.

Maybe they DON'T have business experience "like you" but many (not all) have an experience with these phones that you will NEVER have.. and that is day in and day out experience with hundreds of them and hundreds of customers a week too.
    first of all doucher i never claimed to use it for "business".
    second of all i never said anything about how much he makes.
    thirdly you never claimed to have sold them so dont tell me that Best buy associate takes them to the back and fix's them and cleans them and delivered them. he only sold them. I cant tell you how many salesmen dont know jack sh!t about products they're selling. They know what it can do and thats about it. If he was a good salesperson and want to be unbiased and truthful he should've said hey this phone has had some sluggish OS problems but they have had many updates for it. and then said something about the return rate for them (5%) like this phone has had some negative feed back but the positive feedback was way better. "You need to quit focusing on the frame and start looking at the whole picture."
    02-13-09 01:52 PM

I didn't know we were spitting absolute facts Mr. Encyclopedia Britanica. Tool.

$6.55. That better? It's called an "exageration". Check it out sometime.

The fact of THE MATTER IS, he doesn't have one single solitary working Storm whatsoever. So this ********, misguided claim that he has all this "experience" is completely false. Yes, the average Best Buy cell phone salesman knows more about cell phones than the average American citizen.

That's not saying much.....
    02-13-09 07:10 PM
    Why is it that when people criticize the Storm for it's shortcoming's you all rush out and call them douchers, tools and attack them for meaningless spelling errors? This is ridiculous. Have a debate for christ sake without personally attacking people.

First off, Best Buy has working models. They are not on display. Go into a Best Buy and ask them to use a demo. They will get it for you.

Secondly, the salesman, though a little harsh, was not out of line. He was commenting on the phones obviously very poor performance which is not something he just pulled out of the air. To tell people "it has some sluggish OS problems but there have been many updates" is an all out lie. There's been ONE update and there are still more problems than just a sluggish OS. If I didn't know any better and a salesman sold me on the Storm I would be pretty upset to get home and find it ran the way it does. A good salesman will stand behind every product they sell. He obviously could not and steered the customer away from what he believed to be a bad purchase.

Forget it's a Storm for a minute and insert any other piece of technology. Say some new Blu Ray or something. If this Blu Ray had a lot of problems and didn't function properly wouldn't you want that salesman to say "You may want to hold off on that."? Ofcourse you would...........

The problem here is that the OWNERS of the Storm (not all) diminish the problems and accept them while the "naysayers" and others are saying "No wait a minute, there is a problem."
    02-13-09 08:30 PM
    This is ridiculous. Have a debate for christ sake without personally attacking people."
    Amen, CK...words to live by.

Someone at my job just got a storm and hates it. I helped them update the OS and they love it. The leaks show the potential...
    02-13-09 08:35 PM
    Well that makes your opinion invalid because its biased doesn't it? A good salesman will put the whole truth out there good and bad and leave it for the customer to decide
    You can't get on your soapbox and say the Storm is all bad cause you'd be as dumb as that salesman.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:32 PM
    Secondly, the salesman, though a little harsh, was not out of line.
    I didn't say the salesman was out of line. I said the salesman was stupid. They are, after all, there to sell you something. Not deter you.......
    02-13-09 10:51 PM
    Wait a second, I make a reasoned argument and your response is to call me a doucher and a tool.. lol. I love this place! Welcome back Sykes.

Next.

And small child.. how many DIFFERENT storms have you sold, returned, helped customers with and moved in and out of stock? I know.. your answer to everything you can't answer is to call me a troll.

Next.

Thomas, I wasn't addressing you so sit back down. - your mom.

Next.

Go ahead... escalate it... I'm out of this thread.

lol.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-13-09 at 11:34 PM.
    02-13-09 11:15 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD