I had a sales associate at a corporate store in Florida do the same thing when I went to have my contacts transfered from my voyager to my storm. Apparently he hadn't actually played with a storm prior to forming his opinion because I thought I would have to pry it from his cold dead hands to get it back.
    01-14-09 10:54 PM
    I bought mine from best buy only because they had them in stock and I was too impatient to wait. However the sales rep did nothing but talk the phone up even though I knew everything about it from this site. I actually used some things from here that some people had problems with to talk the guy in front of me out of buying the last one. The rep was shocked when I told her I wanted it after the other guy said he would pass. I told her that was how bad I wanted a storm and I would say anything to get there last one.
    01-14-09 10:59 PM
    I had a sales associate at a corporate store in Florida do the same thing when I went to have my contacts transfered from my voyager to my storm. Apparently he hadn't actually played with a storm prior to forming his opinion because I thought I would have to pry it from his cold dead hands to get it back.
    Haha......happens to me all the time when I let somebody who hasn't played with a storm before....they are just fascinated by it.
    01-14-09 11:02 PM
    LOL, SILVER04XLT. Karma, Karma.
    01-14-09 11:06 PM
    LOL, SILVER04XLT. Karma, Karma.
    Haha I know. I just wanted the phone so bad!
    01-14-09 11:09 PM
    Oh geez. Someone put down a phone you own. Who cares? Had he called your mom or sister a *****, killed your, or burnt your house down, then yeah I could see getting bent out of shape. But saying the Storm is junk? C'mon....the guy wasn't that far off.
    01-15-09 01:14 AM
    Oh geez. Someone put down a phone you own. Who cares? Had he called your mom or sister a *****, killed your, or burnt your house down, then yeah I could see getting bent out of shape. But saying the Storm is junk? C'mon....the guy wasn't that far off.
    Not bent out of shape, it shows how unprofessional the employee is by deterring a customer from a phone that they are interested in shelling out dough for. And if he did or said any of the other things you mentioned, I would be more than "bent out of shape"
    01-15-09 08:09 PM
    You gotta look past employees' personal beefs with products. They pull the same crap with tvs, game systems, computers etc. I'm not sure what the guy's tone was, but really he isn't that far off from what he said. The Storm was sort of a mess at first, and in his own way he was probably just trying to prepare your buddy for life as a Storm owner. The phone has it's quirks you gotta admit, but I do agree that the guy needs to just earn his $7.00 an hour and make the sale without saying too much in the process.
    01-16-09 12:47 AM
    Not bent out of shape, it shows how unprofessional the employee is by deterring a customer from a phone that they are interested in shelling out dough for. And if he did or said any of the other things you mentioned, I would be more than "bent out of shape"
    Help me understand this logic.

A salesman saves a guy from making a bad purchase
    and that's unproffesional?

I would hope that if I was uninformed about a product that the salesman would steer me in the right direction. To me that's a great employee/salesman.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 01:11 AM
    Maybe the Best Buy guy in the OP is Boy Genius doing his day job
    LOL, that's hilarious.

I own bot a Storm and a Bold -- wont touch an iToy with at ten foot pole -- anyway, I bought my Bold from Best Buy because I did not want to mess with a stupid rebate.

The lady I bougth it from seemed fairly knowledgeable enough other than when I told her what I wanted she asked me what carrier? and I reminded her it was an AT&T exclusive. We chit chatted a bit, but there was not much to say about it. I was one of those people who knew what I wanted and she was smart enough to sell it to me, along with an 8GB memory card.

Anyway, the first Bold has a problem with the battery door staying on so I had to exchange it the next day, which they said was no problem. Anyway after the exchange was done, one of them asked me if I needed a Geek Squad member to help me with my email. I said "no, I can set up BIS myself." and he said "what?" Blackberry Internet Services "oh"

Aren't the BB mobile people fully trained? Why would they need a Geek Squad person anyway?
    01-16-09 04:24 AM

I would hope that if I was uninformed about a product that the salesman would steer me in the right direction. To me that's a great employee/salesman.

I think the OP is saying that the salesperson was being bias and not using any facts. If the employee had been using facts I'm sure the OP wouldn't have made this thread...
    01-16-09 06:06 AM
    I love my Storm but not everyone feels the same way. Hopefully you just made up your own mind and did what was best for you!
    01-16-09 06:12 AM
    Stupid is an adjective you can throw in there as well.

Employees are supposed to sell products. Not deter purchases.
    01-16-09 07:12 AM
    Damn smart salesman : ) gotta give him credit he knows his phones.

i pegged you for unemployed...lol
    01-16-09 07:50 AM

Well this explains alot

unemployed
    Device Model:
    8330 (Curve)
    Carrier:
    Verizon
    PIN:
    4gerber20

You are an angry, pot smoking, unemployed, ill informed, wannabe.

Have a nice day
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 01-16-09 at 12:45 PM.
    01-16-09 10:47 AM
    Perhaps that we got that I'm unemployed and stupid we can move the discussion along kids.

01-16-09 12:10 PM

First of all...why would buying a Storm be a bad decision? You don't own one...Second...at this point...if you are interested in a Storm chances are you are already "informed".
    01-16-09 01:15 PM
    First of all...why would buying a Storm be a bad decision? .
    Do I really need to write the long list?

01-16-09 01:28 PM
    I don't think anyone is interested in reading you quoting others experiences with the Storm. Since you don't own one your opinions would he based solely on other peoples experiences so please don't bore us
    01-16-09 01:35 PM
    From the looks of it you asked.

So I'm assuming you already know since you are "informed. "

01-16-09 01:38 PM
    Maybe you weren't the right person to ask since you have little to no hands on experience with it
    01-16-09 02:01 PM
    Maybe you weren't the right person to ask since you have little to no hands on experience with it
    Well you would think that when a salesman who doesn't care what you buy trys and tell you not to buy a piece of junk
    you would learn.

Its getting pretty bad when salesman are telling you not to buy something don't you think? Do you not find that even a bit odd?

01-16-09 02:15 PM
    I do find it a bit odd that that someone with no experience with the Storm, like the guy at Best Buy would share details without hands on experience.
    01-16-09 03:58 PM
    It's like me saying that a BMW sucks because my friends was in the shop a few times and I heard others have been too. Then talk to another guy who has the same model with no issues
    01-16-09 04:00 PM
    It's like me saying that a BMW sucks because 150 of my friends were in the shop a few times and I heard others have been too. Then talk to 10 other guy's who have the same model with no issues
    I fixed your comment to more directly reflect the reality of what we are talking about here.

Do you just ignore the daily threads of new and current users complaining about the Storm. It's epic. How do you ignore this? Wait let me guess. Don't answer I know this one. It's either user errror or it's a new device this is to be expected : )
    01-16-09 04:12 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD