I went to the local Best Buy Store today with a friend who is interested in purchasing a Storm. We looked around for a bit and a guy came up asking if we needed help. My buddy said he wanted to upgrade to the Storm from his Curve. Instantly, the Best Buy guy started puting it down! Asking why would you get a Storm, they are junk, don't buy it, etc... I had to stick up for the Storm... I asked the guy why he is so anti Storm, showed him mine and told him it was great and will only get better. He started trying to say the iPhone is far superior. I asked him if he is aware that the iPhone too was not perfect at launch. Also pointed out that certain customers, like my buddy need a device thats going to meet his business needs, something the iPhone doesn't do for most. I then pointed out that maybe if the store had "real" phones to play with he would be able to have a better understanding on how the phone works. Funny...
    Just thought I would share....
    01-14-09 07:00 PM
    Best buy has sooooo man phones for sale; too bad they are almost all dummy models that don't allow you to try out the phone first.
    01-14-09 07:17 PM
    But man is the screen click on those dummy Storms perfect! :P
    01-14-09 07:26 PM
    I am so sorry to hear that. I, myself, am also a Best Buy Mobile sales associate. I talk nothing but great things about the Storm. We are impartial to phones and carriers. We are not allowed to pick a phone or carrier for the customer or persuade them into or away from a phone. I can bash on the iPhone all day against my co-worker (she has an iPhone) and I would always win. Make sure you notify his manager, he would be in deep sh*t.

A customer came in asking today, "Which is better, a Storm or an iPhone?". While they asked this, I was playing a Zelda like game on the store's iPhone. I said that this is all iPhone are good for, games. If you want to get work done, I whipped out my Storm from my side holster and put it in his hands. After I was done explaining to him the differences, he agreed with my first statement.
    01-14-09 07:44 PM
    When somebody does that and has no facts they are simply ignorant.
    01-14-09 07:50 PM
    ^I agree. Totally ignorant. I do not understand places like Best Buy at times. Amazing.
    01-14-09 07:51 PM
    I went to the local Best Buy Store today with a friend who is interested in purchasing a Storm. We looked around for a bit and a guy came up asking if we needed help. My buddy said he wanted to upgrade to the Storm from his Curve. Instantly, the Best Buy guy started puting it down! Asking why would you get a Storm, they are junk, don't buy it, etc... I had to stick up for the Storm... I asked the guy why he is so anti Storm, showed him mine and told him it was great and will only get better. He started trying to say the iPhone is far superior. I asked him if he is aware that the iPhone too was not perfect at launch. Also pointed out that certain customers, like my buddy need a device thats going to meet his business needs, something the iPhone doesn't do for most. I then pointed out that maybe if the store had "real" phones to play with he would be able to have a better understanding on how the phone works. Funny...
    Does this guy have any clue what the phone can do? I bet he owns an Iphone
    01-14-09 07:53 PM
    I bought my Storm from a Best Buy store. The associate was great. Guess it just depends on which store you go to.
    01-14-09 07:54 PM
    I am so sorry to hear that. I, myself, am also a Best Buy Mobile sales associate. I talk nothing but great things about the Storm. We are impartial to phones and carriers. We are not allowed to pick a phone or carrier for the customer or persuade them into or away from a phone. I can bash on the iPhone all day against my co-worker (she has an iPhone) and I would always win. Make sure you notify his manager, he would be in deep sh*t.

A customer came in asking today, "Which is better, a Storm or an iPhone?". While they asked this, I was playing a Zelda like game on the store's iPhone. I said that this is all iPhone are good for, games. If you want to get work done, I whipped out my Storm from my side holster and put it in his hands. After I was done explaining to him the differences, he agreed with my first statement.
    The kid obviously had no clue what he was talking about. I didn't tell his boss, figured making him feel like he has no clue was enough for me!
    01-14-09 07:56 PM
    Funny BBartist! Either that or an old school Razor...lol
    01-14-09 07:58 PM
    Damn smart salesman : ) gotta give him credit he knows his phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 08:01 PM
    Sounds like a terrible "Sales Associate". If he worked for me (im an RDO for a Large Retail buisness), he'd be fired or watching his hours diminish...

Preach the benefits of the product, omit certain aspects that may sway you to to dislike or "not recommend" the product (don't false sell product, but you don't always have to point out every flaw in certain things) Try and remain impartial about what you sell. Sounds like you got a child trying to sell you a "Big Boy Product".
    Last edited by REC7IFY; 01-14-09 at 08:10 PM.
    01-14-09 08:04 PM
    Well, he works at Best Buy.

I'm not trying to be mean but he's clearly not the sharpest crayon in the box.
    01-14-09 08:07 PM
    I had that happen to me when i went to purchase my storm (my first bb) and i was at the verizon store! She said she hated the storm no less than 5 times and how completely terrible it was to use. I absolutely love my storm
    01-14-09 08:07 PM

Pretty true most of the time.
    01-14-09 08:08 PM
    Hold on, wait, we have two cereal killers. I am so confused.
    01-14-09 08:08 PM

HAA...nice!
    01-14-09 08:10 PM
    Damn smart salesman : ) gotta give him credit he knows his phones.

Ha, you flame storms evey time you can.

darn the salesman for being soooo bias. That is no way to make a sale, unless he gets paid more for activating new service which he probably does.

That is all good in America imo. Rape the uninformed. Capitalism at it's best. Yes!
    01-14-09 08:14 PM
    I have never had a good salesperson at a Best Buy. Hands down, every time they are rude to me and I do not have a good experience there. No offense to anyone here who works there
    01-14-09 08:51 PM
    I have a better story. My brother went to a Verizon corporate store on Long Island to check out the Storm.

He was told by a Verizon employee to avoid the Storm because of its numerous problems.

He left the store and got an iPhone. True story.
    01-14-09 08:54 PM
    Verizon store employee told me the same, and to get any model but the Storm. I guess he did not wish to replace mine again, and had plenty of the "older" models in stock. Humm
    01-14-09 09:15 PM
    Verizon store employee told me the same, and to get any model but the Storm. I guess he did not wish to replace mine again, and had plenty of the "older" models in stock. Humm
    That's messed up!
    01-14-09 09:18 PM
    The sales person at my Best Buy was sharp and knowledgable about both products IPHONE & Storm. I would also add very helpful, too. I think you just lucked out with a bad sales rep, wouldn't slam Best Buy overall.
    01-14-09 09:46 PM
    X
    Keep this. With the Economy in the toilet, this post pretty much guarantees you a job at Best Buy. If Best Buy can survive themselves anyway.

01-14-09 10:32 PM
    Maybe the Best Buy guy in the OP is Boy Genius doing his day job
    01-14-09 10:40 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD