Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • TalkLock

4 8.70%
  • StormLock

27 58.70%
  • ScreenLock

15 32.61%
    Which one do you think has the best locking app while in a call?
    TalkLock
    StromLock
    ScreenLock

if I am missing any let me know
    Last edited by anoesis; 01-31-09 at 01:27 AM.
    01-30-09 08:04 PM
    I use TalkLock and I've heard some negative comments here and there, but I don't see anything bad about it at all.

I've never tried the other two, so I can't give a good comparison, but I'm plumb happy with TL and the pricetag certainly isn't anything to complain about.
    01-30-09 08:13 PM
    I'm with Julia on this one. I have been using Talklock for over a week now and have not experienced any problems so far. (fingers crossed)
    01-30-09 08:21 PM
    I'ved used TalkLock and it seemed to work ok - it does what as advertised

and I too have not used the other ones, I would like to know from those who have
    01-30-09 10:03 PM
    ive been using TalkLock.... it just locks my screen lol .... i like it & its FREE & it looks cooler now cause i have Slash as the background
    01-30-09 10:07 PM
    talklock and screenlock are both free. I have tried both, not stormlock

imo screenlock is much better, why? because it takes up 2kb and not 200 + running in background memory which adds up, like on talklock.
    01-30-09 10:52 PM
    I've tried all 3 and I like StormLock the best.

With storm lock you can customize the lock messages, make phone lock with certain numbers and not lock with certain numbers. For example if you don't want it to lock while dialing voicemail you can program it not to lock when that # is dialed. You can also progam how long it waits to activate. So say you want to wait 30 seconds after the call starts to activate the lock you can tell it to do that.

It has a small footprint and customizable. The other 2 aren't, but they are free.
    01-30-09 11:06 PM
    ScreenLock hands down..
    01-30-09 11:18 PM
    I'm very happy with "StormLock".
    01-30-09 11:29 PM
    Thanks for the for all the input, Ilike the idea of customization, price I could care less about - imo it should have done it from the start!

added the poll!
    Last edited by anoesis; 01-31-09 at 01:28 AM.
    01-31-09 01:23 AM
    Thanks for the for all the input, Ilike the idea of customization, price I could care less about - imo it should have done it from the start!

added the poll!
    RIM knows about the problem and I'm sure it will be addressed sometime in the future. To be honest though I'm sure it's the least of their problems at this point.
    01-31-09 01:51 AM
    As long as it locks, I'm happy. Sometimes, I get mad at my own face... so sad.

Lol, I'm jk.
    01-31-09 02:12 AM
    RIM knows about the problem and I'm sure it will be addressed sometime in the future. To be honest though I'm sure it's the least of their problems at this point.
    OH I have no doubts about that, thats what you get for jumping on the latest and greatest

all in all im quite happy with, just looking to get the most back for the buck or lack thereof
    01-31-09 05:37 AM
    I'd also put my vote in for TalkLock.
    01-31-09 08:06 AM
    Tried both TalkLock and StormLock. Just didn't like the slider on TalkLock. Never could get the hang of unlocking with one swipe. StormLock is simple and just plain good at what it does. Very satisfied.
    01-31-09 09:09 AM
    StormLock also gives you the ability to lock the screen at anytime, not just when you are making a call.
    01-31-09 10:22 AM
    StormLock was well worth the $ for me.
    01-31-09 11:17 AM
    I've used talklock and currently using stormlock. The major thing I didn't like about talklock was it doesn't show the contacts name of who you are talking to. It only shows their number which is annoying. I like stormlock for sure.
    01-31-09 12:25 PM
    I had talklock and even changed the background screen. It covers all information except the number calling. I have switched to Stormlock and really enjoy it. It is worth the money. I can monitor all things and its easy to unlock and lock with the buttons and not trying to slide a slider that sometimes stops part way. Plus it can lock the phone from anywhere not just in the call screen. Now you can change the delay for the lock and even have it not lock on certain numbers such as calling your mailbox where you might have to use the keypad to enter your code. And you can change the text when the screen is locked. No problems with this program.
    01-31-09 12:35 PM
    I've tried all 3 and I like StormLock the best.

With storm lock you can customize the lock messages, make phone lock with certain numbers and not lock with certain numbers. For example if you don't want it to lock while dialing voicemail you can program it not to lock when that # is dialed. You can also program how long it waits to activate. So say you want to wait 30 seconds after the call starts to activate the lock you can tell it to do that.

It has a small footprint and customizable. The other 2 aren't, but they are free.
    I also have tried all 3, and agree with his comments. StormLock is the best for me.
    01-31-09 01:20 PM
    Screenlock for sure -- mainly cause of the size
    01-31-09 01:38 PM
    hmm seems like stormlock is the most popular, guess I'll have to give it a try
    01-31-09 10:35 PM
    I used to use talklock, but after rumors that it has a bad mem leak i switched to screenlock. I have not been able to use it much yet, but from what I have seen so far, I like it. My storm seems to be running quite a bit faster additionally.
    03-04-09 01:10 PM
    Talklock runs in the background all the time so it uses memory. Screenlock doesn't. But Screenlock will not work if the phone is locked whereas Talklock will. Screenlock for me.
    03-04-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD