I will soon be using my Storm for work e-mail through my companies server. As a result, I will be chaging my data plan to BES. Can anyone confirm for me whether or not I will still be able to push personal e-mail accounts through my Storm as well? I have had one freind tell me that with this Storm it is not possible to be on BES and to receive personal e-mail accounts as well, although I find this hard to beleive.

Can anyone using BES confirm this for me?

Thanks!
    02-28-09 08:28 AM
    You could use a program like Astrasync in conjunction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 08:30 AM
    You will be fine, you can setup your personal email accounts to be pushed. Ive carried blackberries on BES for years and have always used my personal emails address (gmail) as well.
    02-28-09 08:37 AM
    ew

I added a BES account a couple of weeks back at my new job.....I'm still able to use the vzw.blackberry.net account on the Storm. I had already deleted my "home" account prior to setting up on the BES, so I'm not sure if it would have worked as well, but don't see why not...

Good luck!
    02-28-09 08:48 AM
    hi,

i've had both BIS and BES emails on all my BB's--no problem. You can set up the BIS emails either thru the BB/carrier website or directly on your device (email setup).
    02-28-09 09:03 AM
    You need to make sure your carrier has provisioned your device for both BES and BIS. The default setting is usually for both but some administrators will contact your carrier to change this.

In addition you need to ensure that your BES administrator's device policy allows personal email accounts.

Matthew
    02-28-09 09:06 AM
    technically, it can do both BIS and BES at the same time...

However, the BES IT Policy could be setup in such a way that restricts or limits the BIS abilities of your blackberry. Your BES admin would have to tell you how its setup.
    02-28-09 09:06 AM
    Im on a BES and have no issues with getting my person email pushed down. works great.
    02-28-09 09:10 AM
    It depends on your IT policy. If the BES admin set it up so you can, then you can. If they restrict it, then you can not.

It is possible, I do it on mine, most BES admins don't stop it, but I do know some that stop it. If you are nervous you might want to contact your admin first to find out.
    02-28-09 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD