When my IT guy put my work email on my phone, my phone now insists on a password when it is locked. I am guessing this is some kind of IT security thing, but it is quite annoying and I can't disable it. Anyone know a trick around this? Thought I would ask, although I am not optomistic. Thanks.
    12-29-08 08:13 AM
    With my job, you have to follow the rules that are set that allow you to have access to their Email service. It’s your phone, but you have to follow their rules to have their email on the phone. You can set options to only lock after 20 mins- go to options-password change security time out to 20 min. Also change lock handled upon holstering to NO- and finally change allow outgoing calls while locked to yet. That’s my set up. good luck.
    12-29-08 08:25 AM
    The only option is to remove your device from the BES or have them create a custom policy for your device. Normally the policy is set to require a password for security (since without password protection there is NO security on the device)
    12-29-08 08:41 AM
    This is an IT policy(a smart one at that), that is forced by your IT. You can ask them to create a custom policy for you but highly doubt it.
    12-29-08 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD