Sup all //

So I know that BES(MDS), BIS-B, Direct TCP and Wi-Fi are different ways of receiving data to my phone, but what's the difference between them?

Currently my TweetGenius is set to auto. Should I set it to one of these?

Reason why I'm asking—is sometimes when I hit refresh, or send tweet through tweet genius—iti doesn't refresh or send the tweet all together. Basically i'm using it to view my friends timelines—otherwise I use my text to send tweet's and pics.

Thanks!

M
    05-21-09 04:46 PM
    BES stands for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and is used by businesses... BIS stands for BlackBerry Internet Service and is used mainly by your every day consumer.

I have mine set to Auto, too, and it works just fine. If you are on BIS, then you can set TG to that... see if it works better.
    05-21-09 04:53 PM
    hey Morf—do you have/use TweetGenius? Does it always update/often etc ...?

I have mine to update every 3 minutes—but once in a while I'll see tweets and replies either online, or via sms text before TweetGenius picks it up.
    05-21-09 04:59 PM
    hey Morf—do you have/use TweetGenius? Does it always update/often etc ...?

I have mine to update every 3 minutes—but once in a while I'll see tweets and replies either online, or via sms text before TweetGenius picks it up.
    Yes... I use TG. I have mine set to update every 30 minutes normally (because I'm always near a computer), but if I travel, I set it to update more often. I have never gone below having it update every 10 minutes, though. The only thing I have seen a little bit of a delay with is Replies or DMs. But it's not enough of a delay to annoy me or anything. It seems to pick up all the normal tweets when it should.

Also remember that what you are using isn't fully functional with the Storm yet, so that could be part of the problem. I am looking to a fully updated Storm version.

Do you follow TG on Twitter? You can ask them questions there... they are pretty prompt with their replies. Maybe they can suggest something that I am not aware of!
    05-21-09 05:04 PM
    OOooo was just restarting and version 1.07 is now available.
    05-21-09 05:06 PM
    OOooo was just restarting and version 1.07 is now available.
    Sure is! Even on the Storm, I have noticed that this version seems to be a bit quicker... and you will also notice that it is smaller in size. 600KB vs. 1MB.
    05-21-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD