im wondering if there are any BES admin's here who have 9500's or 9530's in their bb fleet. if so, how are you dealing w/ the storm of OS updates(pun 100% intended)? are your users staying with the carrier's official OS? are you manually updating each device or pushing? i have a few users who are eligible for upgrades and are contemplating the Storm so i'd like to know what im in for, in advance. thanks.
    02-12-09 12:51 PM
    I have 3 different versions of software on 3 different Storms in the field as we speak. Most times i upload the new os myself via desktop manager and most times it doesn't require reactivating the phone on the BES. On my personal Storm running on our BES, i have updated about 7 times from .75 on up and had to reactivate 1 time. I haven't pushed anything from our BES yet.
    02-12-09 01:16 PM
    im wondering if there are any BES admin's here who have 9500's or 9530's in their bb fleet. if so, how are you dealing w/ the storm of OS updates(pun 100% intended)? are your users staying with the carrier's official OS? are you manually updating each device or pushing? i have a few users who are eligible for upgrades and are contemplating the Storm so i'd like to know what im in for, in advance. thanks.
    the company I work for has 150,000+ employees in the US. I'm sure we have a ton of BB storms. Most of our users stay on the offical OS but a few I talked to are tech savy enough to do it themselves. I'm not allowed to do unofficial updates for them as I do not want to take responsibility for a broken device. I know our office has a ton of them and they allllllll come to me for help lol.
    02-12-09 01:58 PM
    It is quite easy to push the update from the BES. All you need to do is install the update locally on your BES the same way you would on your PC. From the standard BES admin console you can choose to upgrade users to the new OS. We have done it several times (only to .75), and it works pretty well. We always recommend a battery pull after the upgrade is completed though.
    02-12-09 01:59 PM
    thanks everyone. i think i'll go with pushing official os's and manual installs of betas. since i only foresee about 3 or 4 9530's in the wild, it shouldnt be that much of a hassle. maybe i'll pick one to do testing on and push betas to that one. just for fun.
    02-12-09 02:31 PM
    Yeah I actually had problems pushing a leaked OS OTA. Also if the users have saved a lot of things locally to the device they will be asked to delete some files to make room for the upgrade.
    02-12-09 02:57 PM
    One of my bosses has .90 on a full BES setup. I initialize over the cable on the BES server, physically. been working fine since it came out. he's at a remote location so it won't get any sort of updates until he's at this location again.

I have my own .103 running over redirector (they'd get pissed if I consumed a license!) and that is also working fine.
    02-12-09 03:02 PM
    One of my bosses has .90 on a full BES setup. I initialize over the cable on the BES server, physically. been working fine since it came out. he's at a remote location so it won't get any sort of updates until he's at this location again.

I have my own .103 running over redirector (they'd get pissed if I consumed a license!) and that is also working fine.
    i wish my boss was at a remote location. remote like the north pole. or the amazon basin.
    02-12-09 03:34 PM

02-12-09 03:59 PM
    i wish my boss was at a remote location. remote like the north pole. or the amazon basin.
    hahahahahahahahhahaaha
    02-12-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD